THE BROWNS BOARD

Beanie and laurinitis

Solon16

Bust or boom

JL = average ILB

Beanie= all star and all pro IR list

Maualuga = all- pro

Knowshon moreno= will he take the pounding???? NO = reggie bush

I love laurinitis kid...plays with heart but I wouldn't draft him in first round...Beanie= 5 is too high though... I love him as a rb my feeling is he has dainte stallworthitis...hope not, but @ #5 NO!

Say @ #5 Curry and Crabtree are gone....very very possible....Orakpo? Raji? or Rey M? or someone else? your call, I've made my arguement for REY M very very few of you agree....so be it.... who would you pick if Curry and Crabtree are gone @5 and we can't trade down :ph34r:

if those two are both gone by the time we pick, it means there's a choice for us between an awesome offensive tackle or two everette brown, rey, raji and orakpo. in this scenario, pretty much the only one i don't want is orakpo. i'd even be happy with malcolm jenkins if we can't get curry or crabtree or trade down, and percy harvin is one of the more intriguing prospects in the draft.

rey's looked better this week than i though he would, and looked very effective as a blitzer.

however, the guy i really want is larry english, who's rising fast and probably won't be around in the second. though most would argue that five is way, way too high to take him, he looks to me to be the real deal. and if a coach has confidence in his pick, he should get his guy. if i were picking and couldn't get curry, i would have to seriously consider taking english in addition to guys like oher, andre smith, rey, raji, everette brown and malcolm jenkins.

Laurinitis boom or bust? beanie?

In the right 4-3 system where laurinaitis could play a weak side LB he'll be a very good player. I'd be shocked to see him playing in the middle. His strengths, are his fluid hips, lateral quickness, burst and good hands ( 9 INT's at OSU). His weakness is shedding blocks.

That translates to a weak side LB in a 4-3 system. A system where he can roam, cover and be in pursuit.

In the right 4-3 system where laurinaitis could play a weak side LB he'll be a very good player. I'd be shocked to see him playing in the middle. His strengths, are his fluid hips, lateral quickness, burst and good hands ( 9 INT's at OSU). His weakness is shedding blocks.

That translates to a weak side LB in a 4-3 system. A system where he can roam, cover and be in pursuit.

Agree. In the right system, Lauranaitis will be very good. And if Beanie can stay healthy, I think he can be great. I've seen him make DI defensive players look like High School JVs on numerous occasions.

Laurinitis has a nose for the ball and is a great blitzer he finds ways to get to the QB thats what makes him hard to passs on. He may not be a 5 pick but to a team that has a bunch of pussies at LB like us we could use him. I guarantee he would make them play him just because he is that good.

of course you can take the Phil Savage approach and always think the grass is greener outside of the Ohio state fence

Laurinitis is average and over-hyped! Also NOT a 3-4 LB! End of story

I'm still trying to figure out who has over hyped him. Was it 11 Big Ten coaches who voted him as the best defensive player in the Big Ten for two years in a row? I guess opposing coaches are now in the business of hyping players.

Or maybe they just don't know what they are talking about?

I never saw him getting much hype in the media. The media doesn't hype anything to do with OSU football.

I'll just never understand this one thing.....How is it the Buckeyes have won four straight Big Ten titles and in 7 years played in three NC games, winning one, with a lousy Head coach and over hyped players?

You put JL in a Will spot in the right 4-3 defense and he'll be a big success.

I'm still trying to figure out who has over hyped him. Was it 11 Big Ten coaches who voted him as the best defensive player in the Big Ten for two years in a row? I guess opposing coaches are now in the business of hyping players.

Or maybe they just don't know what they are talking about?

I never saw him getting much hype in the media. The media doesn't hype anything to do with OSU football.

I'll just never understand this one thing.....How is it the Buckeyes have won four straight Big Ten titles and in 7 years played in three NC games, winning one, with a lousy Head coach and over hyped players?

You put JL in a Will spot in the right 4-3 defense and he'll be a big success.

I think we have a great Head Coach....... :blink:

Ummmm.....

Brent Mushbooger?

Ever hear of him? If you haven't heard him hype Laryngitis and almost anything anOSU, it's probably because he was too busy stuffing the Sweatervest's manmeat in his mouth.

And just a tip...I wouldn't be so quick to bring up the BCS title games in defense of Tressel and the players. It's kind of like bringing up DA's stellar Pro Bowl appearance to suggest he's a great (or even good) QB.

Ummmm.....

Brent Mushbooger?

Ever hear of him? If you haven't heard him hype Laryngitis and almost anything anOSU, it's probably because he was too busy stuffing the Sweatervest's manmeat in his mouth.

And just a tip...I wouldn't be so quick to bring up the BCS title games in defense of Tressel and the players. It's kind of like bringing up DA's stellar Pro Bowl appearance to suggest he's a great (or even good) QB.

Guys like you are disgusting.....It takes all I can muster to respond to idiots who talk about Homosexuel oral sex in reference to a sporting event. You really have to have a mental illness to be able to get that disgusting.

