THE BROWNS BOARD

Steelers Release Harrison

hypocycloids

Browns killer James Harrison cut by the Steelers.

Jack Lambert

Greg LLoyd

Joey Porter

James Harrison

What was between Lambert and LLoyd?...the 1980's.

The Steelers have always had that bad ass/controversial linebacker...except for the 80's. They of course were mediocre that decade.

Are they headed that way again? Don't see that type of LB on their team right now.

You think the Browns should go after Harrison?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't like him on our team. Too much bad blood between us. I'm just glad that he's gone.

I'll give it 16 months before this Roid freak is in the News for killing his boy friend, getting crushed by an oak tree, or last seen wandering a park in Pennsylvania weighing 145 lbs, homeless, and dying of aides.

Any team can have themselves a few era's of "bad ass/controversial linebackers" ... just add the latest experimental performance enhancement drug cooked up in an Allegheny County Lab, and deal with your ex-players dropping dead by age 55.

Freaking dirty ass franchise ...

Another example of a decaying Steelers team . There in denial its our Job to let them know that the word rebuild is in there future . I see nothing but,The steelers having an even worse record this season .

better call the animal control officer. time to put the silverback back in the zoo.

don't have to worry about him going broke because his arms and hands can't reach his pockets.

that was hilarious!

Ok, great, the Steelers are falling from power.

Now shame on us if we can't start to move up in this division

Shhhh,dont tell Vagi-Tard!!

Apparently he said and I quote, "Coming to play for Cleveland would be like coming home."

Well it would be like coming home for him since he has roots here. However I don't see us signing him at his age and for the money he wants. The Steelers wanted to keep him but wanted him to take a 30% (I believe) pay cut. He wasn't willing to do it. I wouldn't think that a team would be willing to pay him what he wants. My guess is a will end up back with the Steelers or be playing elsewhere for a discount. It is unlikely but I wouldn't rule out Cleveland since he may be willing to offer a hometown discount and get to square off against the Steelers twice a year.

He would have made $6.57 million this year from the Steelers.

It would be funny if Harrison ended up on the Browns... You guys would be pouring out so much love for this hometown boy, well until he winds up not showing up as expected on Sundays. I think it's a great move by the Steelers. We have been hanging onto some players well past their primes (and at far to great an expense). Harrison wasn't worth what his contract was going to pay him. The bad part of the deal is, well, we don't have anybody currently on our roster who was better than Harrison.

Browns killer James Harrison cut by the Steelers.

Jack Lambert

Greg LLoyd

Joey Porter

James Harrison

What was between Lambert and LLoyd?...the 1980's.

The Steelers have always had that bad ass/controversial linebacker...except for the 80's. They of course were mediocre that decade.

Are they headed that way again? Don't see that type of LB on their team right now.

You think the Browns should go after Harrison?

Isn't Worlds (or something like that) supposed to be his replacement? No confidence there?

And, no, no reason for the Browns to go after him because: a. He is 35 years old and over the hill, and B. he was a system player. He owed his success to being the right fit in LeBeau's system. Without that system and LeBeau's coaching he would have been what he was before he entered it: average at best.

Apparently he said and I quote, "Coming to play for Cleveland would be like coming home."

Well, it would be. He is from Akron, went to Coventry HS and Kent St.

I have no particular objection to signing him except for the fact that he is probably over the hill and would not likely perform up to par.

Well, it would be. He is from Akron, went to Coventry HS and Kent St.

I have no particular objection to signing him except for the fact that he is probably over the hill and would not likely perform up to par.

Agreed. We're a young team trying to stay relatively young. No need to sign a Retarded ass hole who is an old timer in the NFL sense.

I'll give it 16 months before this Roid freak is in the News for killing his boy friend, getting crushed by an oak tree, or last seen wandering a park in Pennsylvania weighing 145 lbs, homeless, and dying of aides.

Any team can have themselves a few era's of "bad ass/controversial linebackers" ... just add the latest experimental performance enhancement drug cooked up in an Allegheny County Lab, and deal with your ex-players dropping dead by age 55.

Freaking dirty ass franchise ...

But it was OK for Jim Brown to be HAZED on Marajuana and be charged at least 4 times for "woman beating"?

SPORTS PEOPLE; Jim Brown Arrested

Published: August 23, 1986

Jim Brown, the Pro Football Hall of Fame running back, was arrested in Los Angeles again early yesterday, this time for investigation of spousal battery, a felony. Brown, 50 years old, who last played football for the Cleveland Browns in 1965 and then began a movie career, was released on $5,000 bail three hours after his arrest at 5:15 A.M. in an incident involving Debra Clark, his 22-year-old fiancee.

The police said that Miss Clark, who was treated for a bruise under one eye and another on her side, had called them from a locked bedroom in Brown's home, then left the house, armed with a .45 caliber pistol, and met police outside. She told them, the police said, that she and Brown had argued after several houseguests had gone to bed after 3 A.M., and that Brown had beaten her. Brown has faced similar assault charges three times before in Los Angeles.

