THE BROWNS BOARD

More In And Out Of The Picture

The Gipper

Here are some more situations about players that may be in or out of the picture:

OUT OF THE PICTURE:

Jets LB Josh Mauga, resigned

Bills CB Leodis McKelvin, resigned

Cards QB Brian Hoyer, tender offered

Giants WR Victor Cruz, tender offered

Texans TE Phillip Supernaw, signed

Broncos S David Bruton, signed

IN THE PICTURE:

Cards WR Early Doucet, waived

Redskins CB DeAngelo Hall, released

Broncos LB DJ Williams, released

Broncos QB Caleb Hanie, released

Cowboys LB Dan Connor, released (wasn't he Roseanne's husband, played by John Goodman?)

Cards RB Beanie Wells and Fozzy Whitaker, both released.

Should the Browns have any interest in any of these players that have been released?

Doucet as a replacement for MoMass? There are cornerbacks and LBs there...which the Browns need. Could any of these help? Have any of these retired a la Chris Gamble?

DJ Williams has the potential to be a really great player, but he can't keep his head on straight. I would expect him to sign with the Patriots or Bengals and have a great next couple of seasons.

Beanie Wells also has the potential, but has had a terrible career for the most part. If he could stay healthy, he'd be a solid backup. But we have Montario Hardesty, who can be more than capable when called upon.

DJ Williams has the potential to be a really great player, but he can't keep his head on straight. I would expect him to sign with the Patriots or Bengals and have a great next couple of seasons.

Beanie Wells also has the potential, but has had a terrible career for the most part. If he could stay healthy, he'd be a solid backup. But we have Montario Hardesty, who can be more than capable when called upon.

Maybe if Beanie "came home" he could contribute. He went to (Akron) Garfield HS.

Maybe the Browns can pick up all the old home boys:

Beanie Wells (Akron) RB

James Harrison(Coventry) LB

Is Antoine Winfield a FA(also Akron Garfield.) CB

Aqib Talib (born in Cleveland) CB

Ted Ginn, Glenville WR/KR

Brian Hoyer, St. Ignatius QB

Nate Clements, Shaker Hts

Rob Sims, Nordonia OG

Rodger Saffold, Bedford

Haruki Nakamura, Elyria S

Scott Mruczkowski, Garfield Hts. OG/C

Michael McGlynn, Austintown Fitch

Kevin Houser, Westlake Long Snapper

David Herron, Warren LB

London Fletcher, St. Joe's LB

Barry Cofield, Cleveland Hts. DT

Prescott Burgess, Warren G. Harding LB/ST

Alex Boone, St. Eds OG

You could put together a whole team of local talent perhaps.

WHAT?! OMG, like what's wrong with you?... it's like somebody spilled your dna while you were being evolved and reassembled you into a female hygienic cleaning product...

WHAT?! OMG, like what's wrong with you?... it's like somebody spilled your dna while you were being evolved and reassembled you into a female hygienic cleaning product...

How about actually explaining your reasons for criticizing his post instead of giving some silly cryptic response.

You apparently disagree that DJ Williams and Beanie Wells would have potential value to the Browns. Explain why. Because I sure don't know what his pros are or what your cons are.

Maybe if Beanie "came home" he could contribute. He went to (Akron) Garfield HS.

Maybe the Browns can pick up all the old home boys:

Beanie Wells (Akron) RB

James Harrison(Coventry) LB

Is Antoine Winfield a FA(also Akron Garfield.) CB

Aqib Talib (born in Cleveland) CB

Ted Ginn, Glenville WR/KR

Brian Hoyer, St. Ignatius QB

Nate Clements, Shaker Hts

Rob Sims, Nordonia OG

Rodger Saffold, Bedford

Haruki Nakamura, Elyria S

Scott Mruczkowski, Garfield Hts. OG/C

Michael McGlynn, Austintown Fitch

Kevin Houser, Westlake Long Snapper

David Herron, Warren LB

London Fletcher, St. Joe's LB

Barry Cofield, Cleveland Hts. DT

Prescott Burgess, Warren G. Harding LB/ST

Alex Boone, St. Eds OG

You could put together a whole team of local talent perhaps.

