THE BROWNS BOARD

Top10 Moments In Cleveland Sports History

Go 'Losers

Fill in and rank the top moments in Cleveland sports history, you decide!

The Browns 8 Championships and the Indians 2 World Series wins. Done. Yes we know it's been since 1964. Now go home.

Zombo

OK I will play along, but I will make it a Baker's dozen:

13. Baldwin-Wallace and Mt. Union win Division III NCAA championships.

12. St. Ignatius and Canton McKinley win National HS Championships

11. Cavs make NBA Finals in 2007?

10. Indians 1995, 1997, and 1954 World Series appearance.

9. Browns 46/47/49 AAFC titles

8. Browns 1948 Undefeated season

7. Browns 1954 and 1955 Championships

6. Browns 1950 Championship in first year in NFL

5. Akron Pros 1920 Championship, NFL's first champions.

4. Indians 1920 Championship

3. Indians 1948 Championship

2. Browns 1964 Championship

1. Cleveland native Jesse Owens kicks Hitler's ass at Olympics

OK I will play along, but I will make it a Baker's dozen:

13. Baldwin-Wallace and Mt. Union win Division III NCAA championships.

12. St. Ignatius wins National HS Championship

11. Cavs make NBA Finals in 2007?

10. Indians 1995, 1997, and 1954 World Series appearance.

9. Browns 46/47/49 AAFC titles

8. Browns 1948 Undefeated season

7. Browns 1954 and 1955 Championships

6. Browns 1950 Championship in first year in NFL

5. Akron Pros 1920 Championship, NFL's first champions.

4. Indians 1920 Championship

3. Indians 1948 Championship

2. Browns 1964 Championship

1. Cleveland native Jesse Owens kicks Hitler's ass at Olympics

I'd like to add the Cavs' Miracle of Richfield season, especially the 7 game playoff series thriller vs. the Washington Bullets, the old AHL Cleveland Barons won 9 Calder Cups (was a league record until 2009), and the day the day the NBA booted Ted Stepien out.

No. 1 is the 1964 Championship game. My Dad was there and i listened to every play on the radio.

If you're talking about my lifetime, CSU making the Sweet 16 (and almost advancing) makes my list somewhere pretty high.

The 1994, 95, 97 Indians make my list.

I'm a St Ignatius dad, so their Championship(s) would be on there. I also agree with the Purple Raiders being on there.

Listing these things is a fun exercise. Trying to rank them would require way too much thought.

I concur on the CSU Sweet 16 run

Sorry that this post will be a little off topic......

Local sports fans, if you haven't been to a CSU game, you need to give it a try. I went to a game 4 years ago and immediately bought season tix for th remainder of the season. (I know- we had an NBA 1st round draft pick of Norris Cole on the team). This season will be my 5th with season tix.

I never attended CSU, but I appreciate good basketball. Tickets are cheap, concessions are cheap, parking is cheap, the atmosphere is fun, AND the level of play in the Horizon League basketball is very high (much better than the MAC).

Checkit out.

Sorry that this post will be a little off topic......

Local sports fans, if you haven't been to a CSU game, you need to give it a try. I went to a game 4 years ago and immediately bought season tix for th remainder of the season. (I know- we had an NBA 1st round draft pick of Norris Cole on the team). This season will be my 5th with season tix.

I never attended CSU, but I appreciate good basketball. Tickets are cheap, concessions are cheap, parking is cheap, the atmosphere is fun, AND the level of play in the Horizon League basketball is very high (much better than the MAC).

Checkit out.

I am a CSU/CMLS alum. I went to a few games when on campus, but that was when Franklin Edwards played. He was also an NBA 1st round pick, as was Darren Tillis the following year. I thought that in the Mouse McFadden years that CSU should/could step up their program and join like the Big East or something....but Kevin Mackey's drug arrest put the damper on that. Still, they have a 14K arena...which is as big or bigger than many major programs.

And the other question: Why has CSU never decided to develop a football program. Hell, they could play their games at CBS (don't ask me to call it by that other, newer name)

Our best moments in the last half a decade have been championship appearances

In terms of professional sports, the only championship appearance was the Cavs 2007 NBA Finals appearance. That same year the Indians should have been in the World Series but CC Sabathia choked like twice when the Tribe had a 3-1 lead in the ALCS.

People don't seem to put him in the same "goat" position that they put Jose Mesa, or Ernest Byner in, but to me is every bit if not more the goat than those guys were.

Why could he not choke as bad when he was playing for the Yankees.

FUCK HIM

:) I'll do the ones in my lifetime.

1. Cleveland Browns beating the heavily favored Baltimore Colts 27-0 in 1964!

2. Ohio State Buckeyes beat USC in the 1969 Rose Bowl 27-16 to win the National Championship.

3. Cleveland Indians getting to the World Series in 1995! I went to game 4 and the Tribe lost 5-2.

4. Cleveland Indians getting to the World Series in 1997 but losing.

5. Sandy Alomar Jr hitting the homerun to win the 1997 All-Star game. I was sitting in the Club Seats that night!

6. In the 1986 playoffs the Browns beat the Jets 23-20 in double overtime! I was sitting in the Dawg Pound that day!

7. In the 1987 playoffs the Browns beat the Indy Colts 38-21 and I was sitting in the Dawg Pound!

8. I went to my first Browns game in 1974 and watched the Browns beat the Denver Broncos. Brian Sipe replaced Mike Phipps and scored on two short TD runs that day.

9. I went to my first Tribe game in 1968 with my parents and family but the Tribe got beat 5-0 by the dreaded New York Yankees! My "hero" when I was a kid was Rocky Colavito and he was in a Yankee uniform that night but I waved to him anyway!

10. The Cleveland Browns coming back in 1999! It was a victory for every Browns fan anywhere!

Archived