THE BROWNS BOARD

Football Gameplan's 2013 Nfl Draft Grades - Browns

EmDiggy

Maybe you had limited time, but I think you have to mention the use of the second round pick in last year's supplemental draft when they took Josh Gordon, and the use of Trade downs to acquire Devon Best.

Those may indeed be the very best moves the Browns made with this draft....though it is not reflected in actual players selected in those 3 days.

Maybe you had limited time, but I think you have to mention the use of the second round pick in last year's supplemental draft when they took Josh Gordon, and the use of Trade downs to acquire Devon Best.

Those may indeed be the very best moves the Browns made with this draft....though it is not reflected in actual players selected in those 3 days.

Gip its not part of the draft. Gordon played last season. Bess on the other hand id considered i guess. its davone bess by the way

Gip its not part of the draft. Gordon played last season. Bess on the other hand id considered i guess. its davone bess by the way

Our second round pick in this draft was essentially utilized to take Gordon.

And now we know from Mike Lombardi's explanation, the 7 picks that each team is allotted each year are merely "assets" to be used how a team sees fit.

So....our second rounder is used last year to take Gordon.

Our 4th rounder will be used next year in the third round.

Our 5th rounder will be used next year in the 4th round.

Trade downs of draft choices were used to acquire Bess.

So, like a poker game where a player gets only 7 chits....he is free to wheel and deal those chits....or play those chits.

That is basically how NFL GMs perceive of them, apparently.

Archived