Antoine Winfield was released 10 minutes ago.

I would not mind adding the first five from that list at all.

As of this morning, March 18 here is a list of players who have been added 'in the picture" over the last several days:

QB Kevin Kolb

S Tom Zbikowski

WR Brandon Lloyd

S Ben Pollard

WR Ben Obomanu

DE Elvis Dumerville

LB Quincy Black

S Kerry Rhodes

TE Kellen Davis

What interest is there in acquiring any of these players at various position of need for the Browns?

As of this morning, March 18 here is a list of players who have been added 'in the picture" over the last several days:

QB Kevin Kolb

S Tom Zbikowski

WR Brandon Lloyd

S Ben Pollard

WR Ben Obomanu

DE Elvis Dumerville

LB Quincy Black

S Kerry Rhodes

TE Kellen Davis

What interest is there in acquiring any of these players at various position of need for the Browns?

I'm interested in Kolb. Pollard plays same position as Ward. Dumerville is probably not going to be signed with Sheard and Kruger on board. Lukewarm, or do know enough to speak ofthe rest. No to Brandon Lloyd.

Zombo

Per CBSports.com's Top 100 Free agent rankings, here are the best players that were/are free agents and their disposition:

QB Joe Flacco, resigned with Ravens prior to FA period beginning.

...NO other QB was listed in Top 100, though this list was made prior to the Fitzpatrick release

RB Steven Jackson signed with the Falcons

WR Dwayne Bowe, resigned with KC prior to FA period beginning

...top WR to hit market: Mike Wallace, signe by Dolphins

TE Jared Cook, signed by Rams

OT Ryan Clady, resigned with Broncos before FA period began

...top OT to hit market: Sebastian Vollmer, and he is still unsigned

OG Andy Levitre, signed by Titans

C no centers were ranked in CBS top 100

DE Cliff Avril signed by Seahawks

...note: list prior to Dumerville release

DT Henry Melton, resigned by Bear priot to FA period beginning

...top DT to hit market: Desmond Bryant signed by Browns

OLB Paul Kruger, signed by Browns

ILB Dannell Ellerbe, signed by Dolphins

S Jarius Byrd, resigned by Bill prior to FA beginning

...top S to hit market: Dashon Goldson, signed by Tampa Bay

CB Sean Smith signed by KC

...note: other lists had Grimes top, but injury situation made him a question mark.

As mentioned, if Browns get Grimes, they could get perhaps top FA at 3 positions.

Why would the Colts release him if he is so good? I didn't hear that they had a cap space problem.

ditto that about Vollmer- he made the Pro Bowl @ RT. Bill B rarely makes mistakes, so he must know something we don't. Then again he thought an average of 120 receptions and 1,400 yards receiving over the last two years wasn't worth $6 million a year either. :/

ditto that about Vollmer- he made the Pro Bowl @ RT. Bill B rarely makes mistakes, so he must know something we don't. Then again he thought an average of 120 receptions and 1,400 yards receiving over the last two years wasn't worth $6 million a year either. :/

I don't know Vollmer's age, but perhaps he, like Welker, was a little older and BB, as he often does gets rid of guys perhaps one year early rather than one year late.

Cruz is still a year away from unrestricted free agency so they don’t have to give him a mega-contract at the moment. They can buy time — as the $2.879 million tender did — until they have a better idea what his market value really is.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/vacchiano-tendering-cruz-article-1.1290695#ixzz2NvGKI2Wk

The giants have been walking a fine line with Cruz way to long and need to be called on the " Your so happy in Ny the greatest city on the planet Line " While paying him somewhere around 330,000 $ Next year he will demand 12 Mill and the giants are going to pull a Mike Wallace and smash his reputation in the media . Cruz deserves a Chance to be Someones # 1 and the NY talking heads are cuddling the fact , The only thing holding him there is the fear of the NY media .

Cleveland need to at least sweeten the deal for him so this travesty doesn't play out in the form of Wallace to Miami after a media circus . Im sure Miami would have given up the Ryan Tannenhill pick for Wallace at 4.5 mill last year . A lesson Cleveland should look at , as a positive not a loss .

