THE BROWNS BOARD

10 Years In Iraq

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I hear plenty of it. But if you think all of what's happened is outweighed by all of that candy and water we gave out you're nuts.

This is a really good read for those interested.

I've agreed with pretty much of what was written here, and accept the takes of everyone who contributed. why not?

If you add the testimony of many US, British soldiers you would have an even more damning piece against the war in Iraq.

And I wont hold my breath waiting to see if the efforts of our actions in the region will pay off somehow in the future,

But wont discount the surprising revolts springing up from time to time, like that of the Iranian elections of 2009....

or the sudden capitulation of Gadhafi and Libya after witnessing the Iraq war earlier...

Or the children growing up to see a different point of view? there is a lot not known yet

why dont you use John Lennon here? "Imagine"

I've agreed with pretty much of what was written here, and accept the takes of everyone who contributed. why not?

If you add the testimony of many US, British soldiers you would have an even more damning piece against the war in Iraq.

And I wont hold my breath waiting to see if the efforts of our actions in the region will pay off somehow in the future,

But wont discount the surprising revolts springing up from time to time, like that of the Iranian elections of 2009....

or the sudden capitulation of Gadhafi and Libya after witnessing the Iraq war earlier...

Or the children growing up to see a different point of view? there is a lot not known yet

why dont you use John Lennon here? "Imagine"

I only imagine the religious fanaticism and terror getting worse now that the jihadists are bolder and there's no one in charge to squash them with extreme prejudice. If the violence in Iraq seems to calm down its only because the black hooded head choppers are moving on to Syria and calling themselves fsa

This is a really good read for those interested.

In light of Wohlsetter being DEAD in 1997....

perhaps he (Wohlsetter) would have added another "precept" to the 5 listed by the writer Andrew Bacevich,

one that might include that the extremist militant muslim world does not respect conventional warfare, wont negotiate, and only

respects being kicked in the ASS!

but he was dead before 911 so.....

I only imagine the religious fanaticism and terror getting worse now that the jihadists are bolder and there's no one in charge to squash them with extreme prejudice. If the violence in Iraq seems to calm down its only because the black hooded head choppers are moving on to Syria and calling themselves fsa

I agree, there was 2 - 3 factions in Iraq creating havoc in the midst of what we were trying to accomplish....

Now there is proof of Al Queda in Iraq now, conveniently behind our war fatigue, and now no real restraints...

Its up to the people of Iraq to make Democracy happen, but like heck said, the thinkers and shakers left a long time ago is a big problem

but you are so correct to say that without extreme predjudice against terroristic factions, it will fester and grow again. - alive and well in Syria too...

How much oil did we secure?

like this, I had no idea til I read about the petrodollar - and that when WSS brought it to light in another post (for me ) last summer .....

My link

still learning after all these years

long article- in 4 parts re:history of the gold standard switch to the petrodollar and what it means today. :ph34r:

Archived