THE BROWNS BOARD

Mingo's Contract Delayed

calfoxwc

From Rotoworld:

"According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, No. 6 overall pick OLB Barkevious Mingo's contract has been delayed by the Browns' insistence on "offset language."

The Dolphins and No. 3 overall pick Dion Jordan are going through a similar battle. With offset language, if a player is released before his four-year, fully-guaranteed deal has expired, then the original team only has to pay the difference between what it owed the player and what he'll make from his new team. Browns rookies report for training camp on Friday, but Mingo may not be under contract until the full squad reports on July 25."
I imagine this is commonplace with most of the NFL. Should be. Either way, the player get's his full salary expected....

A smart player/agent will handle the money first, if they don't they are fully Retarded as fuck. I may agree with you diehardbrownsfan about not proving anything, but that's not the system we have been using, so i got nothing to say when they want to handle the contract because i would also as it is.

same old song and dance.

maybe he'll be smart and hire jay-z as his agent.

dumb motherfuckers. must be great to be born a beast and be able to withstand punishment dressed in cleats and pads.

how many freakin regular people in this country would give their middle finger just to whiff the amount of money these douchebags are going to make.

love him as a player, but if not for him being a football star he'd probably be carrying cases of wine out to my car.

edit: and BTW anyone that gets espnu might want to watch the top 22 game of 2012. mingo looks really good and quick but not as smart (obviously) as he did last year. first play i saw mingo misread the option keep and some hb from ole miss just ran it in from 45 yds out.

No-brainer, he'll be in camp.

He's 6'4 and runs like a deer. Kruger is 6'5 and stronger than shit. Sheard is 6'3 with huge guns and wheels ... We are going to fuck people up.

Zombo

No-brainer, he'll be in camp.

He's 6'4 and runs like a deer. Kruger is 6'5 and stronger than shit. Sheard is 6'3 with huge guns and wheels ... We are going to fuck people up.

Zombo

yes sir!!

that's why those other threads of power rankings mean nothing to me.

until espn chokes on their own words while they show highlights of sheard getting up from a rotator-cuff injured flacco or mingo dancing atop a kidney shot BR they can all go fuck themselves.

just hope our 3rd tier of defense can hold their own.

As I stated in a previous post, we always wait until the week before reporting to get started on contracts. If we would have begun a month or two ago this crap would have been done. The only thing I hate about training camp is the constant year in and year out BS of contracts. Are we really so concerned that we might release Mingo in the first 4 years that offset language is even necessary. When have we ever released a first round pick in less than 4 years?

As I stated in a previous post, we always wait until the week before reporting to get started on contracts. If we would have begun a month or two ago this crap would have been done. The only thing I hate about training camp is the constant year in and year out BS of contracts. Are we really so concerned that we might release Mingo in the first 4 years that offset language is even necessary. When have we ever released a first round pick in less than 4 years?

Seven of the top 10 pick aren't signed yet. This isn't a Browns thing, it's an NFL thing. I don't disagree it's stupid especially with the revised contracts but it's not like the Browns are the only team doing this. Also, plenty of first round picks aren't with the same team 4 years later. A couple million bucks doesn't seem like much but it can make a huge difference in signing players down the road.

Archived