THE BROWNS BOARD

Irs Targets Right Wing Groups

There's a mini-scandal if you want one. All of these people should be shit-canned.

The Internal Revenue Service is apologizing for inappropriately flagging conservative political groups for additional reviews during the 2012 election to see if they were violating their tax-exempt status.

Lois Lerner, who heads the IRS unit that oversees tax-exempt groups, said organizations that included the words "tea party" or "patriot" in their applications for tax-exempt status were singled out for additional reviews.

Lois Lerner, who heads the relevant IRS unit, says it was "initiated by low-level workers in Cincinatti", so it's not like this was administration policy. Still, I'd like to see her answer the following questions:

How many groups were targeted?

Did the practice spread outside of the scofflaws in the Cincinatti office?

Has the IRS taken actions to terminate the offending employees?

How did these partisan jerks get into the IRS anyways?

Recent additions? Or they've been there well before Obamao?

When the IRS goes political attack dog, regardless what side they are on...

it needs to be stamped out. That's a disgrace.

If they used the key words of "black" or "African" the IRS would have already publicly said they were fired. They would have had to.

Assuming they are at least in the process of being fired I can't complain at how the IRS is handling it. I just have to believe that if it was a race issue the pressure to clear the air immediately would force them to make their firings public.

It is supposed to be "local officials of the IRS out of Cincinnatti".

But Obamao ignored it twice. It isn't just one group they targeted.

And denying that it was politically motivated? That's asinine.

At issue were organizations listed as 501©(4)s under the tax code, a special designation for "social welfare" non-profits that are supposed to be primarily apolitical (though they are allowed to participate in political activities). Sixteen Tea Party groups joined forces last year, alleging that the IRS was going after them because of their political leanings.

"This is obviously a coordinated effort by the I.R.S. to stifle these Tea Party and Tea Party-affiliated groups, and to stifle free speech activities," Jay Sekulo, a lawyer for those groups, said last year. "It's as onerous as what they did to the N.A.A.C.P. in the 1950s, and I plan to make that point."

The Tea Party Patriots, one of the groups targeted by the IRS, rejected the apology, saying in astatement Friday that it "does nothing to alleviate the danger of this happening again."

"The IRS has demonstrated the most disturbing, illegal and outrageous abuse of government power," said Jenny Beth Martin, a Tea Party Patriots spokesperson. "President Obama must also apologize for his administration ignoring repeated complaints by these broad grassroots organizations of harassment by the IRS in 2012, and make concrete and transparent steps today to ensure this never happens again."

The left does this shit all the time...

From the flamboyant Jim Traficant on the House floor during the Clinton regime.

COINCIDENCE
by James Traficant

October 8, 1997
Mr. Speaker, Patricia Mendoza heckled the President; she got audited. Kent Brown sued the First Lady; he got audited. The National Center for Public Policy criticized the White House; they got audited. Billy Dale got the White House mad; he got audited. Paula Jones refused a cash settlement; she got audited.
If that is not enough to tax your disgust, Shelly Davis, the author of Unbridled Power, who testified about IRS abuses before the Senate, got a notice in the mail yesterday; she is being audited.
Unbelievable. After all this, an IRS spokesman said, coincidence, all coincidence. I say, Mr. Speaker, the IRS has turned into a bunch of political prostitutes.
I want to apologize to all the hookers in America for having associated them with the IRS. I say beam me up, dot com, coincidence this.

Talk about inappropriate. Can you imagine if this had happened when Bush was President and it targeted left wing organizations?

not defending Nixon, and not reaching into Obama administration....

but what was once good for the goose (back then)

is somehow lost on the gander now?!

You guys need to get a grip though. This isn't Nixon. Watergate was run out of the White House. If this were run out of the White House I'd be asking for impeachment. But this isn't that. It's not even close to that.

Also, there's a legitimate problem with political groups claiming social or charitable group status, and the IRS is right to scrutinize those. Doing it by political affiliation is a fireable/jailable offense, in my opinion.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/13/irs-scrutiny-went-beyond-tea-party-criteria-broader-than-thought/

the blood is in the water, and the talkers (Limbaugh, Hannity) are at it full speed

if we can think ahead of time here, will there be IRS "whistleblowers" that come forward too?

and will they get to speak?

BOOM

The Obamao regime already used IRS information as a weapon back in 2010.

In a September 16 speech, President Obama again singled out Americans for Prosperity. Even Jimmy Carter took a whack at the Kochs last week.
While the attention is unwanted for the Kochs, if somewhat expected, a lawyer for Koch Industries now tells THE WEEKLY STANDARD that the administration may have crossed a line by revealing tax information about Koch Industries. According to Mark Holden, senior vice president and general counsel of Koch Industries, a senior Obama administration official told reporters at an August 27 on-the-record background briefing on corporate taxes:
So in this country we have partnerships, we have S corps, we have LLCs, we have a series of entities that do not pay corporate income tax. Some of which are really giant firms, you know Koch Industries is a multibillion dollar businesses. So that creates a narrower base because we've literally got something like 50 percent of the business income in the U.S. is going to businesses that don't pay any corporate income tax. They point out [in the report] you could review the boundary between corporate and non-corporate taxation as a way to broaden the base.
Holden tells THE WEEKLY STANDARD that this quotation from a senior administration official "came to our attention from different avenues. We are very concerned about why this would be said about us, particularly in this setting. We are concerned where this information would have been obtained from. We also are concerned in light of recent events that we have been singled out by the government and others as a campaign against us because of our political views."

IRS BOSS OF DIVISION TARGETING ANTI-OBAMA GROUPS INVESTIGATED ANTI-CLINTON ORGANIZATIONS IN 1990'S

Steven T. Miller, the acting IRS commissioner who managed the division that has admitted targeting anti-Obama Tea Party groups, was one of several agents who investigated anti-Clinton organizations including Judicial Watch during that Democrat’s administration, according to court documents and interviews.

Miller, who headed the IRS Services and Enforcement Division from 2009 until the end of last year, is named in court documents as part of a trio of Internal Revenue Service officials who allegedly characterized the 1998-2001 investigation of Judicial Watch as politically motivated.

According to court papers, one agent in the case reportedly told the legal watchdog group, “What do you expect when you sue the president?” Miller reportedly added that the Judicial Watch audit, coming after the group sent the White House a lengthy Freedom of Information Act request, “had created at least the appearance of a problem.

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/05/13/irs-boss-of-division-targeting-anti-obama-groups-investigated-anti-clinton-organizations-in-1990s/

TOP IRS OFFICIAL DIDN'T REVEAL TEA PARTY TARGETING:
http://news.yahoo.com/top-irs-official-didnt-reveal-tea-party-targeting-000016562.html

REVEALED: THE 55 QUESTIONS IRS ASKED TEA PARTY GROUP INCLUDING DEMANDS FOR NAMES OF DONORS AND VOLUNTEERS
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2323978/Revealed-The-55-questions-IRS-asked-tea-party-group-years-waiting--including-demands-names-donors-volunteers.html

That is FREAKIN HYSTERICAL. He nailed it...

Heckbunker looooooves Stewart. Why, I wonder why heckbunker didn't

post this.

Oh yeah. It goes against his liberal emotional spinning in favor of the democrats, whoever they are at any given time...

I forgot. For a second.

Archived