THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns And Raiders Interested In Kellen Winslow?

DieHardBrownsFan

Kellen Winslow says Raiders, Browns have shown interest

By Alex Welch on Mar 25 2013, 11:47a @alex__welch +

STAY CONNECTED WITH SB NATION

152657852.0_standard_500.0.jpgRob Carr

Several teams are still looking at signing Kellen Winslow. Who is interested in the 29-year-old tight end these days?

Kellen Winslow caught a single pass in the one game in which he appeared with the New England Patriots last season. Now looking for another opportunity, Winslow says the Raiders, Panthers and Brownshave all reached out to him.

The Browns would make sense as head coach Rob Chudzinski worked with Winslow at the University of Miami and previously with Cleveland when he served as offensive coordinator. Hold off on your excitement though, Browns fans. Apparently Winslow may be getting ahead of himself here.

Mary Kay Cabot of The Plain Dealer reports the Browns are not interested in the 29-year-old tight end and have not contacted anyone about him. With Jordan Cameron and newly acquired Kellen Davis, Cleveland appears content with its tight end depth chart.

After being traded to Seattle by Tampa Bay last year, Winslow was released by the Seahawks prior to the start of the regular season. He signed with the Patriots for a brief stint afterwards. Knee issues have hindered his career, and as he approaches 30 this summer, his services don't seem too attractive at this stage.

Report: Browns not interested in Kellen Winslow

Posted by Josh Alper on March 25, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT

The Browns have been a soldier-free zone since trading tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. to the Buccaneers in 2009 and they don’t appear to be ready for a reunion.

Winslow said Monday morning that he’s planning a comeback after his 2012 season lasted one game with the Patriots and that he’s heard from the Browns. Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that if he has heard from anyone in the Browns organization, it hasn’t been about returning to play for them during the 2013 season because the team has no interest in a second Winslow stint.

Winslow played for Browns coach Rob Chudzinski at the University of Miami and with the Browns when Chudzinski was their offensive coordinator, a relationship that seemed to lend credence to Cleveland interest in making a deal to bring Winslow back. Per Cabot, though, the team is planning to start Jordan Cameron with the recently signed Gary Barnidge and Kellen Davis in reserve.

Winslow also named the Raiders and Panthers as teams that he’s heard from recently and it seems they won’t be getting any competition from Cleveland.

Shoot, I would have loved to have him back. He was productive for us here as he went to the Probowl and then was traded. He went on to the Bucs to set records for them for a couple seasons. He jumped from Seahawks to Patriots and ask to be released a week later. He's still as young as Weeden and he'd be a good combo with Jordan Cameron. Oh well.

Shoot, I would have loved to have him back. He was productive for us here as he went to the Probowl and then was traded. He went on to the Bucs to set records for them for a couple seasons. He jumped from Seahawks to Patriots and ask to be released a week later. He's still as young as Weeden and he'd be a good combo with Jordan Cameron. Oh well.

Figures you would want him back. We traded him when his stock was high like successful clubs do. Not even the miracle surgeon Dr. James Andrews can fix them knees.

K2 fucked up. He screwed himself out of a ton of money, fame, and records. Could of been great....

Without looking him up do we still have TE Alex smith on the roster? He took over for whitey at FB. Can't see where all of these guys are fitting in at.

He may be young- but he has the knee of a 60 year old- he'll need replacement surgery in a few years. I predicted when the Browns traded him (I happen to know a guy with knowledge of how badly his knee is screwed up) he wouldn't last. Winslow is just talking himself up. Released by three teams, that should tell you all you need to know. While we're at it, I suppose we should bring in Brian Urlacher- he USED to be great too. :)

He is completely washed up. Why would you want him back?

He is completely washed up. Why would you want him back?

Because he's a troll. I'm guessing he's the alt of one of the regulars who just posts unpopular opinions about everything with the exception of Trent Richardson, in which case he performs the internet forum equivalent to the act of fellatio.

Because he's a troll. I'm guessing he's the alt of one of the regulars who just posts unpopular opinions about everything with the exception of Trent Richardson, in which case he performs the internet forum equivalent to the act of fellatio.

Winslow is washed up huh? That's the same exact vomit statement that I heard when we first traded him to the bucs. What did he do? Only lead the team in receptions for three years running while we struggled to catch a fucking ten yard pass. You're the kind of person who ONLY goes along with the popular vote as to not stand out because you're a fucking sheep. So what, I like McCoy over Weeden and think Richardson was worth every bit of the third pick of the draft. I also think that Winslow would be a legit weapon over the other TE options we're going into camp with so far, so fucking what, blow me.

...I suppose you're tiny sheep brain is so much smarter than Bill Belichick, huh? Because why would he bring Winslow in if he didn't think he was any good, or even give him a spot on the team? Huh smartass? BTW- Winslow asked to be let go, it's not like Bill thought he couldn't play. Now, why don't you try and compose an original thought on your own... or can't you hack it?

FWIW, this is to vaginadrip- for being a douchebag.

Winslow is washed up huh? That's the same exact vomit statement that I heard when we first traded him to the bucs. What did he do? Only lead the team in receptions for three years running while we struggled to catch a fucking ten yard pass. You're the kind of person who ONLY goes along with the popular vote as to not stand out because you're a fucking sheep. So what, I like McCoy over Weeden and think Richardson was worth every bit of the third pick of the draft. I also think that Winslow would be a legit weapon over the other TE options we're going into camp with so far, so fucking what, blow me.

...I suppose you're tiny sheep brain is so much smarter than Bill Belichick, huh? Because why would he bring Winslow in if he didn't think he was any good, or even give him a spot on the team? Huh smartass? BTW- Winslow asked to be let go, it's not like Bill thought he couldn't play. Now, why don't you try and compose an original thought on your own... or can't you hack it?

FWIW, this is to vaginadrip- for being a douchebag.

Yes, Winslow did ask to be let go, because he wasn't performing and knew he couldn't play. His days are over.

I think he's washed up as well. The injuries have taken their toll on him in my opinion. But, if it's a non guarenteed, incentive based contract it wouldn't hurt to bring him in to camp and see if he's got anything left in the tank.

He did have some solid years for us and then a few good years in Tampa.

Archived