Musberger over hypes him huh? What, in the two or three Buckeye games he covered in the last couple of years? I'd like to know how a national TV announcer with zero clout with the NFL can over hype a guy in two or three games and thus influence scouts and NFL coaches. You are a real rocket scientist.

The media as a whole shows no love for the Buckeyes. ESPN is especially guilty of this. Before this season we heard over and over how The Buckeyes and Tressel had failed in two straight NC games. How many times before OU's loss in the NC game this year had anyone heard about OU and Stoop's four straight BCS losses? ESPN never mentioned it until this Title game loss.

And a tip for you....Your analogy or comparison may be one of the most ridiculous analogies I ever read or heard. Three NC games and 5 or 6 Big Ten titles being compared to DA's one successful season.....Again, more intelligent conversation.

If Jim tressel had had one really successful season, as in 2002, and then had no success following that one season you could possibly use that comparison or analogy.

Do not take a grown man who refers to himself as 'beanie' and is injured all the d-mn time

I agree about his injuries. I wouldn't touch him. Not only because of his injuries but I question his heart. There were times when many people questioned his heart. Chris Spielman did it on the radio during an episode of Buckeye round table.

OK BACK TO THE REASON FOR THIS THREAD...............

Bust or boom

JL = average ILB

Maualuga = all- pro

SOMEONE CALLED FOR AN ACCOUNTING...I'M ON RECORD...WILL YOU BE?

OK BACK TO THE REASON FOR THIS THREAD...............

Bust or boom

JL = average ILB

Maualuga = all- pro

SOMEONE CALLED FOR AN ACCOUNTING...I'M ON RECORD...WILL YOU BE?

Agreed with all of the above save for Mr Wells - 'beanie' will get hurt in preseason; fall out of the league and become another Maurice act

Agreed with all of the above save for Mr Wells - 'beanie' will get hurt in preseason; fall out of the league and become another Maurice act

Or, "Beanie" could shrug off the injury myth like one Adrian Peterson (who had many more injuries in college than Beanie) and become one of the top RBs in the league. Thats my prediction.

Or, "Beanie" could shrug off the injury myth like one Adrian Peterson (who had many more injuries in college than Beanie) and become one of the top RBs in the league. Thats my prediction.

Mr beanie has had injury issues since High School...it comes down to heart and desire; I believe he is lacking in both

Just my opinion

We'll see about Beanie, but to compare him to Claret is crazy. He has never been in any trouble in his life. Claret was a troubled individual from day one. Personally, I think Wells is going to be the best back of the '09 class. I'm on the record. ;)

We'll see about Beanie, but to compare him to Claret is crazy. He has never been in any trouble in his life. Claret was a troubled individual from day one. Personally, I think Wells is going to be the best back of the '09 class. I'm on the record. ;)

Agreed; my Mo reference was more out of frustration; the man has all of the talent in the world but always seems hurt or complanining like a little b-tch

Guys like you are disgusting.....It takes all I can muster to respond to idiots who talk about Homosexuel oral sex in reference to a sporting event. You really have to have a mental illness to be able to get that disgusting.

Girls like you are amusing, in that you think you are so damned witty, yet everything just flies right over your head.

Musberger over hypes him huh? What, in the two or three Buckeye games he covered in the last couple of years? I'd like to know how a national TV announcer with zero clout with the NFL can over hype a guy in two or three games and thus influence scouts and NFL coaches.

Well, that sounds rather different than your initial assertion:

Now that I've quoted what YOU said for the second time, perhaps you can comprehend it. Last I checked, Brent Mussberger (you know, the guy who does pretty much every national game anOSU has?) is indeed considered a member of the media. Silly me, considering a commentator on a national network broadcast part of "the media." I guess I should start taking my pills again.

And where the hell did I suggest that Mussberger has any influence on NFL coaches/scouts/waterboys/whomever? Nice try at propping up a straw man to beat down while attempting to insult me.

You are a real rocket scientist.

I prefer Aerospace Engineer, thank you.

And a tip for you....Your analogy or comparison may be one of the most ridiculous analogies I ever read or heard. Three NC games and 5 or 6 Big Ten titles being compared to DA's one successful season.....Again, more intelligent conversation.

If Jim tressel had had one really successful season, as in 2002, and then had no success following that one season you could possibly use that comparison or analogy.

Here's a freebie for you. If you're going to critique what someone says, at least understand it first. Tressel went to 3 MNC games and his team got owned in 2 of the 3, so it shouldn't be one of the first things an intelligent <--- (key word, there) person would bring up "in his defense," if you will. Much like Luvbergh doesn't do his argument any favors when he points out that DA is a "Pro Bowl QB," despite the fact that all it does is remind everyone how shit-tastically he played in that game.

You've made some good posts on here oldcow, and I hope you continue to make many more. Just don't be so quick to get your panties all in a bunch.

Archived