THE BROWNS BOARD

Police: Ky. Girl, 2, Accidentally Shot, Killed

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/apexchange/2013/04/30/us-toddler-accidentally-shot.html

BURKESVILLE, Ky. (AP) Authorities in southern Kentucky say a 2-year-old girl has been accidentally shot and killed by her 5-year-old brother, who was playing with a .22-caliber rifle he received as a gift.

Kentucky State Police said the toddler was shot just after 1 p.m. CDT Tuesday in Cumberland County and was taken to a nearby hospital, where she was later pronounced dead.

Cumberland County Coroner Gary White told the Lexington Herald-Leader that the children's mother was at home at the time.

White told the newspaper that the boy received the rifle made for youths last year and is used to shooting it. He said the gun was kept in a corner and the family didn't realize a shell was left inside it.

White said the shooting will be ruled accidental.

An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I'm all for the 2nd Amendment but when is enough enough? Seems like there's more and more accidental shootings lately, or maybe the Liberal media is just reporting it more.

The U.S Department of Fear makes it seem as if it's your civil duty to own firearms now every irresponsible knucklehead has a firearm and these things happen more often.

BTW, this Cricket rifle that killed this 2 year old girl is a rifle marketed to children for fucks sake!

I think there is a growing sentiment in this country that is turning guns into the forbidden fruit.

People are just buying weapons because douche baggy libs are so against them, they're not happy with the government, the economy sucks etc. and the gun makers are laughing all the way to the bank.

So with as many dolts there are out there tragedies like this are bound to occur more often.

I think there is a growing sentiment in this country that is turning guns into the forbidden fruit.People are just buying weapons because douche baggy libs are so against them, they're not happy with the government, the economy sucks etc. and the gun makers are laughing all the way to the bank.So with as many dolts there are out there tragedies like this are bound to occur more often.

That's certainly part of it. It's a way for them to show their disdain for the n-word president and the faggy know-it-all liberal douchebags and their support of the "opposition" because that really is how fucked up and stupid this country is.

That's what we have been saying. It's irresponsible behavior that is the problem with these tragedies.

I got my first gun when I was in the fifth grade, except for a bb rifle I'd had for two years.

I can't imagine those two kids having parents who weren't on dope or drink to be that criminally negligent.

But as we've been saying - it's the irresponsible USE of a tool or weapon that is the tragedy.

This little girl was stabbed to death with a knife by an intruder in a home breakin. That could? have

been PREVENTed by a properly secured, loaded gun.

It's the irresponsible and violent use of any kind of tool or weapon.

"VALLEY SPRINGS, Calif. -- A region of oak-studded hills in California, where big-city dwellers come to get away from crime, was on lockdown on Monday, two days after a mysterious intruder stabbed an 8-year-old girl to death at home before being spotted by her 12-year-old brother.

With the suspect still on the loose, some of the kids in this enclave nestled in the Sierra Nevada foothills were hunkering down after school at James Barci's ranch.

"Nobody is staying alone," said Barci, a truck driver and parent volunteer at Jenny Lind School, where victim Leila Fowler was a popular third-grader. "I told my work I'm not coming in, and I'm just going to have all of my kids' friends at the house until this is over."

The apparently random attack has the tightknit community on edge. Parents such as Barci spontaneously showed up Monday at the school of 500 students to give hugs or tie purple and pink ribbons - Leila's favorite colors - to trees on campus.

In a pastoral place where fat horses swish their tails in knee-high grass and few people had ever bothered to lock their doors, residents now say their guns are loaded and they aren't afraid to use them.

"My husband wanted me to put one in my car so I'd have it in my hand when I entered the house," Tabatha Camden said as she dropped off a neighbor's children at the school. "I drew the line at that. We've always had one gun loaded in the house at all times, but now we have four."

The Calaveras County Sheriff's Office has released little information about the killing other than a vague description of a man with long gray hair who fled when the boy confronted him. Calaveras County Deputy Coroner Steve Moore said the girl died from multiple stab wounds."

Archived