THE BROWNS BOARD

Mallet Rumors Resurfacing

BadNewsBrowns

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 45s

Source: The Browns have called again about Ryan Mallett. The Patriots want at least a second-round pick in return.

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 38m

Globe Patriots blog: QB Ryan Mallett in play for trade: Multiple teams have called the Patriots this week

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/04/qb_ryan_mallett.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000163275/article/ryan-mallett-reportedly-drawing-interest-for-patriots?campaign=Twitter_atl

Has anyone ever come out ahead trading with Belichick?

Is there any reason to believe he will be better than Weeden will be with any certainty?

Not excited for this.

Zombo

If we pick up Mallet for anything more than a 5th rounder i really think Lombardi is truly the devil. So, we traded a QB that passed for over 4000 yards and 20+ TDs in two years for someone that hasn't even won a single game an has thrown for less than 100 yards...come on!!! Why is it that the Patriots get to dump a loser QB for a 2nd rounder and we can only get a 6th rounder from a team with 200 draft picks this year...in two years we will dump Mallet and start all over again. I honestly think that Brandon Weeden is a more mobile QB than Mallet. I can't see any benefit over taking Mallet or Bray who we could probably pick up in the 3rd...actually, Bray is smarter and probably could run faster than Mallet...BRAY = Danny(very) Bad Boy Marino.

Browns have been "linked" to 3 incredibly stupid, incredible false, trade rumors the past 24 hours. First we want to toss away our 3rd on Bess, then we want to trade up to 3rd overall, now we want to ship a 2nd that we don't even have for Mallet. Bullshit rumors ment to get bullshit views, to help sites make bullshit money. Those are three facts you can actually count on.

I heard a rumor that the Browns were going to trade their third round pick for a corn beef and pastrami sandwich?

Why? They can get a great one for under ten bucks at Manny's Deli on 6th street.

(is Manny's still on 6th street? It has been about 20 years since I got deli from there) :wacko:

Archived