THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Board Auction Donation Day>

miktoxic

Cleveland Browns fans are eternal optimists. The older fans know first hand the glory of the Browns. They've lived the pride and exhilaration of their team going to war on football Sundays and coming home victorious. The emotional rush of that moment is powerful and impossible to forget....akin to an euphoria producing drug. The younger fans, as mentioned in an earlier post, while maybe not remembering the actual game, recall the pride, happiness and celebrations associated with the Browns doing great things. Their minds are forever imprinted with the positive emotions they observed and felt from their family members and their friends.

For me, rooting for the Browns is analogous to having a significant relationship with drug addicted or alcoholic family member or close friend.. No matter how often they slip up and cause grieve you still hold on to those memories of them when they were healthy and not strung out. Deep in your heart you are optimistic they can beat their demons and regain their self respect and dignity. Time after time you tell them to get out of your life forever, only to take them back for one more try at redemption.

The Browns of the eighties have left me with the most memories. The "Cardiac Kids" of the early eighties followed by the Kosar led Browns of the late 80's have a spot in my mind that will be difficult to duplicate

Once a fan, it is impossible to disavow the Browns. The light at the end of the tunnel, while sometime obscured by the smoke of frustration and despair, is always visible to those who continue to believe. Go Browns!!!!!

ok i can print up some tees with a saying we might all agree upon. best was a couple of years ago with the sayin: i flew 1200 miles to watch a fiield goal,: something like that,''all i'm saying is i'm retired now and could do some dumb shirts a like that and have people on the board buy them if they like the design. i'd do it at cost and let the mods decide how they would distribute the proceeds.

it could be used for tailgaiting or for the add kids at the cleveland clinic...

let's have a tshirt design contest and we'll give the winner a pint of schluggenhouzen plus a TR rookie card.

my idea: the skyline of cleveland looking at it from peelee island with a front line of the offensive players as comic book heros, weeden with 2 pitbulls holding them back, joe thomas as the hulk, TR as the juggernaught, with a line of F16s and M1 tanks holding the line.

anyone else?

I'd prefer a Joe Thomas t-shirt will him wearing camo, camo headband, camo sunglasses, holding a fishing pole on one hand, a root beer in the other,

standing next to a big, fat steelerhead fish hung up by it's tail.

Which, btw, reminds me I want to get one of those "Uncle Si" t-shirts that says "95 percent of my stories are true".....

Or, maybe, a pic of all the Browns on the lower deck of an open deck fishing chartrer, fishing over the side...

Well, if I have to buy it, then it needs to be cool. GGG

I dislike clutter. How about a simple picture of Trent knocking that helmet off, captioned "DO IT Trent! We'll chip in on the fine!"

Mike

I dislike clutter. How about a simple picture of Trent knocking that helmet off, captioned "DO IT Trent! We'll chip in on the fine!"

Mike

yes. but the opponents who's helmet he knocked off would have to be illustrated as a skeleton with his skull busted open. maybe a grave right next to him.

and the english brood could go home wearing" i flew1200 miles to see a dude get decapitated and we scored a field goal."

Mike

Remember, they have now made the "Trent Richardson rule" in which that play would now be called a penalty on TR.

Remember, they have now made the "Trent Richardson rule" in which that play would now be called a penalty on TR.

You're correct. My attempt at "t-shirt humor" wasn't very appropriate.

Mike

Archived