THE BROWNS BOARD

Ncaa Final Four

The Gipper

I know the Browns Board is not the right forum for this...so feel free to move whereever appropriate...but there is no NCAA College Basketball Forum.

The NCAA Final Four is set:

Louisville, making their 10th Final Four appearance. They also appeared in the Final Four last year. They last won a title in 1986

Michigan is making its 7th Final Four appearance, but this is their first since 1993 when they lost the title game to North Carolina. Michigan won its only national title in 1989

Syracuse is making its 5th Final Four appearance. Its first since 2003 when they won the national title.

Wichita St. is making its 2d Final Four appearance. The only other time they made the Final Four was 1965.

Personally, despite beating Ohio St., I would now root for Wichita St. to win the championship. Though Louisville may still be a prohibitive favorite, who knows how the loss of Mr. Ware is going to affect them, both on the court and emotionally. One of these days one of these mid-majors...the Butlers/VCUs/George Mason's is going to win a title. Why not now with this team that seems so strong.

Syracuse games will make you fall asleep. Wichita St is who I would like to win it all also. I brought up the basket ball forum thing last night and my thread was moved to Barber shop talk.

My dream championship would be WSU against Syracuse. Lord knows I don't want Michigan to win and I also really don't want an all Big East (formerly) final. If that happens people won't shut up about it. Man, it's a shame OSU choked. How cool would it have been to have the possibly of an OSU v Michigan championship game?

Good thing Michigan didn't have to play any teams at the level of Wichita St or we might not be here. Oh man, I can only imagine.

As if their seeding makes a difference. They've knocked off the 1 and 2 seeds in their region and they're a legitimately solid team.

Archived