THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Flacco

Comeonman

Did anyone see this shit on Espn. Merril Hoge put up his "reality top five QB board".

1.Joe Flacco

2. A Rogers

3. T Brady

4. Ben Gay

5. M Ryan

I just lost all respect for the man's opinion. Apparently winning the Super Bowl makes you the best QB in the league. I wouldn't have him in the top five, maybe around 8 or 9

Did anyone see this shit on Espn. Merril Hoge put up his "reality top five QB board".

1.Joe Flacco

2. A Rogers

3. T Brady

4. Ben Gay

5. M Ryan

I just lost all respect for the man's opinion. Apparently winning the Super Bowl makes you the best QB in the league. I wouldn't have him in the top five, maybe around 8 or 9

Just because he's about to get paid like one doesn't make him one. Yup, just chuck up a couple prayer bombs on the run in the SB, and they got answered. Short term, I'd still take Peyton Manning over anyone on that list except Brady.

yeah,Merril Hoge never struck Me as anyone brilliant and nothing more than a self pontificating blow hard.

Well, at least he can pronounce words in English properly. Some of the guys they get on there as analysts they get because they were simply former players, but they have no business broadcasting. I would prefer more professional broadcasters...not a panel of one host and 6 ex-jocks...some of whom have no clue.

Hoge is a tool.

Always has been, always will be.

Flacco has deservedly moved into "elite" status, but that does not move him to the top of the list.

Level One Elite

Brady

Rodgers

P. Manning

Brees

Level Two Elite

Roethlisberger

E. Manning

Flacco

Ryan

Future Elite

Wilson

Griffin

Luck

Dalton

Kaepernick

Newton

Good QBs not elite

Stafford

Schaub

Rivers

Romo

Cutler

Freeman

Bradford

Ponder

Everybody else is precarious at best. Alex Smith should be on that bottom list with his new team next year. If you are not on this list, you don't have a quarterback. You may think you do, but you don't.

Zombo

As of right now I'd put Flacco ahead of Manning, sure Manning has had a much better career overall but I bet Colt could chuck it just as far as Manning can at this point.

I don't believe Dalton is a future elite type of guy - I'd swap him with Stafford maybe in their categories.

Beat Manning,Brady - only other QB besides Montana? to throw 11 tds 0 ints in the playoffs and win the superbowl?

Highest QBR rating since the new system was put into place in 2008 of any QB in the playoffs, would take Flacco over Rapelisberger in a heartbeat.

Peoples perception of Flacco will change(with Ray "look at me" Lewis gone)once the media starts kissing this guys ass if he has another solid year next season.

Sometimes I don't get what some people base their rankings off of. If you're going off sheer talent, then it's a no brainer that guys like Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Brees etc are above the guy. But for me, it's all about winning when the games matter the most i.e. playoffs and 4th quarter. Flacco was genuinely flawless in the playoffs this year and won the head to head against Manning and Brady to do it. The guy has more road playoff wins than any other QB in the history of the NFL, and now has a ring.

Take that against Peyton Manning. He does have a ring but is 9-11 in the playoffs and consistently has had home field advantage in the playoffs. His QB ratings are up and down to say the least in the playoffs and has made crucial mistakes in the clutch (throwing across his body for an INT this year). So in actuality, who is better? You can bitch and moan to me all you but winning is what matters, and Flacco is officially 9-4 in the ones that matter most.

Brand new 16 game season starts on Sunday. You have the option as HC to take any QB in the league. You are telling me that guy is gonna be Joe Flacco?

IMHO, you take Flacco ahead of anyone else- you're out of your ever loving mind. Really, at least three of of those bombs he tossed up in the post season- most notably the one against Denver- though two in the SB were close seconds- were prayers that got answered. All three were badly misplayed by the defensive backs, not laser on target passes.

PS I do like Z's ranking a lot- and I notice Weeden isn't on it.

IMHO, you take Flacco ahead of anyone else- you're out of your ever loving mind. Really, at least three of of those bombs he tossed up in the post season- most notably the one against Denver- though two in the SB were close seconds- were prayers that got answered. All three were badly misplayed by the defensive backs, not laser on target passes.