Cruz is still a year away from unrestricted free agency so they don’t have to give him a mega-contract at the moment. They can buy time — as the $2.879 million tender did — until they have a better idea what his market value really is.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/vacchiano-tendering-cruz-article-1.1290695#ixzz2NvGKI2Wk

The giants have been walking a fine line with Cruz way to long and need to be called on the " Your so happy in Ny the greatest city on the planet Line " While paying him somewhere around 330,000 $ Next year he will demand 12 Mill and the giants are going to pull a Mike Wallace and smash his reputation in the media . Cruz deserves a Chance to be Someones # 1 and the NY talking heads are cuddling the fact , The only thing holding him there is the fear of the NY media .

Cleveland need to at least sweeten the deal for him so this travesty doesn't play out in the form of Wallace to Miami after a media circus . Im sure Miami would have given up the Ryan Tannenhill pick for Wallace at 4.5 mill last year . A lesson Cleveland should look at , as a positive not a loss .

So NY won't pay him $12 million next year but Cleveland should give him that kind of money, and ship the #6 pick to the Giants on top of it? Instant Cap Hell. Welker only got $6 million. No thanks. I like what we have in Gordon and Little.

Moves yesterday involving players at positions of Browns needs, these guys are now "Out of the Picture" for the Browns:

TE Matt Spaeth signed by Steelers

LB Antwan Barnes signed by Jets

TE Ben Watson signed by Saints

LB Ramon Humber signed by Saints

CB Cassius Vaughn resigned by Colts

LB Rey Maualaga resigned by Bengals.

DE Marcus spears signed by Ravens

P Sav Rocca signed by Redskins

TE Tom Crabtree signed by Bucs

LB Kevin Burnett signed by Raiders

TE Ben Hartsock signed by Panthers

DB Craig Dahl signed by 49ers

K Nick Folk signed by Jets

LB Rob Francois signed by Packers

You first

I am growing old, I am growing out, I am growing grey. At this point I may even be retracting in my growth.

11When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 1

Really, really loved the Browns first two moves. Really, really hate that they've missed out on all those affordable corners and now it's down to paying more for a potentially terrific CB who's gonna be 30 and coming off a torn achilles. Could work out... could make us yearn for Keenan Lewis.

I figured we should focus on D and RG because it's gonna be tough to get f/a passcatchers to come here until we have a settled and productive QB sitch.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the signings, I think the biggest factor will be Horton and not the free agents we signed.

Quinton Groves was on the radio today and the way these guys talk about Horton and his D makes it sound like he is Bill Walsh reincarnated as a defensive guy. Can't wait for the new season should be exciting.

I wish we would of signed Sean Smith the corner who went to KC,hopefully we can land Grimes.

Yeah, there were so many young, legit, starting "second corners" on the market, even more than usual and it's always a popular position. Shit, remember Carlos Rogers dangling out there until May... but then making the Pro Bowl? They're falling off trees but we never seem to catch one.

I thought we'd jump on Kruger and Keenan Lewis right away.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the signings, I think the biggest factor will be Horton and not the free agents we signed.

Quinton Groves was on the radio today and the way these guys talk about Horton and his D makes it sound like he is Bill Walsh reincarnated as a defensive guy. Can't wait for the new season should be exciting.

I would say our signings have been "smart". I dont want to use the rome wasn't built in a day bit, because we've heard it all before. But if you look at how Banner was part of assembling the eagles it was calculated smart moves. He assembled a football team you didnt hear of the eagles in cap hell.

Really, really loved the Browns first two moves. Really, really hate that they've missed out on all those affordable corners and now it's down to paying more for a potentially terrific CB who's gonna be 30 and coming off a torn achilles. Could work out... could make us yearn for Keenan Lewis.

I figured we should focus on D and RG because it's gonna be tough to get f/a passcatchers to come here until we have a settled and productive QB sitch.

Well, in my other thread Scouts Inc. listed 5 CBs as being their equally rated #1 grade. And four of those remain unsigned. Grimes, Jammer, Gamble....and another. So, if you go by them, the best are still out there. (but yes, they may in fact be "older" guys. Gamble says he is retiring...so did Tony Gonzales. No one is retired until you get about into the middle of the regular season and a guy does not come back)

Archived