THE BROWNS BOARD

Tesla Model S

This is pretty big news. Consumer Reports just gave the new all-electric Tesla Model S its highest score ever. It seems like a car company has finally nailed the electric car, making it just like the car you're used to, but with better performance. They've now got a waiting list six months long for people who want one.

I don't think it's going to be long before all cars are made this way, do you?

My brother got one a month or two ago. Says it's the coolest thing ever. Says people stop him all over the place to ask about it.

I've seen a couple out here in LA. And they just opened a dealership in town. The stock is up 12% this year.

Once they improve the range and the cost I think it's the beginning of the end for gas-powered cars. I really do.

My brother got one a month or two ago. Says it's the coolest thing ever. Says people stop him all over the place to ask about it.

I've seen a couple out here in LA. And they just opened a dealership in town. The stock is up 12% this year.

Once they improve the range and the cost I think it's the beginning of the end for gas-powered cars. I really do.

I fucking hope so. I think this would go a long way in improving our standing in the international community. A major reason everything's been so fucked up for us since the Cold War is because of what we've done to secure sources of oil.

I mean you can have replaceable batteries but I need the milage as well. You'd need to have easily replaceable batteries because anyone with a cell phone or a laptop or a cordless drill knows eventually batteries go flat and don't hold a charge for shit. You'd hate to find that out at night in the middle of b.f.e.

It would be a huge good thing instead of gas engine cars.

But...Isn't the battery replacement cost extremely expensive?

And, it will never replace pickup trucks. Cool car, though.

And vacationing very car with it would be a disaster.

..sitting at some recharge center all alone,...nah. Limited market.

Would be a great commute to work car....

It would be a huge good thing instead of gas engine cars.

But...Isn't the battery replacement cost extremely expensive?

And, it will never replace pickup trucks. Cool car, though.

And vacationing very car with it would be a disaster.

..sitting at some recharge center all alone,...nah. Limited market.

Would be a great commute to work car....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Model_S

The Model S battery is guaranteed by Tesla Motors for eight years or 100,000 mi (160,000 km) for the base model with the 40 kW·h battery pack, while the base model with the 60 kW·h battery has an eight years or 125,000 mi (201,000 km) warranty. All models with the 85 kW·h battery pack are guaranteed for eight years and unlimited miles.

A battery replacement option may be purchased for a cost of US$8,000 for the 40kWh battery, US$10,000 for the 60kWh battery and US$12,000 for the 85kWh battery and will provide a replacement battery anytime after the 8th year of operation of the original battery.
In 2013, Tesla canceled a 40 kW·h version

The 2012 Tesla Model S Performance model has a 416 hp (310 kW) and 443 ft·lb (600 N·m) rear-mounted electric motor. The base model uses a 362 hp (270 kW) and 325 ft·lb (440 N·m) motor.

Im guessing the 2013 model uses the same powertrain. With specs like this ( Curb weight: 4,647.3 lbs - similar to a late model SS Camaro V8)

I can see how they say that this car is flat out fast!

The X model is a SUV AWD with 2 of these motors... hmmmm maybe you'd rather take this one instead ? I would! if I had the $$$

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2013/05/13/nc-considering-dealer-requirement-that.html

WTF, gas wins here in NC.

Wait Republicans wanted to block Obamacare because they said you couldn't force someone to buy something (which I agree with) but blocks the freedom to purchase a product? The government is *fucked.

Insane, right? Just businesses protecting their turf.

There's a smaller fight like this going on in Massachusetts right now, which is one of the few states left that won't let you ship alcohol through the mail. And why? Because the food and beverage lobby, the people who own liquor stores, fight to keep it that way.

Just one of the myriad of ways in which the government works to protect token business interests at the expense of the public and the consumer.

Tesla’s shareholders seem to be assuming that its chief executive, Elon Musk, is infallible. Tesla, the electric carmaker, is on a roll. Last week, it recorded its first quarterly profit and received the best score that Consumer Reports has bestowed on a car for six years. The company’s stock has since surged as much as 70 percent, leaving Tesla worth more than Fiat and Peugeot combined. Its stock is also trading at a whopping 27 times estimates for earnings in 2016.

I kind of went the opposite route. My grandad just gave me his 79 cadillac coupe deville with the 425 big block.

He bought it off the showroom floor 12/1978 and it still looks & runs that way. Garage kept & washed/waxed before & after ea time he drove it. The car is baaaaad.

It's the first car I have a memory of riding in and still my favorite.

And... If you needed something else to like about this company.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-05-22/tesla-pays-off-its-465-million-loser-loan

“Following this payment, Tesla (TSLA) will be the only American car company to have fully repaid the government,”

And Romney said investing in these companies would kill the US. Faggot.

Archived