THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland: Disappointing Fans Since 1964

slowburn

Yes, very well written story and I love the photo that went with it. Many stories being written these days about the Cleveland sports fans. Really bothersome this week is that NFL Network is featuring its Greatest Games Ever segments and they keep showing the Fumble game. They just rub salt into the wound.

What's amazing, though, are the tens of thousands of Browns fans around the country who stick by the team. I live in Florida and went to a big flea market for an hour or two on Saturday wearing my Browns T-shirt. It was simply amazing all the people who came up to me to share the pain, swap stories or offer support. My wife kept saying, "This is amazing -- your Browns shirt is like a magnet."

Just once before I kick off I'd love to see this team reach the Super Bowl. Kinda like Pops, the coach in the Natural, I don't need the Browns to win the Super Bowl (although that would be nice), I'd just like to see them get there so that all of us can finally smile and bask in the sunshine with our team a little bit.

Why are the gods of football so much against us?

Why are the gods of football so much against us?

because our ownership over the last 3 decades don't know shit about the hiring and firing of key FO personnel.

hell modell hired belichick to fire him and move the team to baltimore. but at least he saw something in ozzie as a GM. everyone else since then and the big fart cleveland laid for not paying for a new stadium is the ultimate curse. mayor white should be tarred and feathered (if he's still alive. maybe him and marion barry are smokin crack with some hookers as we speak).

Just think, a Pittsburgh fan in his late 50's has experienced 11 championships in his lifetime ...6 Steelers 2 Pirates and 3 Penguins... wheras a Cleveland fan the same age witnessed 0. Sad. Very sad. A 56 year old Clevelander was in 1964...so maybe 1.

Just think, a Pittsburgh fan in his late 50's has experienced 11 championships in his lifetime ...6 Steelers 2 Pirates and 3 Penguins... wheras a Cleveland fan the same age witnessed 0. Sad. Very sad. A 56 year old Clevelander was in 1964...so maybe 1.

ouch.

i won't say from '64 til now there were no good browns or cavs or indians teams........just never been able to bring the trophy home.

Wow. Hadn't thought about that. But wer're all tougher, humbler people for having gone through all this, right?!

because our ownership over the last 3 decades don't know shit about the hiring and firing of key FO personnel.

hell modell hired belichick to fire him and move the team to baltimore. but at least he saw something in ozzie as a GM. everyone else since then and the big fart cleveland laid for not paying for a new stadium is the ultimate curse. mayor white should be tarred and feathered (if he's still alive. maybe him and marion barry are smokin crack with some hookers as we speak).

Yeah, I agree there is plenty of blame to go around. But we cannot forget that Modell brought a lot on himself because he was such a bad business manager.

ouch.

i won't say from '64 til now there were no good browns or cavs or indians teams........just never been able to bring the trophy home.

it's all about the rings, baby...if u are in second place you are in last place/

Wow. Hadn't thought about that. But wer're all tougher, humbler people for having gone through all this, right?!

yea, humility is supposed to be a virtue but I wouldn't mind experiencing some "pride before the fall"

Yep, for them they have enjoyed pure luck.

Tougher, not necessarily humbler.

It by no means makes me feel "humble" if by that you mean quiescent, meek, subservient, timid, deferential.

FUCK all that. Quite the opposite. I think wrathful, Proud, vain, combative, assertive, defiant....would be more descriptive.

Don't you?

Tougher, not necessarily humbler.

It by no means makes me feel "humble" if by that you mean quiescent, meek, subservient, timid, deferential.

FUCK all that. Quite the opposite. I think wrathful, Proud, vain, combative, assertive, defiant....would be more descriptive.

Don't you?

Your descriptions are fine. I don't think the profanity adds anything, though.

Just curious: would you have rather the Browns made several Super Bowls and lost like the Bills did? I think that would make the pain even greater. (And I know I would have had to replace a couple of TVs. Only lost a radio on the conference championship games)

Just curious: would you have rather the Browns made several Super Bowls and lost like the Bills did? I think that would make the pain even greater. (And I know I would have had to replace a couple of TVs. Only lost a radio on the conference championship games)

Yes, winning the AFC is a championship, just like winning the division is a championship. Of course the whole goal is to win the Super Bowl, but I'd rather be heartbroken AFC Champions than heartbroken AFC runner ups.

Zombo

--or heartbroken 5 and fucking 11

Yes, winning the AFC is a championship, just like winning the division is a championship. Of course the whole goal is to win the Super Bowl, but I'd rather be heartbroken AFC Champions than heartbroken AFC runner ups.

Zombo

--or heartbroken 5 and fucking 11

I completely agree. The disappointment at losing the super bowl is probably greater than losing the AFC championship game, but at least we would've gotten to the big game a few times.

i'm callin 9 and 7 this year. put a stamp on it and mail it in.

if not, i'll have lost a couple of ducketts and be looking forward to another complete overhaul that seems to be happening WAAAAAAAAYYY TO FUUUUUUUUUCKIN often in the browns franchise.

I say 8-8 is the best case scenario for the browns...they need to show Me something.....

i'm callin 9 and 7 this year. put a stamp on it and mail it in.

if not, i'll have lost a couple of ducketts and be looking forward to another complete overhaul that seems to be happening WAAAAAAAAYYY TO FUUUUUUUUUCKIN often in the browns franchise.

Browns won't get any where near 9-7 this season. With their depthless secondary they will be lucky to win 6 games. But as the Browns lose game after game after game due to the secondary, Lombardi can sit there knowing he has those extra picks for 2014!

Archived