THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini Joins 49Ers Staff

roach

Coach Mangini is joining SF's staff as an Offensive consultant. SF is staying ahead of the curve by hiring a defensive guru to consult on how he'd prepare against Kaepernick and the 49er offense. Congrats to them and Coach Mangini. Great move for both.

I'll be rooting for the 49ers this year and for Cribbs on the Raiders.

Mangina,was is and will still be a shit coach...maybe this is good for him...

But Mangini looked great on ESPN ... very dapper, smiling and friendly, and sounded very convincing! You just would never know that Mangini was a neanderthal as a coach in CLeveland.

Mike Lombardi was good on TV, too! Then you have Orel Hersheiser who is a big-time ESPN anaylst but couldn't figure out that maybe when you give up a three run homer in a big World Series game to a guy you don't come back and give him another pitch he can hit out of the park.

I think you know more about football than Mangini and Lombardi, and more about baseball then Hersheiser ... i really do. And i think you would sparkle on televison and all of that knowledge would come through.

Zombo

I think you know more about football than Mangini and Lombardi, and more about baseball then Hersheiser ... i really do. And i think you would sparkle on televison and all of that knowledge would come through.

Zombo

I absolutely would make better draft selections than Mangini and Lombardi, no question about that. Think about Lombardi's "great" decisions as Shamarko Thomas intercepts Weeden, Tavon Austin dazzles the NFL, Mingo struggles as a rookie, Kellen Davis drops passes left and right, the Browns can't stop the run, QBs throw scores of TD passes against the Browns' secondary, and Philip Thomas and Bacari Rambo play a lot for the Redskins this season.

I absolutely would make better draft selections than Mangini and Lombardi, no question about that. Think about Lombardi's "great" decisions as Shamarko Thomas intercepts Weeden, Tavon Austin dazzles the NFL, Mingo struggles as a rookie, Kellen Davis drops passes left and right, the Browns can't stop the run, QBs throw scores of TD passes against the Browns' secondary, and Philip Thomas and Bacari Rambo play a lot for the Redskins this season.

There is so much in here I want to bash you for, but all I am going to say is that playing aolt and being good are two different things. You yourself have made that abundantly clear.

While Mangini may have not gotten the best players in the draft, he was the best coach we've had since reinception. The team was competitive and played hard.

with that said it is in the past and I'm glad to have Chud and Norv.

Mangini was a good coach and I have nothing but respect for him. Happy he is coaching again. And for all you naysayers they know what they are doing in SF and if they are bringing in Mangini that is because they recognize the value he brings.

There is so much in here I want to bash you for, but all I am going to say is that playing aolt and being good are two different things. You yourself have made that abundantly clear.

And we thank you for your wonderful contributions that focus almost primarily on personally bashing other people you don't agree with.

Mangina,was is and will still be a shit coach...maybe this is good for him...

wrong.

But Mangini looked great on ESPN ... very dapper, smiling and friendly, and sounded very convincing! You just would never know that Mangini was a neanderthal as a coach in CLeveland.

Mike Lombardi was good on TV, too! Then you have Orel Hersheiser who is a big-time ESPN anaylst but couldn't figure out that maybe when you give up a three run homer in a big World Series game to a guy you don't come back and give him another pitch he can hit out of the park.

wrong and stoopid.

you've got to be one of the most against-the-grain pompous asses we've had on this board since late-nite ghoulie. you disagree just to disagree.

just STFU already, dick breath.

wrong.

wrong and stoopid.

you've got to be one of the most against-the-grain pompous asses we've had on this board since late-nite ghoulie. you disagree just to disagree.

just STFU already, dick breath.

Im right..and the fact he has no head coaching gig solidifies it...hes a loser.. he was conservative,close to the vest and coached to lose games...he failed with brett favre...the guy is a total loser as a coach.

Mangini is the guy who thought the Jets didn't need Favre because they had Kellen Clemens. He's never understood the quarterback position in his life... which means you're a defensive coordinator. Which he'll be again at some point for the Niners and that ain't a bad gig at all.

Mangini and Colt probably limit a team to five wins just by standing near the building.

Mangini was a great coach fired by the Walrus after showing dramatic improvement. Not that it matters now.

for all those who hate belichick, you have to admit he is one of the greatest coaches of all time. there is no denying it. and for belichick to see something in mangini and teach him to coach, well you all sound as blind deaf and dumb as skeptical2013.

Mangini was a great coach fired by the Walrus after showing dramatic improvement. Not that it matters now.

dramatic improvement? By those standards shurmur should still have a job.

Romeo was the best coach we had......Which isnt saying alot

for all those who hate belichick, you have to admit he is one of the greatest coaches of all time. there is no denying it. and for belichick to see something in mangini and teach him to coach, well you all sound as blind deaf and dumb as skeptical2013.

Mangini was very questionable in motiviating players and evaluating talent and, like many Belichick disciples, one of his weaknesses was bringing in mediocre talent from his old teams, players who are quickly jettisoned once a new regime arrives and mangini leaves. The reason: Most of Mangini's "guys" aren't very good.

Mangini was very questionable in motiviating players and evaluating talent and, like many Belichick disciples, one of his weaknesses was bringing in mediocre talent from his old teams, players who are quickly jettisoned once a new regime arrives and mangini leaves. The reason: Most of Mangini's "guys" aren't very good.

Mangini should never have been thrust into the role of having to be GM and HC. That was absurd, but required apparently by the chaos in the FO above Mangini.

The same situation with Butch Davis....who probably actually was the best coach we have had. He just also should never have been required to play the GM/Club President role.

Archived