THE BROWNS BOARD

One Hell of a Man

listercat

My father was just shy of this generation; he is a Korean War veteran and raised myself, sister and brother in Rocky River...I cherish every day I can call and hear his voice or come home and spend some time....

Dante is such an effective representation of this population; a group of folks that in my opinion we can never really repay

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index....ything_but.html

My father was just shy of this generation; he is a Korean War veteran and raised myself, sister and brother in Rocky River...I cherish every day I can call and hear his voice or come home and spend some time....

Dante is such an effective representation of this population; a group of folks that in my opinion we can never really repay

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index....ything_but.html

Good for you lister. You have the right attitude. I lost my dad suddenly. No goodbyes. 7 years later it still hurts a lot. Never take him for granted.

My dad was also a Korean war vet, by the way.

Possibly the greatest post this board, in all its forms, has ever seen.

Beanpot

Yeah, the fact he mentioned Rocky River bumped it to the top, but I would have said nearly the same thing if he told the tale while using an inferior city as a background

BTW, Dante's shop was located directly next to the place that taught me how to drive a car. Remember that Lister? Those that decided to ignore the RRHS drivers ed (hand in the air) went to that "school" and were instructed to just kind of get by.

Still can't drive stick. Bastards.

Beanpot

BTW, Dante's shop was located directly next to the place that taught me how to drive a car. Remember that Lister? Those that decided to ignore the RRHS drivers ed (hand in the air) went to that "school" and were instructed to just kind of get by.

Still can't drive stick. Bastards.

Beanpot

Beans; that really brings me back...I used to work at the Locker Bros Gulf......man; good stuff

Guest 88fingerslewy

Thanks Lister,

Dad died 5 years ago right around Christmas.

Alzheimers.

For close to a year he thought I was someone he used to work with.

That sucked a ton.

Here's to our folks and what they showed us.

Archived