THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Need An Leader Who Can Lead Men

dawgpound3

Browns have been missing this since the days of Jim Brown, Otto Graham. They need a leader that leads by example, by heart. Right now on this roster, there is literally no one that can step up to be the leader of the team. Years ago, I thought Browns had a leader in Jamal Lewis (who was one of my favorite Browns) but injuries and aging cut his time short in Cleveland.

Browns have been missing this since the days of Jim Brown, Otto Graham. They need a leader that leads by example, by heart. Right now on this roster, there is literally no one that can step up to be the leader of the team. Years ago, I thought Browns had a leader in Jamal Lewis (who was one of my favorite Browns) but injuries and aging cut his time short in Cleveland.

Joe Thomas could be that guy, but it is hard to 'lead' from the OT position.

Joe Thomas could be that guy, but it is hard to 'lead' from the OT position.

Joe Thomas like you said could be that guy, but I feel that Trent Richardson very well may be the leader of the Browns if he keeps his head on straight, and stays healthy. In the draft, they need to address this, and take a inside LB with the first pick, and move Jackson to OLB.

being fiery and vocal can help too, and a coaching staff that understands will let that player rise up and be that person especially if he proves it on the field week in week out..

passive and quiet type coaches wont get that done.. (Shurmurs poor lockerroom speech after his first win reminds me of that)

no surprise Jim Harbaughs nature shows in his team.

being fiery and vocal can help too, and a coaching staff that understands will let that player rise up and be that person especially if he proves it on the field week in week out..

passive and quiet type coaches wont get that done.. (Shurmurs poor lockerroom speech after his first win reminds me of that)

no surprise Jim Harbaughs nature shows in his team.

Exactly, one of the players I like in the draft is Andrew Jackson, whose play resembles Ray Lewis, and could be a dominating force in the middle.

Exactly, one of the players I like in the draft is Andrew Jackson, whose play resembles Ray Lewis, and could be a dominating force in the middle.

Well, if he lives up to his namesake, he will be firey as hell...and get his picture on money.

Needless to say, his nickname would be "Old Hickory" wouldn't it?

joe thomas has been nominated for NFL's 'man of the year' award.

that being said the leadership role usually comes from the QB position not from some skill position player. weeden is very weak in that regard if you ask me. needs to grow a pair.

jamal lewis cut his NFL career short by doing time in jail for cocaine peddling. i know people can change, but a leader he never was. besides we got him at the end of his career.

we know who the leader of the D is, w/o question it's DQ. no one (QB) has shown they can do anything right at this point.

Two Words... Colt McCoy.

I feel like sometimes no one here ever listens to cleveland sports radio lol

On Offsense I hate to break your hearts but Greg Little took the leader role this year and he's gonna run with it, he may not be your favorite guy to be a leader but trust me and take this to the mafucking bizzank G'Lizzle is the M.A.N

On Defense i can't really tell if D'Q is the vocal leader out there i just never fealt like he was, so who do i think could be "that guy" hmmm i'll go out on a limb and say T.J Ward with his rough style of play could stand up and get more vocal and i think players would follow him.

I think you are right about Ward, he's been here awhile and has earned the respect..

just hope he can stay on the field longer? and still hit hard with wreckless abandon..

sorry it sounds cliche, but its true.

didnt now that about Little though

That's because all of our radio stations are trash. They talk about every little Browns topic 24/7 when there's other things going on in Cleveland...like umm..our 20 year old All-Star.

I know 850 and 92.3 give alot and i mean alot of attention to the browns, but i know 92.3 definitely talks Cavs/Indians, if you want a chime in on some love for Kyrie call them 216-578-0092 and tell em start giving more love to the sports that are in season.

Archived