THE BROWNS BOARD

Question For Offense

slimdawg

OK from what I've been reading the majority of posters see us going D with the #6 pick.

Chud is an offensive coach and im going to assume norv will have plenty of influence also.

Let's say just for shits and giggles, Chud believes that we are one key player away on offense from becoming a top tier or elite offense.

Who would be the OFFENSIVE player taken at #6 to take this O to the next level?

I'm no draft expert, but from what I've heard and read I don't think theres a guy at #6 that fits your description.

It's a defense heavy draft at the top and everything else I've heard is that there's really no difference between the guy who is picked #5 and the guy picked #25.

I get where you're coming from, I just don't know who that guy is. There just isn't an offensive guy out there. There's no running backs to speak of. No one is really all that excited about the QB's other than Smith and he's not getting the same excitement that any of the first rounders last year were getting at this same time.

IMO the more I look at it, I don't know if I'm completely comfortable with the WR's currently on the roster.

Gordon, Little are our obvious top 2. Then from there I see question marks. Benjamin can definitely be a weapon, smaller guy still a lot of unknowns but definitely fast as hell. Cooper and norwood are pretty much the same player to me, One of them needs to step up they're game and separate themselves from the other, I haven't heard anything about whether or not mo mass will be resigned, and that's it I believe. I just think it would be a good idea to add one more body to that position.

I get where you're coming from, I just don't know who that guy is. There just isn't an offensive guy out there. There's no running backs to speak of. No one is really all that excited about the QB's other than Smith and he's not getting the same excitement that any of the first rounders last year were getting at this same time.

True, but in the draft there are always picks made that come completely out of left field.

And just for the record, I would prefer trade back some to get any of the offensive players I've mentioned rather than at #6. I just initially laid it out that way to make it easier.

I'm no draft expert, but from what I've heard and read I don't think theres a guy at #6 that fits your description.

It's a defense heavy draft at the top and everything else I've heard is that there's really no difference between the guy who is picked #5 and the guy picked #25.

None of us are draft experts, though it seems that among the so called experts certain people seem to do well...and others not so well. E.g: Honestly, by the record, I would much rather have Ozzie Newsome doing the picking for me than Mike Lombardi.

By the way....but are you gonna sign on for a team?

If they wanted to go offense they would most likely trade back, regardless of how far, in order to pick up more picks. As others have said, there is not much of a difference between the 5th and 25th pick in this draft, and that is especially true for the offensive talent. I don't see much difference between the top 4 WR (minus Austin from WVU who is short and quick while the others are tall and fast). If offense was our name, trade back to 20 is our game.

If we are going offence in the draft . The idea of trading back the 6th along with moving up the 68 pick ,works for me . Two wr are at the low 1st and mid to high second . Along with a huge amount of Wrs after the 1st .

How far would the Browns be willing to trade down . I'm thinking no more then 5 spots . At the other end the 68th should be moved up to mid Thirties .

Off coarse a trade would change that , added value .

Here's a chart This scenario was common in 2009 and 2010. It happened 30 times in the first four rounds. A team was willing to move down 9 slots on average. The ‘relative value’ below is the net gain in the order of all compensatory picks. So for example, New England moved back 2 places in round 1 in 2010 and gained an additional pick that was 143 slots from the end of the draft. If a team traded 2 picks for 2 picks, then I subtracted all the relative orders to get a net ‘relative value’ for the trade:

Value

per slot moved back Change in draft order Relative value Team moving down

72 -2 143 CHI

72 -2 143 NE

35 -3 106 NE

34 -3 103 OAK

33 -2 66 OAK

33 -4 131 PHI

33 -2 65 CLE

31 -3 94 NE

27 -7 189 OAK

19 -12 232 PHI

19 -12 224 SF

19 -4 74 MIN

18 -5 91 MIA

17 -15 262 NE

17 -12 204 CLE

15 -6 92 PHI

15 -11 167 NE

15 -11 163 HOU

13 -11 141 DET

13 -18 228 BAL

12 -9 112 HOU

11 -7 77 CAL

10 -3 29 NE

9 -15 134 PHI

8 -19 151 CHI

8 -7 55 AZ

6 -24 146 DAL

5 -12 58 CAR

4 -14 57 BAL

3 -15 48 PIT

The value also in not reflective of of the actual spot . We in Cleveland know the #1 spot 2 and 3 are risky and team needs must be considered .

I'd say the player that would make the biggest impact and still represent anything approaching value would be Chance Warmack at number 6. I'd still be annoyed if that did happen though - if we're going offense, as Harry says, trade back some distance.

I'd say the player that would make the biggest impact and still represent anything approaching value would be Chance Warmack at number 6. I'd still be annoyed if that did happen though - if we're going offense, as Harry says, trade back some distance.

What is this O Line talk. As a group this is a top 10, O line in the NFL, at least at the end of the season.

What is this O Line talk. As a group this is a top 10, O line in the NFL, at least at the end of the season.

In pass protection it's arguably the best, or at least top 3. In run blocking though it's not on the same level.

Archived