THE BROWNS BOARD

Maine Dr Cuts Prices In Half By Refusing Health Insurance.

Legacy Fan

http://m.upi.com/story/UPI-3571369847964/

It will be interesting to see where this goes. I had mentioned a long whole back that something like this would be the solution to the "healthcare crisis"

I'm sure the feds will make it mandatory for physicians to accept insurance or lose their license, or something to that effect.

kinda like the good old days when we carried something called "major medical" for the catastrophic needs

but routine things that should be and can be paid for at a reasonable price...

but that will disrupt "my free stuff" so....

also the Maine doctor exposes the real cost of insurance when he essentially slashes close to 50% of an office visit

75 a visit is one thong. How much does he charge for root canals? Or root scalings? Or pulling teeth? dentures? X rays?

Half of thousands and thousands of dollars is still thousands of dollars. He'll fail miserably, lose his practice, then most likely be blackballed. Prediction.

75 a visit is one thong. How much does he charge for root canals? Or root scalings? Or pulling teeth? dentures? X rays?

Half of thousands and thousands of dollars is still thousands of dollars. He'll fail miserably, lose his practice, then most likely be blackballed. Prediction.

I think it's a great practice model. He's a physician by the way - not a dentist.

Although there are many very successful dentists who employ this model.

No it costs money people don't actually have. It May be different since you know, as a doctor of sorts you get to be part of the problem and charge outrageous markups on your services. I'm not saying your particular prices are outrageous but we've all heard of the health care industry billing 4000 for an MRI. but I bet you self employed musicians and college students couldn't afford to pay 2000 for a discount MRI. I couldn't afford to pay it either. Only a small amount of people could afford one MRI, a procedure all doctors will order for almost any ailment. It doesn't cost 4000 dollars to run the MRI machine per patient.

My first son's hospital birth cost 31,000. My second son's midwife birth cost about 3000. The major problem is that medical personnel are raping people to keep their over-inflated wages up. Doctors and nurses have to take a fuckin' pay cut if we ever EVER want to see anything approaching affordable health care.

False.

It costs money that people don't prioritize.

When you're eating chef boyardee for dinner how do you expect people to prioritize money for dental care? Dental, rightly or wrongly, will often be seen as less important and is often the first thing dropped by people seeking to bring down the costs of their skyrocketing health care. You'll sooner be out of a job than expect a majority of people to prioritize money for dental health when there's so many other needs that seem more pressing.

When you're eating chef boyardee for dinner how do you expect people to prioritize money for dental care? Dental, rightly or wrongly, will often be seen as less important and is often the first thing dropped by people seeking to bring down the costs of their skyrocketing health care. You'll sooner be out of a job than expect a majority of people to prioritize money for dental health when there's so many other needs that seem more pressing.

I was in our pedo clinic this morning and the Medicaid patients (families) had the Jordan's & iphones. (Seriously, not that email/Facebook chain letter ER doc stuff - I'm actually fucking serious). The mother of three with 1 child diagnosed with Aspergers, and another currently going through the testing for the same- she and her husband's current employment status prevent them from qualifying for Medicaid.

Guess who I didn't charge for their child's appointment this morning?

Also care to guess which parent was involved in their child's oral hygiene vs which one that allowed the 14 yr old to take kool-aid to bed?

Want to know which child had 12 fillings treatment planned vs "see you in 6 mos for your next cleAning"?

Want to know who is paying for those 12 fillings? Want to know how little Medicaid reimburses for those fillings? Want to know why prices are set where they are so I can feed MY family and pay off the $300k in student loans where i sacrificed my time to do so? I guaran-fucking-tee you I'm not driving a Mercedes or living in a house that requires its own coal-plant to air-condition.

Care to guess how many people all of a sudden prioritize their oral health when they get a tooth ache at 3 am on sat night? And then want to know why they have to pay for that treatment?

And you want to talk to me about wages? Please. Go get fucked.

Care to guess who takes a paycut when half my appointments no-show or cancel for the month? it's not the people working for me.

my wife and I typically look for and find health care that will "carry" us - allowing for monthly payments and such...

I remember a time while uninsured, my daughter needed ER treatment, but it was at a downtown hospital....

and they admitted her, and gave us very good care and allowed me to make payments.

point being, there are doctors and dentists that we were fortunate enough to find that will do that!

I was in our pedo clinic this morning and the Medicaid patients (families) had the Jordan's & iphones. (Seriously, not that email/Facebook chain letter ER doc stuff - I'm actually fucking serious). The mother of three with 1 child diagnosed with Aspergers, and another currently going through the testing for the same- she and her husband's current employment status prevent them from qualifying for Medicaid.

Guess who I didn't charge for their child's appointment this morning?

