THE BROWNS BOARD

Per Espn/scouts Inc.

The Gipper

Per ESPN and Scouts Inc. these are the best players still available at positions of need for the Browns. As I understand it Scouts Inc. gives every NFL player a grade from like 0-100 (though I doubt anyone with a zero grade would actually be in the NFL). Here is their list of what is still out there. I will list position, name, Score and score rank at that position:

OG: Brandon Moore 81 score #1 rank (even above Andy Levitre

CB: Chris Gamble 79 #1 tied

CB: Brent Grimes 79 #1

CB: DeAngelo Hall 79 #1

CB: Quentin Jammer 79 #1

LB: Karlos Dansby 83 #1 tied

LB: Dwight Freeney 83 #1

WR: Brandon Lloyd 78 #6

WR: Laurent Robinson 77 #7

S: Ed Reed 84 #1

S: Quinten Mikell 79 #3 tied

S: Charles Woodson 79 #3

TE: Fred Davis 79 #2 (Gonzales #1)

QB: Kevin Kolb 67 #5

QB: Jason Campbell 66 #6

By the way, they gave Kruger only a 75 score which ranked him 18th among FA LBs...also at the DT position they gave Desmond Bryant only a 62 score ranking him the 27th best among FA DTs. Quentin Groves wasn't even listed in the top 50 LBs. They had Fujita and Maiava ranked higher. But others, including ESPN's Bill Polian had Kruger and Bryant as the best FA LB and DT available in FA. So, who do we believe?

And according to Scouts Inc. the very best FA available at several positions have not been signed. #1 FAs still unsigned:

#1 Safety: Ed Reed

#1 DT/Nose tackle: Casey Hampton

#1 LBs: Freeney and Dansby

#1 CBs: Grimes/Gamble/Hall/Jammer

#1 OG: Brandon Moore

#1 Center: Todd McClure

#1 Kicker: Phil Dawson

Does it say when these rankings were last updated? Not sure, but I think it was before last season started. That certainly explains a couple of the questionable rankings, like Fujita over Kruger.

It didn't go back that far. I believe the rankings were issued at least since the end of the season, after the Super Bowl. I don't think Fujita was listed over Kruger, but he was listed over Groves.

Archived