THE BROWNS BOARD

Headed Back Home

cambridgeho

Dude I don't know where you are in NC but the weather sucks lately (past four or five years really). It might be globing warming who knows but one day it's 70 and two days later it's winter weather advisories. Not to mention recent summers have been just as hot as Florida most days. NC weather is a lot like women: nice one day and crazy as shit the next.

Dude I don't know where you are in NC but the weather sucks lately (past four or five years really). It might be globing warming who knows but one day it's 70 and two days later it's winter weather advisories. Not to mention recent summers have been just as hot as Florida most days. NC weather is a lot like women: nice one day and crazy as shit the next.

Disagree man. PERFECT weather here on the Outer Banks, Woo.

Disagree man. PERFECT weather here on the Outer Banks, Woo.

Oh yea that's a lot different then. It's beautiful in that area that's for sure. I'm in the Piedmont so we always get these damn spikes in weather. The inconsistency sucks, I'd rather be warmer all the time than wearing a heavy coat on Monday and shorts on Wednesday. Although if I do move towards the beach or south I'll miss getting out of work for 3 inches of snow haha.

Yea Hurricane Sandy sucked, me and 2 chicks stuck in my house for 2 days drunk.

Uhm, Sandy only hit tangentially there. With global warming and hurricanes getting ever stronger you are likely to get hit with a hurricane where you won't have a house left.

And those two drunk chicks will end up categorized as something else: Floaters.

Really ?, this guy is excited to move back to Cleveland and you're going to slam him. Assbasket, that's BS, to each their own. Happy for you if you're headed to where you want to be and for all who like where they are. Tell you one thing though, I can only imagine how cool the Browns games are pre, during and post game time. Have been a fan since early 70's and only been to one game in the old stadium Had a blast and people were fantastic. Love the team, most loyal fans in the NFL (pretty much have to be to put up with the BS), support anyone who roots for the Browns .. well almost anyone.

All the best Cambrigdeho !

Really ?, this guy is excited to move back to Cleveland and you're going to slam him. Assbasket, that's BS, to each their own. Happy for you if you're headed to where you want to be and for all who like where they are. Tell you one thing though, I can only imagine how cool the Browns games are pre, during and post game time. Have been a fan since early 70's and only been to one game in the old stadium Had a blast and people were fantastic. Love the team, most loyal fans in the NFL (pretty much have to be to put up with the BS), support anyone who roots for the Browns .. well almost anyone.

Good post. Lifelong browns fan and I have never stepped foot in CLE. Only games I'm able to see is against DAL and HOU. I spent summers in Ohio as a kid and would love to move there

Wow, that all escalated very fast!

Anyway, thank you very much. I will actually be getting stationed in Lorain, USCG. As OSU and fan of Cleveland all around, I have suffered down here in Bama and LA for 7 years. I just cant wait to get to the games. I have paid to much for direct tv every year for the Sunday ticket, so being there will be so damn worth it.

Wow, that all escalated very fast!

Anyway, thank you very much. I will actually be getting stationed in Lorain, USCG. As OSU and fan of Cleveland all around, I have suffered down here in Bama and LA for 7 years. I just cant wait to get to the games. I have paid to much for direct tv every year for the Sunday ticket, so being there will be so damn worth it.

Are you going to be home for good or is it just another stop?

Either way its gotta feel good step back onto the yankee soil.

I will be back for about 3 years. Then I will have 6 years left until I can retire at 39. Then move back to the house we bought in Alabama, reason being shit is just cheaper down here. My house is in Dothan and I live in a 1900sq house on .25 acres and my taxes run about 315 a year. I have yet to find a cheaper place to live. However I am happy to be back up north, I am ready to hunt the deer and catch the walleye!

I will be back for about 3 years. Then I will have 6 years left until I can retire at 39. Then move back to the house we bought in Alabama, reason being shit is just cheaper down here. My house is in Dothan and I live in a 1900sq house on .25 acres and my taxes run about 315 a year. I have yet to find a cheaper place to live. However I am happy to be back up north, I am ready to hunt the deer and catch the walleye!

Amen brother!

