THE BROWNS BOARD

Team Of The Decade 2010S

The Gipper

Now that the Ravens have won the Super Bowl, here are the Team of the Decade of the 2010s standings.

Here is how the Team of the Decade standings are determined: A Team gets 10 points for winning the Super Bowl, 6 points for losing the Super Bowl, 3 points for losing in the AFC/NFC title game, and 1 point for making the playoffs. Three years of this Decade have gone by and the standings after the last title game is as follows:

Ravens 1+3+10 14 points

Packers 10+1+ 12 pts

Patriots 1+6+3 10 pts

Giants 10 10 pts

49ers 3+6 9 pts

Steelers 6+1 7 pts

Falcons 1+1+3 5 pts

Bears 3... 3 pts

Jets 3... 3 pts

Saints 1+1 2 pts

Seahawks 1+1 2 pts.

Colts 1+1 2 pts.

Texans 1+1 2 pts

Bengals 1+1 2 pts

Broncos 1+1 2 pts

Chiefs 1 pt.

Eagles 1 pt.

Lions 1 pt.

Vikings 1 pt

Redskins 1 pt.

The Bills, Browns, Panthers, Titans, Bucs, Dolphins, Jags, Rams, Cowboys, Cardinals, Chargers, and Raiders have all failed to make a single playoff appearance in the first three years of the 2010s thus far.

Just because a team starts out ahead in the Team of the Decade race after 3 years doesn't mean they do become that decades dynasty. Nor, because a team wins the year ending in a 2 does it mean they will become the team of a decade, eg."

2000s, the team that won in 2002 was the Buccaneers, the team of that decade was the Pats.

1990s, the Cowboys won in 1992 and won team of the decade.

1980s the Redskins won in 1982 but the 49ers were the team of the 90s

1970s the Dolphins started fast, won in 1972, but the Steelers became team of that decade

1960s the Packers won in '62 and were team of the decade (Chiefs also won AFL)

1950s the Lions won the 1952 title but the Browns were the team of the 50s

1940s the Redskins won in 1942 but the Bears were the team of the 40s

1930s the Bears were champs in 1932 but the Packers were the team of that decade

1920s the Canton Bulldogs won the 1922 title, but the Bears were the team of the 20s.

we have had 3 teams win the title. Who would anyone say is the best?

People could make the case that NE is the best. And they have won 0 titles.

Of the 3 teams that HAVE won the title, I would put GB 1st, NYG 2nd, Balt 3rd.

GB has the best chance to win more titles then NYG or Balt.

They have the best QB and the best coach. Not to mention Balt will have to deal with NE, Pitt, and Den the next 2-4 years.

And we shall beat them again.

Ask Denver and New England about Baltimore.

Did you beat GB or Pitt i the playoffs?

ANd how many times do you think you can beat Brady and Manning in the same season? You got one, do you REALLY think you can beat both of them again?

Did you beat GB or Pitt i the playoffs?

ANd how many times do you think you can beat Brady and Manning in the same season? You got one, do you REALLY think you can beat both of them again?

We didn't have to beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs because guess what....they didn't make it. And I don't know if you know this or not, but we beat the team that beat Green Bay. To win the Super Bowl. Brady and Manning are soft and I like our chances every time we go against them.

It wasn't that long ago, when Flatulence Flacco was a "BUST" discussion most everywhere.

But, somebody who thinks they have been a stinkin ratbird fan since 1996 ...that's just plain pitiful.

It wasn't that long ago, when Flatulence Flacco was a "BUST" discussion most everywhere.

But, somebody who thinks they have been a stinkin ratbird fan since 1996 ...that's just plain pitiful.

Pitiful? I don't get your argument there. I have been a Ravens fan since 1996. I was a Colts fan until they left. I was a Buffalo Bills fan because of Jim Kelly, and I became a fan of the Ravens when they returned football to the best football town in the country. In regards to Flacco, all he has done since he was drafted is win, especially in the postseason. He has won more postseason games and has as many rings as the NFL's Golden Boy, Peyton.

Only thanks to his defense. Seriously.... I just meant how can ya be a ratbird fan, when the same thing happened to your team, that

was stolen from you? Can't see it. And, you wouldn't have appreciated an Indinnapolis Colts fan coming to your old board, and laughing

and bragging on how their Colts went to the superbowl, would ya?