I can't speak for the black folks. I don't identify with them or their culture. I can only speak for people like myself. Some are doing ok. Some are not doing ok. None of my kids or my friends have jordans or iPhones though.

Also care to guess which parent was involved in their child's oral hygiene vs which one that allowed the 14 yr old to take kool-aid to bed?

Want to know which child had 12 fillings treatment planned vs "see you in 6 mos for your next cleAning"?

Want to know who is paying for those 12 fillings? Want to know how little Medicaid reimburses for those fillings? Want to know why prices are set where they are so I can feed MY family and pay off the $300k in student loans where i sacrificed my time to do so? I guaran-fucking-tee you I'm not driving a Mercedes or living in a house that requires its own coal-plant to air- condition.

Care to guess how many people all of a sudden prioritize their oral health when they get a tooth ache at 3 am on sat night? And then want to know why they have to pay for that treatment?

And you want to talk to me about wages? Please. Go get fucked.

Care to guess who takes a paycut when half my appointments no-show or cancel for the month? it's not the people working for me.

You'll notice I mentioned that your wages may not be that great. Believe it or not I know a few dentists, and theyre not the worst. I may have mentioned, however, that I've done a lot, a lot of work for the Cleveland clinic and Metro and they ARE driving Mercedes to work. My sister just had her pinning ceremony and she absolutely expects to make 80,000 a year to start. I laughed in her face. Do you know how many nurses are being turned out per day? This bubble has to burst or doctors and nurses will price their happy asses right out if business.

I know a decent amount of people that became or are working to become nurses

It also seemed like in my gen chem class freshman year 75%+ of the students thought they'd be premed.

Then they couldn't even handle gen Chen and they had to try something else

not to mention that it's probably harder to get an MD then a doctorate in any other field. I can't think of another with more grueling hours complex studies and finally more responsibility then being a doctor. And none any more of a target for the predatory personal injury law firms. I have no disrespect for any science mathematics engineering etc I just think medicine is the hardest row to hoe.

it amazes me sometimes that so many people think that kind of service and dedication should be free.

WSS

not to mention that it's probably harder to get an MD then a doctorate in any other field. I can't think of another with more grueling hours complex studies and finally more responsibility then being a doctor. And none any m. ore of a target for the predatory personal injury law firms. I have no disrespect for any science mathematics engineering etc I just think medicine is the hardest row to hoe.

it amazes me sometimes that so many people think that kind of service and dedication should be free.

WSS

Free? No. But doctors that do it for the money can get fucked. You're supposed to become a doctor to help people not rake them over the coals. They should be charging a fair wage not raping your ass for every service. And you guys can be as dumb as you want to be. Whether its because the medical establishment got used to billing faceless insurance companies or because they are soulless money grubbing vampires is not for me to say, but we're all way way way overpaying for their services.

Free? No. But doctors that do it for the money can get fucked. You're supposed to become a doctor to help people not rake them over the coals. They should be charging a fair wage not raping your ass for every service. And you guys can be as dumb as you want to be. Whether its because the medical establishment got used to billing faceless insurance companies or because they are soulless money grubbing vampires is not for me to say, but we're all way way way overpaying for their services.

I have a suggestion since you seem to hate America and democracy, get the fuck out and move to Canada or Europe.

a little bit ironic since we have come together here because of a shared enthusiasm for a sport that really pays illiterate thugs millions of dollars. Also weren't you just bragging about not giving a shit about destroying the Earth so you can buy shit for your kids? Just checking altruism boy. but hey if I were you I'd hang tough. There are plenty of openings in the Christian Scientist church. The kid gets sick? Pray.

;)

WSS

not to mention that it's probably harder to get an MD then a doctorate in any other field. I can't think of another with more grueling hours complex studies and finally more responsibility then being a doctor. And none any more of a target for the predatory personal injury law firms. I have no disrespect for any science mathematics engineering etc I just think medicine is the hardest row to hoe.

WSS

thats a major cost for any doctor - malpractice insurance... and that gets passed along to us!

part of the so called insurance reform included tort reform! but that went unnoticed or conviently sidestepped?

but you are right, the lawyers are firmly entrenched :mad:

a little bit ironic since we have come together here because of a shared enthusiasm for a sport that really pays illiterate thugs millions of dollars. Also weren't you just bragging about not giving a shit about destroying the Earth so you can buy shit for your kids? Just checking altruism boy. but hey if I were you I'd hang tough. There are plenty of openings in the Christian Scientist church. The kid gets sick? Pray.

;)

WSS

We already discussed how much I pay for health care. And like I said before ill help wheel out the guillotine for Rand Paul and have his head up on a stick before I voluntarily pay a cent more. They deserve less of our money not more. How you guys can sit there and wear stupid teabag hats and bitch about taxes because its the government and smile big while the private medical establishment is going to town on your ass is beyond me

Archived