THE BROWNS BOARD

Flying J To Repay Rebates

jrb12711

I figured this was worth a new thread but if you all want to merge it with the big one no worries. It's no big surprise but the company has already agreed to a settlement with the main players cheated out of rebate money. Interesting article worth reading, it seems like ol' Jimmy stepped up to the plate.

http://news.yahoo.com/pilot-flying-j-repay-trucking-154643550.html

Most interesting quote from the article: "Barrett said the settlement offers customers the most complete relief he has seen in more than 40 years of practicing law, and he said much of that was due to Jimmy Halsam, "who stepped up to the plate and did the right thing."

Idk if he's doing that to win favor in the eyes of the IRS, but it definitely can't hurt.

I figured this was worth a new thread but if you all want to merge it with the big one no worries. It's no big surprise but the company has already agreed to a settlement with the main players cheated out of rebate money. Interesting article worth reading, it seems like ol' Jimmy stepped up to the plate.

http://news.yahoo.com/pilot-flying-j-repay-trucking-154643550.html

Most interesting quote from the article: "Barrett said the settlement offers customers the most complete relief he has seen in more than 40 years of practicing law, and he said much of that was due to Jimmy Halsam, "who stepped up to the plate and did the right thing."

Idk if he's doing that to win favor in the eyes of the IRS, but it definitely can't hurt.

Anything that JH does,atleast shows he cares...atleast perception wise...Its like Jimmy confessing guilt without really proclaiming it...But atleast taking the bull by the horns and,Making restitution.

The lawsuits won't mean much to the NFL. It's the FBI investigation that will determine Jimmy's fate in the eyes of the NFL. If he's indicted, he's done. If he "TRULEY" didn't know then I think he's OK.

The way I see it is this can't look bad for Haslam. It was probably the easy choice to make but we've all seen how large corporations can be stupid about this. It doesn't unfortunately help or hurt the possible IRS probe other than doing what would be required in paying these people back.

While this is the civil proceedings, it can't hurt to make those customers whole again. Shows a bit of good faith.

However, it isn't likely to have much if any impact on the possible criminal proceedings forthcoming.

I read one article that said that the federal judge overlooking the case agreed to the repayment but I think it was only for 8 of the 22 who filed suits. 1 case was already dismissed so that leaves 13 cases that still need to be settled.

Archived