THE BROWNS BOARD

Ratbirds Broncos

USFBrown

This has been a great game. I hate the rat birds as much as anyone else but these refs are calling way too much for a playoff game. The rat birds have had some bad calls. I understand you can call those penalties. But cmon its the playoffs. This new era sissy ball is getting ridiculous.

This has been a great game. I hate the rat birds as much as anyone else but these refs are calling way too much for a playoff game. The rat birds have had some bad calls. I understand you can call those penalties. But cmon its the playoffs. This new era sissy ball is getting ridiculous.

I agree about the refs, enough of the ticky tack penalties.

It's about time for the Donkeys to have a playoff game loss with a name.......How about The Bomb? :lol:

Ya know what? it was nice to see the Donkeys lose a playoff heart breaker at home in the waning seconds with a freaking miracle play for a change. Just call it "The Catch". But wish it hadn't been the Ratbirds who delivered the coupe de grace.

Now I fear a repeat of the Bus Bettis "road to the SB", aided and abetted by crap officiating to give "The Little Criminal" his Lombardi on the way out. .

hey we can all agree on one thing.....you gotta hate both teams if you're a browns fan

BUT

at least the shitty birds have some tie to us on a maybe 'good/sad' note.

MEANWHILE the fucking broncos can go fuck themselves. the drive. the drive 2. too bad elway didn't get his knees all bent up like all the new 'running' QBs get Fd nowadays. unless you're a half arab/jew/spic like colon colonstonpak who's obvioulsy got some alien invisible shield around him. yes the dude is amazing and does everything right and if he we're a brown i'd be dancing down the hallway with a pickle. BUT fuck the NFC, FUCK harbaugh (cuz he won't coach here) and fuck every west coast team ever to play the game. i was hoping to see a browns player in disguise as a packer on the sideline (cuz god knows that defense just sucks azz) and do a woody hayes stiff arm on the nikkle.

EXCEPT

the almighy seahags who are going to march 'on' lynch into atlanta and fuck up some dirty black ass bird tomorrows. and their streak of non-playoff wins will continue.

lock of the weekend.

I think there's a very clear argument that Peyton manning is one of the most overrated QBs of our time. Talent wise he's off the charts but just can't win the big games.

Thats about as dumb a statement as one could make. One man does not win or lose a game by himself. I think Peyton is as good as they come.Is it his fault the defense gave up TD's? The Broncos were winning despite John Fox's mediocrity as a head coach...theres a reason Elway doesnt let him call the offensive plays.

Thats about as dumb a statement as one could make. One man does not win or lose a game by himself. I think Peyton is as good as they come.Is it his fault the defense gave up TD's? The Broncos were winning despite John Fox's mediocrity as a head coach...theres a reason Elway doesnt let him call the offensive plays.

So it's not Peyton's fault he threw into crowded coverage for a pick six? It wasn't his fault that when it came down to winning time in OT he threw across his body (something they teach you in middle school not to do) and set up the ravens to win? A QB's legacy in winning and losing in the playoffs no matter the talent and he's consistently proven not to be clutch. Ask Dan Marino or Jim Kelly about that. Talent wise he is hands down the best QB in the NFL, but in the end it comes down to winning and losing.

I think there's a very clear argument that Peyton manning is one of the most overrated QBs of our time. Talent wise he's off the charts but just can't win the big games.

Overrated? I partially agree. I certainly have Tom Brady well above him. But he's by no means anything other than great

So it's not Peyton's fault he threw into crowded coverage for a pick six? It wasn't his fault that when it came down to winning time in OT he threw across his body (something they teach you in middle school not to do) and set up the ravens to win? A QB's legacy in winning and losing in the playoffs no matter the talent and he's consistently proven not to be clutch. Ask Dan Marino or Jim Kelly about that. Talent wise he is hands down the best QB in the NFL, but in the end it comes down to winning and losing.

Yes.Lest we forget the man owns a SB ring...Wich is something weve been trying to acquire since 1966.

I've gotta admit it was a little nice seeing the 'old browns' whatever pansy bird band theyre calling themselves these days finally stick one to those horse fuckers in Denver. Does Cleveland no good, but it wasn't lost on me.

