THE BROWNS BOARD

Clowney Recently Ran Sub 4.5 40-Yard Dash

tampadawgs

i thought he had some sort of degenerate neck or spine issue?

all i know is the scouts who have somehow talked to him said do not even play a down this year in college, sit it out for whatever reason (prob health) and he'd be guaranteed #1 pick.

everyone that knows calls me a downer and a pessimist. these kids that do great in college are not guaranteed to do great in the NFL and one great hit does not make a great college career.

either way we will be rolling the dice once again. but i really doubt that we'll be drafting DE with our first pick next year with what we did in FA this year and with sheard and mingo set to rock.

With a freak like Clowney, and with how much our FO loves to draft pass rushers, it would happen. Having said that we could also get a kings ransom for trading the if we unfortunatly had it.

Man, we have too many OLBs (pass rushers) as it is. I can't predict Clowney to the Brownies. If Weeden works out (please!), I could see a TE, corner, guard, or ILB. No top 10 needs there so if we do end up drafting 9th or something, we could trade down.

I don't know who would favor them. They went 4-7 last season and lost to some pretty bad teams.

The teams they played strong were weak teams, like SC State and NC Central and barely bested them.

I think you're giving them way too much credit. If Michigan were playing them next season, you'd be talking about how crappy of a team they are.

The worst part of this whole thing? I'm a Buckeye fan.

OK, perhaps I am confusing them with these new and upcoming Florida schools that seem to be blossoming in talent....may Florida Atlantic/Florida International/South Florida/Central Florida

I think that they are trying to come up with a sort of "MAC South" by adding these new Fla. teams to the FBS roles.

In fact, there are now 4 new teams that will come into the FBS roles in the next few years, all in the south: Georgia Souther, Appalachian St., UN-Charlotte, Old Dominion.

They will all be joining either the Sun Belt conf. or Conference USA which conferences include other newbies to Div. I like Texas St., UT-San Antonio, Middle Tennessee, La. Lafayette, Troy.

Starting next year (or year after, I forgot) B1G schools won't be allowed to schedule FCS schools

Well, that is good. Though with the proliferation of new FBS schools, they don't have to dip into the FCS level.

Here is Ohio States non-conference opponents for the next several years:

2013: Buffalo, San Diego St., @ Cal, Florida A&M

2014: Navey, Kent St., Va. Tech, Cincinnati

2015: N. Illinois, @ Va. Tech, TBA

2016: Bowling Green, Tulsa, @ Oklahoma

2017: Oklahoma, @ North Carolina, TBA

2018: Cincinnati, @TCU, North Carolina

2019: TCU, TBA, TBA

2020: @Oregon, Boston College, TBA

2021: Oregon, @ Boston College, TBA

2022: @Texas, TBA, TBA

2023: Texas, TBA, TBA

And just FYI, here is Meeshugun's non conference future schedules:

2013: Cent. Michigan, Notre Dame, Akron, @Connecticut

2014: Appalachian St., @ Notre Dame, Miami Oh., Utah

2015: @Utah, Oregon St., UNLV, BYU

2016: Hawaii, Colorado, Ball St.

2017: Cincinnati, TBA, TBA

2018: Arkansas, TBA, TBA

2019: @Arkansas, TBA, TBA

2020: Va. Tech, TBA, TBA

2021: @Va. Tech, TBA, TBA

Man, we have too many OLBs (pass rushers) as it is. I can't predict Clowney to the Brownies. If Weeden works out (please!), I could see a TE, corner, guard, or ILB. No top 10 needs there so if we do end up drafting 9th or something, we could trade down.

If the Browns are in position to take Clowney, and if it is believed that he is the talent that people think he is, then you take him regardless of need.

I am really hoping that this roster gets to the point where, in the draft, all the Browns have to say is: whoever the best player is out there, regardless of need, we take him. (The ONLY exception to this might be the QB position...you go for a QB high, you commit to him as your future starter.)

I don't know. There is a lot of sentiment to not just have the Heisman be a QB/RB award. If the guy stays healthy and has a monster season I think there would be a huge movement to have the first pure defensive player to win the award. i

i am too of that sentiment, but it never happens.

If the Browns are in position to take Clowney, and if it is believed that he is the talent that people think he is, then you take him regardless of need.

I am really hoping that this roster gets to the point where, in the draft, all the Browns have to say is: whoever the best player is out there, regardless of need, we take him. (The ONLY exception to this might be the QB position...you go for a QB high, you commit to him as your future starter.)

that's why even fans that didn't like the weeden pick (me included) hopes the guy steps up.

I don't care who is there, if we had the chance to draft Clowney and passed, I find a strong rope and hang myself from my deck....it's a good 12 feet off the ground at one end.

This guy is a once every 25 year defensive player..... He dominates games every week. He'll do the same in the NFL after a season or two. I am thinking a little LeRoy Selmon, mixed with some Bruce Smith, with some Randy White punch them in the mouth attitude.....add in some Deacon Jones speed off the edge.

You don't pass that unless some village is missing their idiot.

I'm an unabashed needs drafter like Dimitroff. You look at all your needs... THEN take the best guy available at the position of most impact. Also believe in that, positional impact.

If you're already getting to the quarterback a lot, just "solving a problem twice" (Lombardi) doesn't really win you anything. I suspect with Kruger, Mingo, and Sheard, we'll be rattling the cage.

I agree, though, that it'd be nice to not need a bunch of starters really bad. Corner, safety, guard, TE seem possible but all could be solved already.

Archived