THE BROWNS BOARD

Trent Richardson Law Suit

Erie Dawg

By Plain Dealer staff

on March 22, 2013 at 6:05 PM, updated March 22, 2013 at 6:18 PM

A civil lawsuit was filed Friday afternoon against Cleveland Browns running back Trent Richardson,

his brother Terrell, his girlfriend and two others by two women who claim they were verbally and physically assaulted at Richardson's home in Columbia Station in 2012.

The lawsuit claims that the incident began on Dec. 9, 2012, at Rumors night club following a Browns victory and continued into the early hours of Dec. 10 when the defendants invited Krystal Jones of Maple Heights and Kathleen Hunter of Cleveland to Trent Richardson's home in Columbia Station, according to the complaint.

Jones and Hunter are represented by attorney Leif B. Christman, who supplied a copy of the lawsuit he said he filed today in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court.

The clerk's office was closed this afternoon and could not provide a copy of the complaint with the official time stamp, but an assistant clerk confirmed that the case had been filed.

(Read the full text of an unofficial copy of the complaint in the document reader below)

Once inside the home, Trent Richardson asked the two women to leave, but as they were leaving, Christman said Richardson became enraged, cursing the two women for "slamming a door" and "disrespecting his house," according to the complaint.

The complaint accuses Richardson of slamming his fist onto the hood of Jones' vehicle, denting the hood and causing $1,500 in damage.

It also accuses Richardson of orchestrating a physical assault on the two women, naming his girlfriend Sevina Fatu of Columbia Station and two other yet unnamed women as the assailants.

Browns spokesman Neal Gulkis said the team is "aware of the situation, but will not comment at this time. A call has also been placed to Richardson's agent.

Richardson has been in the news quite a bit over the last week as his helmet-to-helmet smash on Eagles safety Kurt Coleman was used as Exhibit A to get a controversial new "crown rule" passed by NFL owners in Phoenix, Ariz. on Wednesday.The competition committee showed video of Richardson's hit on Coleman that sent Coleman's helmet flying. At the time, the crunching blow drew thunderous cheers from fans, but under the new proposed rules, it would attract a 15-yard penalty and probably a fine.

Richardson, a graduate of Alabama was selected by the Browns with the third pick in the first round of the 2012 college draft.

With Plain Dealer reporter Pat Galbincea.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/03/cleveland_browns_running_back_trent.html

On the link above the PD has the court doc's posted (9) pages.

Roger the hammer will probably suspend him for a couple games.

What a fucking idiot.

Don't know if anyone looked at the court documents on that link but why does all of his relatives live with him? Time to give them the boot if you can ask me. I remember having a bunch of roommates and sometimes its cool and other times you have a bunch of people just hanging out that you hardly know. If I had to guess on what the situation was I would say there are a lot of people that may end up causing nothing but trouble.

It doesnt matter who he has living with him. It is his property and he was not happy with the way the people acted at his house. He told them to leave and they did not with out being typical loud mouth ho's. This will be dismissed.

I saw a documentry on ESPN about football players.Not all players are as rich as people think,except for the fortunate people that have big contracts.A good majority are broke after there playing days.It seems these stars live above there means,and bad investments seem to go hand and hand.The recurring theme seemed to be relatives asking for handouts.I wish I knew the name of the show because it was so interesting to watch.Another recurring theme was medical bills,as a result of getting pounded for years.

Remember when DA was with Cleveland.He has paid league minimum,which I believe is 300,000 thousand.Take out agent fees,and taxes,and I wouldn't call that rich.

Nothing wrong with helping your family,I would,but I sure as hell wouldn't let them live in my house.Time to give them the boot Trent.

I saw a documentry on ESPN about football players.Not all players are as rich as people think,except for the fortunate people that have big contracts.A good majority are broke after there playing days.It seems these stars live above there means,and bad investments seem to go hand and hand.The recurring theme seemed to be relatives asking for handouts.I wish I knew the name of the show because it was so interesting to watch.Another recurring theme was medical bills,as a result of getting pounded for years.

