THE BROWNS BOARD

McAlister Out...Rolle (fixed) Out!!!

WPB Dawg Fan

The secondary of the Ravens is in some trouble. McAlister is definitely out for the game...and Samari Rolle is (fixed) out according to a Baltimore report...meaning they are going to go with Fabian Washington and Frank Walker for the third consecutive game.

In those 3 games Manning went for 271 and 3 TD's, Pennington went for 295 and a TD, and J.Russel went for 228 and a TD. That is an average of over 260 yds and almost 2 TD's. If we can get that out of DA we should be able to win.

The secondary of the Ravens is in some trouble. McAlister is definitely out for the game...and Samari Rolle is doubtful...meaning they are going to go with Fabian Washington and Frank Walker for the third consecutive game.

In those 3 games Manning went for 271 and 3 TD's, Pennington went for 295 and a TD, and J.Russel went for 228 and a TD. That is an average of over 260 yds and almost 2 TD's. If we can get that out of DA we should be able to win.

Umm, their oline isn't exactly brimming with health either. Terry and Gaither, both their starting tackles, are banged up.

We really should spank these guys this game. Crush them with the run until they go 8 or 9 in box and then rail them deep. It's all on DA not to screw this up.

Guest ATENEARS

Hopefully we can get a bit more out of Jamal Lewis than his 69-yrd per game rushing average, or there won't be any need for anyone to put 8/9 in the box.

I think we are getting a bit better at clearing some holes and mixing things up, this is definately a defense that we have to take the punch too and not sit there like a dork in that "take what the defense gives you" mode ... when's the last time that's worked against Baltimore or Pittsburgh?

Ate, Jamal isn't getting many attempts is why his yds/gm are low. The reason he isn't getting many attempts is because our passing game isn't functioning well.

Guest ATENEARS
Ate, Jamal isn't getting many attempts is why his yds/gm are low. The reason he isn't getting many attempts is because our passing game isn't functioning well.

I hear ya, the guy was a beast behind all those stellar QB's in Baltimore. Gee I don't have a leg to stand on battling this mal-function passing game excuse as reason for our running woes.

He would be the one to ask though about our passing deficiencies, cause I'm sure he gets a good view of that aspect of our offense while he's catching those breathers on the sidelines.

I hear ya, the guy was a beast behind all those stellar QB's in Baltimore. Gee I don't have a leg to stand on battling this mal-function passing game excuse as reason for our running woes.

He would be the one to ask though about our passing deficiencies, cause I'm sure he gets a good view of that aspect of our offense while he's catching those breathers on the sidelines.

The difference there is that in Baltimore they KNEW their passing game sucked and so they dedicated to the run no matter what. They ALWAYS gave him his carries.

Here, we keep going from great passing attack to complete suckage every other week...and when we go complete suckage the turnovers cost us the lead early and takes JL out of the game.

How do you explain him not getting many carries ATE? You gotta have carries to gain yards... The fact that Andersons half-time stats look something like 6-15 84 yards doesn't help.

Guest ATENEARS
The difference there is that in Baltimore they KNEW their passing game sucked and so they dedicated to the run no matter what. They ALWAYS gave him his carries.

Here, we keep going from great passing attack to complete suckage every other week...and when we go complete suckage the turnovers cost us the lead early and takes JL out of the game.

C'mon .... He's averaged 302 carriers per year in his career, he had 299 last season. He's averaged 19.9 carries per game in his career, even this year he's averaging 18.4.

In 2003 he had his best season ever, rushing for 2066 yrds (5.3 yrds per carry). Who was stretching that defense and allowing him to run through those thin D-lines? Kyle freaking Boller (5-4) & Anthony Wright (5-2) combined to give the Ravens a 10-6 record, with a 52.3% completion percentage, on 2517 yrds passing 16-TD's & 19 INT's.

Those two simple paragraphs blow your theories right out of the water.

The truth is, he's washed up. He might have a game or two in him still but he isn't anything consistient that DA or any other QB is going to feed off of.

I love Jamal, the guy absolutly killed us wearing purple. I love the guy on our team even this year, but don't give me some bullshit that our young gun-slinging Pro Bowl QB who threw for 3,787 yrds and 29-TD's is somehow holding him back, when the guy excelled during his career with half that calibre QB in his huddle.

Guest ATENEARS
Sorry WPB I can't stop

Oh yeah and Boller and Wright??? Hmmm they were completing 52% of thier passes for a 6 yrd/attempt average.....

What is Derek doing this year? 50% (being genrous) and that same 6 yrd/attempt average.....Are you sure you want to continue this comparison?

Are you serious??? Boller/Wright had similar stats in 2003 that DA is having this season??? Why didn't I think of making that comparison!?!?!

Forget-it, you got me ... Jamal Lewis don't need exceptional QB play, he put up 2,000 yards sharing the huddle with similar QB play, so that would mean that DA has nothing to do with the equation of our running back woes.