PS I do like Z's ranking a lot- and I notice Weeden isn't on it.

gotta agree with you on this one. Flac can get the ball down the field but it takes forever to get to the area where his receiver should be usually along

a db or two who are able to converge on his rainbow tosses. His receivers make more plays than he does. he should give them part of his impending big

contract. kaepernick, I think, showed has a lot more zip and timing on his throws. He was merely a throw away from getting a ring and he certainly

measures up much better to the current QB ace of the league.......rodgers.

Yeah I'll give Flacco top 8. I'll tell u what I wouldn't do, is give him 20+ a year like he will want. Those level one guys maybe, not Flacco. He will never be a Brady Rogers Manning type QB. They are truly Elite. Even though he had a great postseason, he is still the same guy

Oh,no, no. The Ravens should DEFINITELY give Flacco 20 Million a year.

By all means lets have them eat up a huge portion of their salary cap with this guy....and just get scrubs to fill in the other 25 positions on that team (22 plus K/P/LS/KR).

And them let them suck swamp water. By all means, put all your eggs in the Flacco basket.

(Unfortuneatly, I believe Ozzie Newsome is too smart to do all that, so it won't happen)

Flacco is also brilliant, apparently.

He wanted his guys to jump off the bench and tackle Ginn on the last play if he broke free.

If that happened, the 49ers would certainly have been awarded a TD and won the game.

Would have been the best story ever, though ...

Joe Flacco didn’t want to take any chances in the closing seconds of Super Bowl XLVII. If San Francisco return man Ted Ginn Jr. broke into the clear on the game’s final play, he wanted his teammates to be prepared. “If he starts to break it, go tackle him,” Flacco told Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta on the sidelines, as overheard by NFL Films microphones. “I don’t know,” Flacco said, when pressed by his teammate about the legality of his idea. “I mean, what else … what could they … I don’t know. They might be able to give him a touchdown on that, but I don’t know.” According to NFL rules, the officials would have been able to award Ginn a score due to the “palpably unfair act” committed by the Ravens sideline. However, Flacco seemed ready to run the risk of committing a foul if it meant keeping the 49ers out of the end zone. “Why can’t you [tackle him]?” center Matt Birk asked his quarterback after Flacco yelled the plan to his team’s offensive line. “I will,” Flacco said. “I’m going to.” Baltimore’s special teams unit never needed any help, however, as Ginn was tackled and the Ravens were crowned champions.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/02/joe-flacco-wanted-sidelined-teammates-ready-to-run-onto-field-to-tackle-ted-ginn-on-super-bowls-final-play/

Sometimes I don't get what some people base their rankings off of. If you're going off sheer talent, then it's a no brainer that guys like Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Brees etc are above the guy. But for me, it's all about winning when the games matter the most i.e. playoffs and 4th quarter. Flacco was genuinely flawless in the playoffs this year and won the head to head against Manning and Brady to do it. The guy has more road playoff wins than any other QB in the history of the NFL, and now has a ring.

Take that against Peyton Manning. He does have a ring but is 9-11 in the playoffs and consistently has had home field advantage in the playoffs. His QB ratings are up and down to say the least in the playoffs and has made crucial mistakes in the clutch (throwing across his body for an INT this year). So in actuality, who is better? You can bitch and moan to me all you but winning is what matters, and Flacco is officially 9-4 in the ones that matter most.

If it had been Flacco going to Denver this year instead of Manning...do you really think he leads them to the best record in the AFC? AFC West champions? Playoffs?

No doubt he had a great run...But does he really raise the level of the players around him?Or do they raise his level of his play?

Also something that has failed to be mentioned is Flacco doesn't audible, read defenses and change protections the way Brady and Manning do. No one does for that matter. Brady and Manning don't need an OC Flacco does. I 'm sorry but Flacco is no where near those two especially Tom Brady and his multiple SB rings.

Also something that has failed to be mentioned is Flacco doesn't audible, read defenses and change protections the way Brady and Manning do. No one does for that matter. Brady and Manning don't need an OC Flacco does. I 'm sorry but Flacco is no where near those two especially Tom Brady and his multiple SB rings.

