THE BROWNS BOARD

Tony Romo Now Among The Highest Paid Qbs

Kerrigan91

Now I know that Romo doesn't draw as much hate around these parts as Joe Flaccid, but this is just laughable.

Tony Romo just signed a 6 year, $108 million extension, with $55 guaranteed. Romo now is making the second most guaranteed money in NFL history, behind Tom Brady, and $4 million more than Flaccid.

I essentially just came in here because I am one of the happiest Redskin fans in the world now, and I wanted to share my joy. Let's all have a laugh at Jerruh Jones's expense.

Romo is an above avg QB, just like Joe Flaccid. If we had a top ten to fifteen QB, I'd say pay the man. QB driven league

Perfectly said.

Romo's a good QB. Gotta have a good QB to have a chance in the NFL.

Pay him.

Z

and PoG gets beat up for man love of his fave players?

tony romo is better than any QB on our roster but hasn't won dick and is credited for some of the biggest choke moments in recent nfl history.

the only thing guaranteed about romo is he'll end up on a goof reel on sportscenter every sunday night monday morning. only smart thing romo has ever done is dump that fat hag birthing machine jessica blimpson.

jerry jones is going to go out as senile as al davis.

and PoG gets beat up for man love of his fave players?

tony romo is better than any QB on our roster but hasn't won dick and is credited for some of the biggest choke moments in recent nfl history.

the only thing guaranteed about romo is he'll end up on a goof reel on sportscenter every sunday night monday morning. only smart thing romo has ever done is dump that fat hag birthing machine jessica blimpson.

jerry jones is going to go out as senile as al davis.

Are you seriously saying you would take any one of our QB's over Homo, if you are then the Jones comment is a little bit of pot and kettle

Are you seriously saying you would take any one of our QB's over Homo, if you are then the Jones comment is a little bit of pot and kettle

i clearly said he's better than anyone we got at QB.

i also said he hasn't won dick. matt ryan hasn't won dick. philip rivers hasn't won dick. sure i'd take them on the browns but they haven't won dick. dick meaning if you're that good of a QB (and one of the highest paid) and can't lead your team to the big dance, you haven't won dick.

(holy shit sure have been 'tossing' that word a lot around here lately)

1364600730[/url]' post='331605']

Now I know that Romo doesn't draw as much hate around these parts as Joe Flaccid, but this is just laughable.

Tony Romo just signed a 6 year, $108 million extension, with $55 guaranteed. Romo now is making the second most guaranteed money in NFL history, behind Tom Brady, and $4 million more than Flaccid.

I essentially just came in here because I am one of the happiest Redskin fans in the world now, and I wanted to share my joy. Let's all have a laugh at Jerruh Jones's expense.

Most overrated QB in the NFL. Or maybe the most overrated player in the NFL?? What has this guy really done?

1364657276[/url]' post='331682']

i also said he hasn't won dick. matt ryan hasn't won dick. philip rivers hasn't won dick. sure i'd take them on the browns but they haven't won dick. dick meaning if you're that good of a QB (and one of the highest paid) and can't lead your team to the big dance, you haven't won dick.

Well said!!

Romo is an above avg QB, just like Joe Flaccid. If we had a top ten to fifteen QB, I'd say pay the man. QB driven league

in talent...maybe...but his vision at times is questionable...and not worth the contract he just signed...

Now you're just being silly. Matt Ryan hasn't won dick. Do you have to win a Super Bowl to get a contract? Don't get me wrong, the numbers in a contract can most definitely be argued over value. What I'm saying is he is a good QB (better than at least half the league) and that is a somewhat rare commodity. Would you not pay to have you're above average QB stick around? With the browns QB's of late, I damn sure would

Now you're just being silly. Matt Ryan hasn't won dick. Do you have to win a Super Bowl to get a contract? Don't get me wrong, the numbers in a contract can most definitely be argued over value. What I'm saying is he is a good QB (better than at least half the league) and that is a somewhat rare commodity. Would you not pay to have you're above average QB stick around? With the browns QB's of late, I damn sure would

i try to be silly in most my posts, thought would have noticed by now :(

yes i would pay a good QB but not at the detriment of the rest of the team. look at what's happened to baltimore. (and flacco won the thing so there's a difference right there between him and romo). so what happens when all the potential FAs' contracts come up in the next couple of years in dallas?

i'm not dissing QBs getting paid or disagreeing that QBs are the most important position on a team. i like matt ryan, rivers, hell even give rapelisthberger respect on a talent level but to pay someone more than someone else who has a ring and they haven't done squadoosh is beyond me.

From wiki: "Romo is a Second-Generation Mexican American on his father's side and is of German and Polish descent from his mother's side."

There ya go. El Polish Rifle.

Zombo

This guy has won one playoff game.

One more than Sonny Jurgensen, Y.A. Tittle, Jim Hart, Archie Manning and Brian Sipe combined!

It's a team game, playoffs are team wins, you gotta have a good QB to get there, and the Cowboys have one.

He's not an A level QB, he's a B level QB ... and if you have one, you keep him, and you pay him.

Lot's of teams drafting early wish they had Tony Romo at QB, especially in a weak QB class as this one is perceived.

I'd trade all four of our quarterbacks for him ... he gives you a chance to win football games.

Zombo

• 3 months later...

Matt Ryan signs $100 M + deal today.

Apparently the key to getting $100M in today's NFL is to win one, and only one, playoff game.

T.J. Yates must be next.

Zombo

Romo is better than any QB on our staff AND I am glad we do not have him.

He's just good enough to give a franchise hope... to tease them into believing he might take them all the way. And as long as he is there that is all "da "Boys" will be... a tease. He has never been an elite, franchise QB and he has already peaked.

At least the two QB's we have have not yet peaked. Will either Wheezy or Campbell ever be good enough to take us to the promised land? Nah, but at least we know it and so we will pursue our gridiron Mesiah.

Matt Ryan signs $100 M + deal today.

Apparently the key to getting $100M in today's NFL is to win one, and only one, playoff game.

T.J. Yates must be next.

Zombo

Z, he's passed for 4,000+ yards the last two years and has a career 90+ QBR- that's what got him paid. Yates is a career backup, don't be funny.

I think he's better right now than some of you crackheads care to admit.

last few years not including his injury in 2010 he has over 4k yards, almost 5k last season, a career rating over 90 and has close to a 2/1 TD/INT ratio, he does give the cowboys a legit chance to win. If you wouldn't take a 5k yard passer on the browns this season, you can argue with the birds cuz you don't know shit.

Archived