THE BROWNS BOARD

Mike Wallace Rumors Continue

The Gipper

There is still much speculation that the Browns are heavily interested in WR Mike Wallace:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/12/3979916/mike-wallace-rumors-browns-interested

As I see it, if Wallace were to come here it would only be as one WR among equals with Josh Gordon and Greg Little.

Yes, he is older and has more experience and a resume, but that does not mean he will be A#1 wideout on the Browns if he were here. Would he be an upgrade over MoMass? Sure. But that doesn't take much.

Should he get the massive money contract he thinks he should get? THAT, to me, is the sticking point.

Wallace did best when he was a member of a WR corps of equals with Hines Ward and Antonio Brown. That is what he could/should be here. Another cog, not the main spoke.

To me, the intriguing thing about Wallace is that defenses will game plan solely for that guy. He would undoubtedly get Gordan and Little more open looks in the passing game. Frankly if he wants 7-8 mil a year I would love the signing. As long as he's not wanting a Johnson esque deal he'd definitely make the offense a lot better.

For the millionth time, pass. He can't run routes and takes off plays. He's a diva who is a below average receiver with above average speed. Period.

There is nothing he can teach our young receivers. Breaston however learned from Larry Fitzgerald and can be a productive slot man. I want him instead.

To me, the intriguing thing about Wallace is that defenses will game plan solely for that guy. He would undoubtedly get Gordan and Little more open looks in the passing game. Frankly if he wants 7-8 mil a year I would love the signing. As long as he's not wanting a Johnson esque deal he'd definitely make the offense a lot better.

Didn't Wallace tell the stoolers no on $7 million?

Didn't Wallace tell the stoolers no on $7 million?

He did, and got totally owned by the Steelers organization. I could be wrong but I think when guys like Wallace or Mojo get totally dominate by team owners it humbles them a little. I could be wrong but only time will tell.

I think a few guys from this list the Browns should target include the safeties Dodson from SF and Moore from ATL, plus CBs Sean Smith from MIA, Chris Houston of DET, and Keenan Lewis of PIT.

Could Lewis be decent as this teams "other" CB opposite Haden? Taking him away from Pitt. also could weaken them, which is always good.

If we bring Wallace here I much rather we put him and bejamin on the perimeter...bookend speed kills.

Archived