So, that's why I said "pitiful". That's all.

Is Joe Flacco "The Answer"? | Bleacher Report bleacherreport.com/articles/146829-is-joe-flacco-the-an... Mar 29, 2009 ... This wasn't enough for the critics, as some still believe that Joe Flacco is a bust. They say that his success is because of that stifling defense, ...

Great thread Gipper. But the only point I will leave you with, is the Baltimore Colts won twice in the 1950's. Cleveland owned the decade, no doubt about it, but Baltimore deserves to be in second place behind them.

No, actually, the Lions are in second place in the 50s behind the Browns. Here are the point totals for the 1950s. Remember, there was usually one and only one postseason game played in those years, though a couple of times there were play in games:

Browns: 10+6+6+6+10+10+6+3 for 57 points

Lions: 10+10+6+10 for 36 points

Rams: 6+10+3+6 for 25 points

Giants: 3+10+6+6 for 25 points

Colts: 10+10 for 20 points

Bears: 3+6 for 9 pts

49ers: 3 for 3 pts.

The Colts didn't come into existance until the middle of that decade, so they had little time to "count up points". They certainly did well in the limited time they had, winning the last 2 titles of that decade, but those other teams did squeeze in more postseason play.

we have had 3 teams win the title. Who would anyone say is the best?

People could make the case that NE is the best. And they have won 0 titles.

Of the 3 teams that HAVE won the title, I would put GB 1st, NYG 2nd, Balt 3rd.

GB has the best chance to win more titles then NYG or Balt.

They have the best QB and the best coach. Not to mention Balt will have to deal with NE, Pitt, and Den the next 2-4 years.

Your point is taken. A "Team of the Decade" cannot be determined until the end of the decade. Who knows who will emerge as dominant. Take the 70s: through 1972 no one would have predicted that the Steelers would be the dominant team. It looked like the Dolphins would carry that mantle...but as we know that was not the case.

To correct you, Manning has 1. Just like Flacco. Brady has 3, and more power to him. How many does Cleveland have??? And yes, they are soft. Just watch the second half of the AFC Championship Game, and you will see how soft Brady is.

The Cleveland area has won 13 titles in its history. Tied with Green Bay for the most. Of course none in a long while.

But, hell, who knows...any team, even the Browns could end up being the Team of the Decade before the decade is over.

Ravens have a slight lead right now. But this is only the quarter pole.

And yes, I would take Flacco over those two any day of the week. His time is now.

For the future, sure you would take Flacco. He is only what? 27-28? Those others are in their late 30s.

The question is: what kind of team will he have around him if he gobbles up all the cap space with his salary?

Just to advise, here is the complete list of Teams of the Decades going back to the formation of the NFL:

2000s

Patriots 41 points

Steelers 28 pts.

Colts 25 pts

Eagles 21 pts

Giants 20 pts

1990s

Cowboys 37 pts

Bills 28 pts

49ers 25 pts

Broncos 25 pts

Packers 22 pts

1980s

49ers 46 pts

Redskins 30 pts

Raiders 23 pts

Broncos 20 pts

Bears 18 pts

1970s

Steelers 48 pts

Cowboys 46 pts

Dolphins 30 pts

Raiders 26 pts

Vikings 25 pts

1960s

Packers 56 pts

Chargers 34 pts (1st AFL)

Oilers 30 pts (2d AFL)

Chiefs 27 pts (3rd AFL)

Bills 26 pts (4th AFL)

Browns 23 pts (2d NFL)

1950s

Browns 57 pts

Lions 36 pts

Giants 25 pts

Rams 25 pts

Colts 20 pts

1940s

Bears 46 pts

Browns 40 pts

Redskins 28 pts

Eagles 26 pts

Giants 21 pts

1930s

Packers 52 pts

Giants 44 pts

Bears 32 pts

Lions 16 pts

Redskins 16 pts

1920s

Bears 43 pts

Bulldogs 30 pts

Packers 19 pts

Yellow Jackets 19 pts

Giants 16 pts.

And we shall beat them again.

Ask Denver and New England about Baltimore.

I don't think Denver is scared about Baltimore. Jones hail Mary was more fluke than tebows slant against the steelers.

Baltimore will probly not make it back to playoffs. lossing way to much retirement/Fa + super bowl hangover. plus I can see them phucking up flacco situation which can certainly me problems early

Archived