My brother is retired USAF. I envy the flexibility his pension provides him. I got out of the Army after coming home from 'Nam & have always (other than the moving around) regretted not staying for 20 years. That pension combined with a nice job (maybe Gov't) will allow you to travel & possibly make a game or few a year.

Good that you're "home" for awhile & just in time to see a REAL Owner & resurgence of the Browns.

Welcome back!

Mike

;) Cambridge...

315 a YEAR? Ours are about 4 times that...for a half. Sounds like a great place to retire.

dammit.

Good luck with the Walleye...bout six years ago maybe, we had our bayliner cabin cruiser up at the islands area, docked

at Port Clinton, and even the experts we watched with binoculars couldn't catch a thing.

and the lake gets rough in beautiful weather. Very weird.

Sold the old boat. It was fun though.

I've never regretted not staying in. Just wasn't interested. I could have been in OSI, that would have been cool maybe,

but I was proud to go in, and proud to get back out. SAC had too many people in it that wouldn't be able to do well in civilian life.....

and I am just too contrary to take orders for more than my four years.......;)

i'd rather be on the north coast baby.

a mile to the shore. get on a boat go chill on an island or go to one of the best amusement parks in the states. turn around and 2 miles to the countryside. fresh water over salt water. mosquitoes over flying roaches. and not have to deal day to day being a minority in your own country. i think people that don't enjoy the change in seasons are crazy. i'm not a beach person (i know plenty that are) and i always say go get 'em melanoma.

might as well call florida cuba2.

by the way if you wanna catch walleye you have to anchor off the west side of sandusky bay where there is a freshwater stream that the current feeds from the north. you can sit on the back side of margaritaville , cast and pull one up within 5 mins.

and the further away from cleveland (or any big city) you can find gems in realty. we're currently looking at places like bellevue and even port clinton. 70's -110k 2 story 3 bd 2 bath acre of land. 2 car garage with finished office upstairs....minutes from the water.

that's where i'm going.

Uhm, Sandy only hit tangentially there. With global warming and hurricanes getting ever stronger you are likely to get hit with a hurricane where you won't have a house left.

And those two drunk chicks will end up categorized as something else: Floaters.

LOL, spoken from a dude who lives in Wadsworth. The only thing good to come out of that shit hole Gip is Angie Everhart. Classic.

;) Cambridge...

315 a YEAR? Ours are about 4 times that...for a half. Sounds like a great place to retire.

dammit.

Good luck with the Walleye...bout six years ago maybe, we had our bayliner cabin cruiser up at the islands area, docked

at Port Clinton, and even the experts we watched with binoculars couldn't catch a thing.

and the lake gets rough in beautiful weather. Very weird.

Sold the old boat. It was fun though.

I've never regretted not staying in. Just wasn't interested. I could have been in OSI, that would have been cool maybe,

but I was proud to go in, and proud to get back out. SAC had too many people in it that wouldn't be able to do well in civilian life.....

and I am just too contrary to take orders for more than my four years.......;)

Thank you for your service.

600full-sandra-hubby.jpg

LOL, spoken from a dude who lives in Wadsworth. The only thing good to come out of that shit hole Gip is Angie Everhart. Classic.

Isn't that enough? Scott Fletcher, who was George W. Bush's favorite ballplayer came from Wadsworth. So was the wife of John D. Rockefeller. And Andy Sonnanstine, pitcher for the Tampa Bay Rays, and Drew Pearson...songwriter for Katy Perry. And Astronaut Michael Foreman, who commanded flights of both The Endeavor, and The Atlantis Space Shuttles.

But, I am originally from Norton, not Wadsworth. Famous people from Norton include Frank Seiberling, founder of the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company.

And...oh yea...Sandra Hubby, March 2004 Playmate of the Month: see above.

And here is the thing: If you think a place is a shithole, it is not because the place is a shithole, it is because you are a miserable, narrow minded person. I might leave here someday because I am getting to the point where I don't want to walk around on ice nor have to shovel snow...but that doesn't mean whereever I end up will be any better, just different.

And where you live isn't any better, just different.

I have been to the Outer Banks, and they are fine....but no better than 1000 other places I have been in this country. Just different.

Archived