THE BROWNS BOARD

Hey Heck

You live out there in Cali for nie aye right?

And I'm assuming you drink good beer, no?

Have you tried anything from Lagunitas?

They have a really good seasonal IPA right now called Lagunitas sucks.

A comical name taken from some emails be reaming them for discontinuing another of their seasonal beers.

Their Regular IPA is good too.

Wss

Yeah, there stuff is around. You see it more in the northern part of the state. I've had their pale ale and IPA. My local watering hole features a rotating selection of great beers.

Check out the Anderson Valley Brewing Company beers if you can, though I think I detected a small change in quality once they went a little wider.

If anybody ever makes their way to the Ricky (the capital of Virginia) pick up any of the current seasonals offered from Legend Brewing in addition to a their classic Legend Brown Ale. In addition to some IPAs, Lagers, etc., they really shine in their seasonals.

Nov-January: Winter White

Feb-April(mid May): Maibock

Summer: Hefeweisen

Fall: Oktoberfest

I also love Bells Hopslam, 2-Hearted, & Oberon, Epic Brewing's "Brainless Belgian Ale", Dogfish Raison D'Etre (with homemade chili), Snoqualmie Falls Brewing's "Avalanche Winter Ale" all of which are kind of limited release (other than the Epic & Dogfish).

Charlottesville area (wintergreen ski resort) has a really good brewery named Devils Backbone that makes some quality beers too.

Don't sleep on the Commonwealth.

I drink a lot of Bell's Oberon when I'm up in Michigan in the summer. Good stuff. Don't love the Two-Hearted though.

Ahhh to each his own my brother.

When in Michigan visit Dragonmeade Royal Oak Brewing Company and the Black Lotus.

Sounds like you might not be a hop head but here in Northeast Ohio White Rajah from the Brew Kettle, Add headhunter from fat heads are both great!

Wss

Legacy do you live down south? I thought you were in Cleveland.

We stopped in to Richmond when we were doing a brewery tour.

Capital Ale House is a great place, though not really a brewery.

WSS

Yeah man, born & raised. I wrote a blog piece following the "A Football Life: Cleveland '95" NFL Network special last fall about my ties to the Browns for a site of some Browns guys I follow on the twitter machine.

Anywhoo, Capital is a great establishment.

Next time you come down, check out Legend, and Hardywood (only like 2-3 yrs old). Great offerings. I've got a college buddy thats picking up some steam in the craft circuit down in Charlotte, NC. "Triple C Brewing." Good offerings there too - check them out if you're in the neighborhood.

Vapor The first time I had Lagunitas was in Dayton at Bostons many many years ago.

Their basic IPA is a good IPA but some of their newer ones are spectacular.

Legacy it seems like Richmond was where we found the Hops microbrew.

They had 6 offerings, actually only 3 dark, brown and light and for the other 3 were just mixtures of those.

Also the decor add the bar staff were lame.

On the other hand we found a pub called penny lane which was pretty cool.

WSS

Archived