THE BROWNS BOARD

Vonta Leach

utzie

Looks like he's getting released by the Ravens. Do you guys think the Browns should take a look at him? Certainly wouldn't be a downgrade from Marecic or Smelley. May be worth it for a one or two year contract. Thoughts?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000210637/article/report-baltimore-ravens-set-to-release-or-deal-vonta-leach?campaign=Twitter_atl

I'd replace marecic sp? in a NY second with Leach. One year contract....

he's 31, a bit expensive if he won't sign for less than he was making.

yes. he's a bully on offense and he made some great fingertip catches last year that most FBs would have certainly dropped...but i too have doubts he'd play for Cle. it seemed apparent to me Leach literally thrived and reveled on beating the Browns. like it was personal and an ego boost to him.

From ESPN's AFC North Blog Today.

The Browns are among the teams that have expressed interest in Vonta Leach, the Pro Bowl fullback's agent told a Houston television station. Leach was cut Tuesday by the Ravens after the sides couldn't agree to a restructured deal. The Houston Texans, New York Giants and Kansas City Chiefs are also in the mix for Leach, who visited the Miami Dolphins on Wednesday. The Browns are in need of an established lead blocker for Trent Richardson. Owen Marecic, the only pure fullback on the roster, was benched last season.

Archived