THE BROWNS BOARD

Just Getting Into The Nfl...

Hellfirehound

Hey all,

I decided today to get into the NFL, and chose the Browns as my team of choice.

I got fed up of watching soccer, and my brother is a Redskins fan (go easy on him, he can't help it)

Anyway just thought I'd show my face and say hello. I'm still not totally up on the rules of Fottball but i'll be good by the time the season starts.

Oh, and hello from Scotland!

Hellfirehound

Hey all,

I got fed up of watching soccer, and my brother is a Redskins fan (go easy on him, he can't help it)

Anyway just thought I'd show my face and say hello. I'm still not totally up on the rules of Fottball but i'll be good by the time the season starts.

Hellfirehound

So you are sick of soccer and you chose the Browns from all the way in Scotland?

I got your back from now on, HellFire.

We have another Great Scot in the house, as well several hardcore UK blokes.

Here are the rules of football:

1. Steelers Suck.

Everything else you should easily pick up from there.

Zombo

--and tell your brother that RG3 will be in a walking cast by the time Trent is winning his third NFL MVP.

Hey all,

Hellfirehound

Welcome from Planet Earth where Football (not futbol) is king. You may want to look up member Kmac who is also from Scotland. Where in Scotland are you? You may be neighbors.

Lol thanks guys,

Yeah Soccer is a bit of a wimps game. One tap on the ankle and they sure ham it up.

I don't know why I chose the Browns, I'm sure I'll have a change of heart once my medication wears off....

Thanks for the welcome, gotta get back to the rules....

Cheers

HFH

Anyway just thought I'd show my face and say hello. I'm still not totally up on the rules of Fottball but i'll be good by the time the season

Dude, get with Keith and learn. He has a wealth of knowledge.

When your number is called and you have the guts to make a pilgrimage to a game in Cleveland, ride Keith's coattails.

HOWEVER, once here don't get in his way. The guy is a legend at Flannery's, The Tilted Kilt, The Hard Rock Cafe, and other places. Keep your distance, watch him work the ladies, and learn from the Master.

When your number is called and you have the guts to make a pilgrimage to a game in Cleveland, ride Keith's coattails.

HOWEVER, once here don't get in his way. The guy is a legend at Flannery's, The Tilted Kilt, The Hard Rock Cafe, and other places. Keep your distance, watch him work the ladies, and learn from the Master.

And if you feel the compunction to turn the tables on Edward Longshanks and become The Hammer of the Brits, we will likely have a couple available for your pleasure.

Well maybe blowing my trumpet a bit much there Ed, but hey I do try my best when over, wouldnt go to the Master definition quite yet, still plenty to learn, have to survive a Summer drinking Margarita's with Stan & Kathy

That now means the Scots have equal numbers against the English - we may be all Brits to our American cousins but me and G might get a little uneasy at two difficult accents to decipher behind the noise of the Tilted Kilt. ;)

Well Hellfire, welcome - you made the right team choice - we are going to win the Superbowl next season so timing is spot on. Kamac19 is indeed a legend and has repped Scotland extremely well over in CLE - one more for the tartan army would be fun!

I'll tell the winking lizard to deep fry one more Mars Bar for when you decide to visit!

GO BROWNS!

BTW - if you want some advice on Browns History books to read let me know - I have reads dozens.

Hey all,

Hellfirehound

Dear God, you're going to root for the Browns on purpose? In 2013? You might be bloody crazy!

Haha - in all seriousness, this may be a good year to start watching us.

Guest 88fingerslewy

Hey all,

Hellfirehound

My family's from the Argyll. Campbelltown and Southend (Mull of Kintyre). Johnston and Campbell clan (yes the same Campbells at the Glencoe massacre. Never gonna live that one down) Welcome Hellfirehound.

Archived