In the Superbowl the Rats had a 3rd and 1? Flacco audibled out of a run to a pass and completed it to Bolden for a big gain, gutsy move.

I don't think anyone is arguing that Flacco's total collection of work is greater than that of Manning or Brady as a whole, that'd be silly.

But as it stands right now Flacco had a greater post season, one of the greatest of all time for that matter - and beat both Manning and Brady in the process.

So, that's got to count for something.

If it had been Flacco going to Denver this year instead of Manning...do you really think he leads them to the best record in the AFC? AFC West champions? Playoffs?

No doubt he had a great run...But does he really raise the level of the players around him?Or do they raise his level of his play?

Well honestly it's hard to truly compare apples to apples. A fool would say talent wise Flacco is better than Manning. Flacco might not have lead Denver to the best record in the AFC. But as I said before, no one remembers who had the best record of the regular season. Peyton Manning has consistently choked in the playoffs and his record shows that.

In regards to the level of talent around his team, Flacco was making throws all post season that were in a word perfect. That third and inches throw in the Super Bowl was absolutely a thing of beauty. He hit guys in the seam routes (mainly Boldin) that were simply not defensible. Look, I'm not here to argue against the fact Manning is a legendary QB in the league. I'm just trying to get the point across that history doesn't remember the regular season, it remembers playoffs. As it stands now, Flacco might be on pace to double or triple the rings Manning has while outperforming him in the playoffs. Which is better, having a HOF QB with inconsistent playoff results or a "above average" QB who gets you there and wins?

Anyone wana bet he wont live up to that deal...

You never take take a bet on a QB who in My mind is nowhere near being Elite...Hell Trent Dildo wasnt Elite and still got a ring....so yes,Im saying Flacco needs to do more in order for Me to say he's even remotely Elite.

In this league, having a top ten QB is all but essential to having a playoff team. Joe Flacco is a top ten QB, and the Ravens will not be able to sign one better. They will have to pay the man, and hope that he does live up to it. He will be a free agent, so they will have to pay him Elite money. That hit to cap space is a great thing for us

Well honestly it's hard to truly compare apples to apples. A fool would say talent wise Flacco is better than Manning. Flacco might not have lead Denver to the best record in the AFC. But as I said before, no one remembers who had the best record of the regular season. Peyton Manning has consistently choked in the playoffs and his record shows that.

In regards to the level of talent around his team, Flacco was making throws all post season that were in a word perfect. That third and inches throw in the Super Bowl was absolutely a thing of beauty. He hit guys in the seam routes (mainly Boldin) that were simply not defensible. Look, I'm not here to argue against the fact Manning is a legendary QB in the league. I'm just trying to get the point across that history doesn't remember the regular season, it remembers playoffs. As it stands now, Flacco might be on pace to double or triple the rings Manning has while outperforming him in the playoffs. Which is better, having a HOF QB with inconsistent playoff results or a "above average" QB who gets you there and wins?

The problem is that even when a QB gets rings, sometimes he does not get credit. Bart Starr has 5 rings....and though that is the most in history behind only Otto Graham, very few ever include him in their list of all time greatest QBs. Marino who has none gets in there. Favre and Manning have one each and they are often named. Jim Plunkett has two rings and never gets any consideration for the HOF.

So, I don't know, at this point I would not put Flacco on a par even with BR...who has 2 rings and played for another.

So, just having a single successful playoff season doesn't get you into the photograph of best QBs.

For all we know Flacco may end up in Trent Dilfer/Mark Rypien/Brad Johnson country.

Who is the QB for the browns?? If Flacco were to have a shot at other teams snagging him ( which wont happen), He would get offers from over half the teams in the NFL.

Yeah sure because he just won the superbowl. The same could be said for any free agent quarterback that just won the SB.

Why not give us a clue on how hard he is going to hit an already cash strapped team...16 maybe 18million/ year.

Yeah sure because he just won the superbowl. The same could be said for any free agent quarterback that just won the SB.

Why not give us a clue on how hard he is going to hit an already cash strapped team...16 maybe 18million/ year.

In CAP cost between 13-15 Mil a year. If they sign him. 20 Mil if the exclusive tag is slapped on and not signed

Archived