AND

Kenny Wright a fine upstanding Brown

0843221625_Kenneth-Dewayne-Wright.jpg

AND

Kiante Tripp was arrested in College Park. The Atlanta native and two others are accused of threatening people inside an apartment on Herschel Road, and then ransacking the place.

18942942_BG1.jpg

But it was OK for Jim Brown to be HAZED on Marajuana and be charged at least 4 times for "woman beating"?

SPORTS PEOPLE; Jim Brown Arrested

Published: August 23, 1986

Jim Brown, the Pro Football Hall of Fame running back, was arrested in Los Angeles again early yesterday, this time for investigation of spousal battery, a felony. Brown, 50 years old, who last played football for the Cleveland Browns in 1965 and then began a movie career, was released on $5,000 bail three hours after his arrest at 5:15 A.M. in an incident involving Debra Clark, his 22-year-old fiancee.

The police said that Miss Clark, who was treated for a bruise under one eye and another on her side, had called them from a locked bedroom in Brown's home, then left the house, armed with a .45 caliber pistol, and met police outside. She told them, the police said, that she and Brown had argued after several houseguests had gone to bed after 3 A.M., and that Brown had beaten her. Brown has faced similar assault charges three times before in Los Angeles.

AND

Kenny Wright a fine upstanding Brown

0843221625_Kenneth-Dewayne-Wright.jpg

AND

Kiante Tripp was arrested in College Park. The Atlanta native and two others are accused of threatening people inside an apartment on Herschel Road, and then ransacking the place.

18942942_BG1.jpg

This is the funniest post I've ever seen.

Jim Brown played in the 50's and 60's most people on this board weren't alive then.

Kenny Wright? Kiante Tripp?

Who are these people?? (after googling, I see that Tripp is camp fodder and Wright played a coupe downs with us at the end of his career after spending it elsewhere) Are you digging in the trash for guys who have at one time been associated with the Browns committed a crime?

Dude ... your starting QB is a rapist!

This is the funniest post I've ever seen.

Jim Brown played in the 50's and 60's most people on this board weren't alive then.

Kenny Wright? Kiante Tripp?

Who are these people?? (after googling, I see that Tripp is camp fodder and Wright played a coupe downs with us at the end of his career after spending it elsewhere) Are you digging in the trash for guys who have at one time been associated with the Browns committed a crime?

Dude ... your starting QB is a rapist!

I mean really Zombo is right. You could do soooo much better than that if you put some effort into your post. Just a little. Ok so just off the top of my head. Kevin Mack, Donte Stallworth, Shaun Rogers, William Greene, Jamal Lewis, Jim Brown. Those are names that just jump into my mind immediately. Cmon Man!

Isn't Worlds (or something like that) supposed to be his replacement? No confidence there?

Jason Worilds is Harrison's replacement and heir apparent. Even a broken down, decrepit James Harrison can still outplay him. The Steelers have not drafted well and are deficent at many positions (Running Back, Inside Linebacker, Outside Linebacker, and to a degree Safety/Wide Reciever). That's alot of needs to address with the draft and be a contender this season. They don't have the cash to infuse free-agents/let alone retain players that are leaving via free agency. This is the first year since Ben was drafted that I don't see the Steelers making the play-offs.

Jason Worilds is Harrison's replacement and heir apparent. Even a broken down, decrepit James Harrison can still outplay him. The Steelers have not drafted well and are deficent at many positions (Running Back, Inside Linebacker, Outside Linebacker, and to a degree Safety/Wide Reciever). That's alot of needs to address with the draft and be a contender this season. They don't have the cash to infuse free-agents/let alone retain players that are leaving via free agency. This is the first year since Ben was drafted that I don't see the Steelers making the play-offs.

Uhm, they didn't make the playoffs last year, or in 2009, or in 2006. (both years coming after SB wins).

Or do you mean this is the first year since BR was there that you don't "predict" that they will make the playoffs?

I have to agree. Obviously the Ravens have surpassed them...and the Bengals. (after all, the Kitties made the playoffs. And I think the Browns could easily be on a par. Perhaps the only advantage the Steelers have is the experience of their QB. Hell, the Browns might sign one of your prime receivers and CBs (Wallace and Lewis), and correct me if I am wrong, but those two are not part of the over the hill gang that Harrison and a few others belong to.

Worilds can get after the QB just fine, but folds like a chair against the run. Thats why they wanted to retain harrison.

Id take him for a test drive.....i couldnt care less he knocked out a few browns in his day.

Here's the problem with predicting the Steelers demise.

Review the receivers they lost over the years. Swann, Lipps, Thigpen, Burress, Homes....now Wallace they just replace them

Review the running backs, Foster, Morris, Bettis... now Mendenhall..... they replace them

Review the Linebackers, Lambert, Nickerson, Lloyd, Porter, now Harrison, they replace them,

So let's do it again. Let's laugh as they move on.

As we prepare for our great draft (again, and again) they will just keep replacing.

Archived