Remember when DA was with Cleveland.He has paid league minimum,which I believe is 300,000 thousand.Take out agent fees,and taxes,and I wouldn't call that rich.

Nothing wrong with helping your family,I would,but I sure as hell would'nt let them live in my house.Time to give them the boot Trent.

ESPN films 30 for 30 "broke"

Kind of what I'm relating all of this too.

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!

Nothing wrong with helping your family,I would,but I sure as hell wouldn't let them live in my house.Time to give them the boot Trent.

Back then? Take out 10% (I believe the standard agent cut is 5%) I could live on $270 K quite comfortably. FYI, here's an interesting table- the league minimum is now over $400,000, and slides up to over $900,000 if you can last 10 seasons. Problem is a lot of those guys think the gravy train is never going to end, and once their playing days are over, they've squandered a fortune.

NFL salaries

don't want to classify all these people we are talking about in the same category BUT when these kids come from broken families and have nothing but friends to support them....well THEY might and usually do support these people or their 'entourage' for life thinking that they owe these people.

look at MC hammer. had one of the most selling songs in history and is broke as a dead beat dad.

can't touch this....bank account.

Back then? Take out 10% (I believe the standard agent cut is 5%) I could live on $270 K quite comfortably. FYI, here's an interesting table- the league minimum is now over $400,000, and slides up to over $900,000 if you can last 10 seasons. Problem is a lot of those guys think the gravy train is never going to end, and once their playing days are over, they've squandered a fortune.

NFL salaries

It's all relative.The more money you make,the more you spend.How many football players pay off there parents house? Quite a few surprisingly.Add all the people that come out of the woodwork,and your new sports car,because that will be your next purchase,and a house,eventually.Oh,and lets not forget the diamond studs for your ears and gold teeth.These guys are young,and have money.Women will be all over that for sure! I couldn't even guess the price on that one! You just went from comfortable,to I hope I don't get injured.

• 1 month later...

Trent Richardson won’t be prosecuted for assault that resulted in lawsuit

Posted by Mike Florio on May 19, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT

350x-314.jpg?w=250AP

After two women sued Browns running backTrent Richardson for allegations that heinstigated their assault outside his home in December 2012, some pointed to the absence of criminal charges as proof that Richardson is blameless.

At the time, a representative of the Lorain County Sheriff’s Office explained that the alleged victims had not cooperated with the investigation. (Their lawyer disagreed.) Now, a prosecutor has confirmed that there will be no charges, absent additional information.

According to the Morning Journal, Elyria City Prosecutor Matt Mishak said that, due to conflicting statements, there was no probable cause to arrest Richardson. Mishak added that, absent new evidence, charges are unlikely.

Meanwhile, the lawsuit against Richardson was transferred from Cuyahoga County to Lorain County, a move that presumably occurred at the request of Richardson’s lawyers. It’s part of the games lawyers play as they try to position cases so they’ll be heard by judges and/or juries deemed to be more favorable.

The absence of criminal charges has no impact on a civil lawsuit, which is subject to a far lower standard of proof and can be filed without meeting any initial burdens like probable cause.

nothing good happens after midnite out at da clubs.

don't like or watch nascar but respect dale earnhardt jr. built his own club in his basement so if he and his friends want to get fucked up they just party down there and people can spend the nite.

the idea that these new million dollar players gotta be out on the scene and even open they're selves up for trouble is beyond belief.

i guess that's what majoring in sports medicine gets you.

nothing good happens after midnite out at da clubs.

don't like or watch nascar but respect dale earnhardt jr. built his own club in his basement so if he and his friends want to get fucked up they just party down there and people can spend the nite.

the idea that these new million dollar players gotta be out on the scene and even open they're selves up for trouble is beyond belief.

i guess that's what majoring in sports medicine gets you.

A. I think it said that this supposedly took place outside TRs residence....so apparently he was not out at a club.

B. Clearly profit motivated by these women.

Archived