THE BROWNS BOARD

Jarvis Jones Might Be The Browns' Pick Now?

calfoxwc

From Rotoworld.com:

Report: Jarvis Jones' neck now a 'non-issue'

The National Football Post says Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones' neck injury is "starting to look like it might be a non-issue on draft day," and "there is little chance he falls out of the top ten."

Independent orthopedist Craig Brigham refutes the notion that Jones ever even had a significant spinal cord contusion, and concluded that Jones either had a mild case of spinal cord concussion or just simply a neck stinger that has long since resolved. "Jarvis is cleared to play without restriction," said Brigham. After receiving good news on his neck at the Combine, Jones may not be in for such a dramatic tumble down boards on draft day as was initially thought.

Source: National Football PostMar 10 - 9:30 AM

yes. if he's still there. probably the best LB in the draft.

BUT i also would like to think that this FO would consider any deal that will get us some more picks to be able to move up to the second, if possible.

yes. if he's still there. probably the best LB in the draft.

BUT i also would like to think that this FO would consider any deal that will get us some more picks to be able to move up to the second, if possible.

this plus a million!!!

I'd rather get our pass rusher in the draft. It's a cornerstone position and you prefer to build those the old fashioned way. To me, if Jarvis Jones made it to 6, it's as close to a no-brainer as humanly possible. Second best, he pushes Dion Jordan to us. Special players, explosive and disruptive.

Give me Ellerbe, Desmond Bryant, and Lewis or Cason... then draft Jarvis Jones. Yikes.

I like D.Jordan a little better still, but I'd be happy with him or Jones at #6. I think it's obvious one of these guys will be the pick.

The thing about Jordan, is that while he put up good numbers, he rushed more than any other rusher in the draft. He actually has the lowest pressure per rush than anyone with a first round grade.

If both are there at 6, I would prefer Jones over Jordan, but I'm not picking (nor am I qualified to pick). I'll just wait to see what happens.

Mike

From Rotoworld.com:

Report: Jarvis Jones' neck now a 'non-issue'

The National Football Post says Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones' neck injury is "starting to look like it might be a non-issue on draft day," and "there is little chance he falls out of the top ten."

Independent orthopedist Craig Brigham refutes the notion that Jones ever even had a significant spinal cord contusion, and concluded that Jones either had a mild case of spinal cord concussion or just simply a neck stinger that has long since resolved. "Jarvis is cleared to play without restriction," said Brigham. After receiving good news on his neck at the Combine, Jones may not be in for such a dramatic tumble down boards on draft day as was initially thought.

Source: National Football PostMar 10 - 9:30 AM

He was cleared two times before this, I'm not even sure why they're reporting it again.

Jones played OLB in Grantham's 3-4 at GA. We all know Granthams 3-4 he ran it here under Crennel. Jones also dropped back in pass coverage and is a prototypical OLB in a 3-4. I said all along if we change to a 3-4 he was the guy. I would be happy with him or Milliner hopefully one of them is still there at 6 and Dumbtardi doesn't fuck it up! If they are both gone Damontre Moore would be my next choice.

Jones played OLB in Grantham's 3-4 at GA. We all know Granthams 3-4 he ran it here under Crennel. Jones also dropped back in pass coverage and is a prototypical OLB in a 3-4. I said all along if we change to a 3-4 he was the guy. I would be happy with him or Milliner hopefully one of them is still there at 6 and Dumbtardi doesn't fuck it up! If they are both gone Damontre Moore would be my next choice.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

take him if hes there.

I have a feeling the Browns draft will be

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE offense DEFENSE offense

3-4 defensive (CB DE S LB) guys AND 3 offensive (WR OL QB maybe)

I have a feeling that their draft will be QB (or trade back then QB), Then BPA the rest of the way out.

They have been saying for months that they are sold on Weeden, and then they come out in FA and attempt to fill each and every glaring weakness except QB. Unless they bring in a qb prior to the draft it will be QB with their first pick (whenever they pick). I think Buffalo has their eye on the kid from Florida State, and maybe some other teams do too. We shall see.

I have a feeling that their draft will be QB (or trade back then QB), Then BPA the rest of the way out.

They have been saying for months that they are sold on Weeden, and then they come out in FA and attempt to fill each and every glaring weakness except QB. Unless they bring in a qb prior to the draft it will be QB with their first pick (whenever they pick). I think Buffalo has their eye on the kid from Florida State, and maybe some other teams do too. We shall see.

We have high ranking reps at Smith's pro day, and he put on a show. His strengths align more or less with our philosophy. His arm isn't as strong as Weeden's but his strength lies in his intermediate accuracy and touch, plus he's more mobile. He's more of a mid-to-long pass guy than a short-to-mid.

Archived