THE BROWNS BOARD

Super Bowl Tickets

SirLuck

So I got curious on how tickets are distributed and just read an article claiming that non particpating teams each get 1.1% (about 748). So I called the browns and asked how many of these tickets go into a lottery among season tickets holders. The answer? Zero. I got to say, that sucks much.

So I got curious on how tickets are distributed and just read an article claiming that non particpating teams each get 1.1% (about 748). So I called the browns and asked how many of these tickets go into a lottery among season tickets holders. The answer? Zero. I got to say, that sucks much.

It is what it is.....each player gets 2, maybe 4, so that could up towards 200 or so tickets tickets.

Each owner can easily give away the other 500 tickets to people/ companies who spend tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars supporting his business.

As an example, you don't think First Energy people aren't going to get maybe 50 tickets to pass around?? They are paying 6-7 mil a year.

I understand your point, but the reality is the Super Bowl is for the NFL and it's supporters.....supporters above and beyond the guy who has a couple of seats.

You may not like the answer but I won't believe you are dumb enough to not not understand it.

I think the teams in the game get a allotment, maybe a few thousand, to distribute to fans of the team one way or the other.

It's a premium ticket, and most are reserved for advertiser/supporters.

It's the way it is.

It is what it is.....each player gets 2, maybe 4, so that could up towards 200 or so tickets tickets.

Each owner can easily give away the other 500 tickets to people/ companies who spend tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars supporting his business.

As an example, you don't think First Energy people aren't going to get maybe 50 tickets to pass around?? They are paying 6-7 mil a year.

I understand your point, but the reality is the Super Bowl is for the NFL and it's supporters.....supporters above and beyond the guy who has a couple of seats.

You may not like the answer but I won't believe you are dumb enough to not not understand it.

I think the teams in the game get a allotment, maybe a few thousand, to distribute to fans of the team one way or the other.

It's a premium ticket, and most are reserved for advertiser/supporters.

It's the way it is.

This is dated by a few years, but it will give you an idea of how Super Bowl tickets get allotted. Super Bowl Tickets More helpful info Always wondered, and now I know- even if you're lucky enough to score some SB tickets at face value, be prepared to pay $600 per- for nosebleeds.

Teams playing get quite a few, ditto host city. From that link it looks like the Patriots raffled off a bunch of their allotment to Tour sponsors- at a greatly inflated price, doubtless. Greedy Bastards.

As 'Peen said, to the teams that don't make it, once you get past the players, (probably some former players) coaches, (maybe)luxury boxes owners, and major sponsors- the fans get shut out.

If you want to try your luck, the NFL DOES hold a lottery (for what I'd guess) is around 500 tickets. Your odds of hitting on that one are only slightly better than hitting the Powerball jackpot.

They could still put a few pair into a lottery. I can't swing $3600 for tix plus airfare and room.

See my previous post- the NFL does throw a few table scraps to the peons.

LOL, now you know why you only see movie stars and guys like Usher at the game. :) They don't give a rat how much it costs to get in- it's "see and be seen"

Here's a little factoid to put it into perspective. A good friend's kid works in the Notre Dame Athletic department, ND got over 100,000 requests for National Championship game tickets- multiply that several orders of magnitude for the Super Bowl. Essentially, the NFL could charge whatever the hell they wanted to for Super Bowl Tickets. Even at $5,000 per, they'd still sell out.

Archived