I thought the same yesterday after the game.

It's no consolation to us but it was entertaining to watch.

I still hate Art Modell, but that "Art" sticker on the jerseys meant something to the game.

I've got problems in understanding where your "clear argument" is.

There was no clear argument per se' However I find it horrendously funny this goon is calling a Man whose got a SB ring on his finger overrated. Just makes you wonder how much ripple some of these folks swill down before they post.

Baltimore or not, as long as a AFC north team in in, I'll root for them.

On the NFC side, got to pull for the Falcons being the closest team to where I live.

Now you are just being contrary Russ....'rooting for the AFC North". Farcical.

I will go along with you on the Falcons...but for different reasons, being that that franchise has been a downtrodden one for many, many years and it would be nice to see them win. Kinda like when the Saints won the Super Bowl a couple of years ago.

With a 7 point lead, and just somewhere about 3? minutes left in the game....

arguably one of the greatest qb's in the NFL to play the game.....wasn't allowed to throw for

another first down that would have won the game right there.

No, just have Peyton hand the ball off in a gutless, boring fit of the old "trying not to lose" crap.

Sure enough, they punt, and sure enough, the defense plays off the receivers, and lets one

go way down field. But not even Peyton Manning could roll out, and throw across his body to

a receiver being covered in a tight turn around route, obviously improvised. The ratbirds played aggressive

right to the last second, the broncs went conservative, then Peyton had to roll out and made a huge mistake.

The ratbirds were so freakin lucky, that Peyton wasn't allowed to be aggressive on that last drive in the game before overtime.

And Flaccolence throws the ball way over their heads to win the game, and the ratbirds win.

I think the stupid ratbirds wouldn't be in the playoffs without Boldin.

With a 7 point lead, and just somewhere about 3? minutes left in the game....

arguably one of the greatest qb's in the NFL to play the game.....wasn't allowed to throw for

another first down that would have won the game right there.

They were saying on the radio earlier that Manning actually audibled to a run there and Fox had actually called a pass originally, who knows how much truth there is in that though.

There was no clear argument per se' However I find it horrendously funny this goon is calling a Man whose got a SB ring on his finger overrated. Just makes you wonder how much ripple some of these folks swill down before they post.

Peyton Manning put it together for one season and got a super bowl ring, but his record and overall play in the playoffs has been meidocre at best. He's now 9-11 in the playoffs and consistently has made awful pressure plays to lose it for his team. If you don't believe me there's plenty of articles out there on this. ESPN, NFL network and CBS sports all ran reports on this exact same thing. It's like you "goons" aren't even reading what I'm saying. Clearly from a talent perspective he's the best QB of our generation. But let's face it, whether you want to admit it or not there's a clear line of Manning not preforming in the playoffs in crunch situations. You don't get to the mount Rushmore of QB's with one ring on your hand. Hell, Trent Dilfer has a ring for crying out loud. Of course he's amazing as a football player but the guy has been ousted in the first game his team has played 8 times now. There's a point where you have to realize QB is the most important position on the field and he's costing the team in the playoffs.

Peyton Manning put it together for one season and got a super bowl ring, but his record and overall play in the playoffs has been meidocre at best. He's now 9-11 in the playoffs and consistently has made awful pressure plays to lose it for his team. If you don't believe me there's plenty of articles out there on this. ESPN, NFL network and CBS sports all ran reports on this exact same thing. It's like you "goons" aren't even reading what I'm saying. Clearly from a talent perspective he's the best QB of our generation.

Disagree...I would say Tom Brady.

But let's face it, whether you want to admit it or not there's a clear line of Manning not preforming in the playoffs in crunch situations. You don't get to the mount Rushmore of QB's with one ring on your hand. Hell, Trent Dilfer has a ring for crying out loud. Of course he's amazing as a football player but the guy has been ousted in the first game his team has played 8 times now. There's a point where you have to realize QB is the most important position on the field and he's costing the team in the playoffs.

Or you could say that his teams are in the playoffs because of him. Manning is a great QB, no doubt. But I also acknowledge what you are saying....he doesn't always get it done.

(However, many times you HAVE to blame his defense....just like I blame the Browns defense for allowing The Drive).

Archived