THE BROWNS BOARD

The End Review

The End

Sony

R 107 min

So this is a great example of why my policy of trying to stay completely oblivious to films before I see them is a great plan. As a matter of fact I suggest that everyone who plans to see a movie at all, go see it first and then come back and read the reviews to see if you agree. I had absolutely no idea that the end would be what it is beyond the fact that it starred Seth Rogen and it might be about about the end of the world. So now take your copy of the voice fold it up lock it in your glove compartment go see the film then pull it out and see if I'm wrong. It wouldn't be the first time somebody disagreed with me. To be completely honest I loved this film and a great deal of that appreciation stems from the fact that it was just so outside that I was surprised at almost every turn. (Actually I did hear from the ticket guy that he had heard it was similar to the hangover but that was BS). Not in the slightest, except for some vulgar humor, and trust me, gang, there's plenty of that. Now I cant be freaked out by that but oftentimes is dirt for its own sake, but here its funny as hell.

The cast is basically Seth Rogen and a bunch of his Hollywood pals including Jar Baruchel Jonah Hill and others which is not a surprise in itself but they all play themselves. Jay has come back to Los Angeles, (which he hates), to visit his pal Rogan who wants to go to a housewarming party at the new mansion of James Franco at which most of the others (who Jay also hates) are invited guests. Well everyone except antagonists Danny McBride who's crashed the party. Rogen and Jay take a short walk to a convenience store to buy snacks when all hell seems to break loose. The world around them is shaking and quaking as giant sinkholes open up as buildings topple while blue pillars of light zap citizens into the sky. I assumed it was an extraterrestrial attack but wait... When the to return to the party freaking out about what they'd seen no one believes them, that is, not until all those crazy things start happening there. Natural disaster or alien invasion who knows but pretty soon there are six friends left trapped in the house and chances of survival look grim.

So now its just about any silly situation you can think of with six guys in survival mode.

And enough F bombs to put the Church Lady into a coma.

Warning if you dont like Rogens ridiculous style of humor you might possibly hate THE END.

I loved it.

B+

WSS

Well we disagree on that paper. As a matter of fact I really liked Dane Cook's first special even though I found his second one wasn't up to the first.

But I like both those guys a great deal.

WSS

Well, I have a much more acute, refined, and sophisticated sense of humor than you do. That is: I like my comedy to be funny.

Dane Cook and Seth Rogen don't score on that account. B)

dane cook's first special WAS hilarious.

the only other thing good he did was die in 'mr. brooks' which is one of the most under-rated serial killer movies out there.

seth rogan blows and has made some terrible film making decisions.

him and barbara streisand as his mother on a road trip for an interview across country? shoot me now.

dane cook's first special WAS hilarious.

the only other thing good he did was die in 'mr. brooks' which is one of the most under-rated serial killer movies out there.

seth rogan blows and has made some terrible film making decisions.

him and barbara streisand as his mother on a road trip for an interview across country? shoot me now.

I will agree that Cook was very good in his role in Mr. Brooks...the role of the asshole which he is perfect for, gotta give him credit on that score....and I also agree that it is one of the most underrated "killer thrillers" out there. The interplay between Costner and his imaginary friend played by William Hurt was tremendous.

Archived