Novel idea. Just hand Jamal the rock two more times per game and 2,000 yrds here we come baby!

Guest ATENEARS

I think my theme today (among two threads), was it is a little bit of both along with a combination of many other aspects that we need to shore-up .... and not all on DA.

I think my theme today (among two threads), was it is a little bit of both along with a combination of many other aspects that we need to shore-up .... and not all on DA.

All I can say is this....

DA with 0 or 1 INT and 50% completions in a game, 3-0

DA with more than 1 INT or below 50% completions, 0-4

Hopefully we will have a very balanced gameplan that keeps the ravens defense guessing lewis needs to get the ball at least 20-25 times and if he does it will reduce the chance of DA screwing up the game by giving reed and lewis several free picks..

The secondary of the Ravens is in some trouble. McAlister is definitely out for the game...and Samari Rolle is doubtful...meaning they are going to go with Fabian Washington and Frank Walker for the third consecutive game.

Umm, their oline isn't exactly brimming with health either. Terry and Gaither, both their starting tackles, are banged up.

We really should spank these guys this game. Crush them with the run until they go 8 or 9 in box and then rail them deep. It's all on DA not to screw this up.

If DA can't take advantage of Fabian Washington and Frank Walker (?), we could be in for a very long day.

Ate, when did you start backing Anderson so hard? He's one of the lowest rated passers in the NFL this year. It's impossible to fake that... and it just happens to be about even with what he did in the second half of last season. The guy is an inconsistent mess!

shep your problems with ripping DA's passer rating all the time are 2 fold:

1) real football coaches don't give a shit about anybody's passer rating

2) Anderson's passer rating over the last 4 games is 86, and in the last 3 games is over 90.

not too shabby when his receivers lead the NFL in drops.

Sorry WPB I can't stop

Oh yeah and Boller and Wright??? Hmmm they were completing 52% of thier passes for a 6 yrd/attempt average.....

What is Derek doing this year? 50% (being genrous) and that same 6 yrd/attempt average.....Are you sure you want to continue this comparison?

Are you serious??? Boller/Wright had similar stats in 2003 that DA is having this season??? Why didn't I think of making that comparison!?!?!

Forget-it, you got me ... Jamal Lewis don't need exceptional QB play, he put up 2,000 yards sharing the huddle with similar QB play, so that would mean that DA has nothing to do with the equation of our running back woes.

Novel idea. Just hand Jamal the rock two more times per game and 2,000 yrds here we come baby!

Boller and Wright are better QBs than DA. Hate to break your heart. Ladanian Tomlinson couldn't function with a lame duck QB like DA ...Jim Brown may not have been able to either. You know the basics of football, it's not that difficult. Complete passes consistently and your carries go up.

I dont know what running back you guys are watching, but the one im watching is lowering his shoulder and hitting some people. I think jamal is looking good this year, you havent really seen him make the big play but he is a punishing back. We move away from the run when we get behind and defenses can pin their years back going after DA who cant handle it, but Jamal looks good, imho.

Back to the main topic....just read that Rolle is OUT!!!

Yeah, and I just watched the Superfan shortcut of the Ratbird- Raiders game. IF we can contain Halatosis Naughty, we should be able to kill them. #3 CB on Braylon, & who? on Winslow? OTOH, no one has been able to effectively run on Baltimore. The key to the game is getting up on them so they can't bring their blitz packages. BTW, on D stop McGahee- Flacco won't be able to beat us by himself. Those trick plays using Troy Smith @ qb should have a real short shelf life, IMHO.

C'mon .... He's averaged 302 carriers per year in his career, he had 299 last season. He's averaged 19.9 carries per game in his career, even this year he's averaging 18.4.

In 2003 he had his best season ever, rushing for 2066 yrds (5.3 yrds per carry). Who was stretching that defense and allowing him to run through those thin D-lines? Kyle freaking Boller (5-4) & Anthony Wright (5-2) combined to give the Ravens a 10-6 record, with a 52.3% completion percentage, on 2517 yrds passing 16-TD's & 19 INT's.

Those two simple paragraphs blow your theories right out of the water.

The truth is, he's washed up. He might have a game or two in him still but he isn't anything consistient that DA or any other QB is going to feed off of.

I love Jamal, the guy absolutly killed us wearing purple. I love the guy on our team even this year, but don't give me some bullshit that our young gun-slinging Pro Bowl QB who threw for 3,787 yrds and 29-TD's is somehow holding him back, when the guy excelled during his career with half that calibre QB in his huddle.

Stan, Jamal is far from washed up. LT he is no longer- but he can very effectively be the Browns version of Jerome Bettis for several seasons.

Guest ATENEARS
Stan, Jamal is far from washed up. LT he is no longer- but he can very effectively be the Browns version of Jerome Bettis for several seasons.

Whenever he's ready to start pounding it in from short yardage, then we'll talk.

I like the guy, but I think we need to find an every-down back.

Archived