THE BROWNS BOARD

Safety Not Guaranteed

Just noticed this section of the Forums and thought I'd throw out a few quick blurbs on some Movies I haven't seen mentioned.

Here's the gist of this Film :

Three magazine employees head out on an assignment to interview a guy who placed a classified ad seeking a companion for time travel.

This is an Indie Film, so there wasn't any advertising at all that I can recall, and there is definitely a Seattle/Southwest Washington feel to the Movie, since that's where this was produced.

No big name Stars, with the exception of a Cameo by someone you should easily recognize.

This is a bit of Chick Flick, a good movie to watch with your wife/girlfriend, but is actually a pretty good Movie.

I've watched this twice with my wife, and will probably watch it again at some point.

Like all things, not everyone will like it, but I'd give it a solid B+

Just noticed this section of the Forums and thought I'd throw out a few quick blurbs on some Movies I haven't seen mentioned.

Here's the gist of this Film :

This is an Indie Film, so there wasn't any advertising at all that I can recall, and there is definitely a Seattle/Southwest Washington feel to the Movie, since that's where this was produced.

No big name Stars, with the exception of a Cameo by someone you should easily recognize.

This is a bit of Chick Flick, a good movie to watch with your wife/girlfriend, but is actually a pretty good Movie.

I've watched this twice with my wife, and will probably watch it again at some point.

Like all things, not everyone will like it, but I'd give it a solid B+

ok, cool. so what's it about (without giving away the ending)?

that's the way this thing works.

then we give opinions based on your thoughts and ours.

thanks for bringing this up though. there are a lot of movies that haven't been mentioned on here. i'm a huge fan of old italian 'giallo' movies but they are old and really not relevant to this section of the forum. now i like what i see coming out of korea.

then again a movie like 'antichrist' and 'the human centipede' will brings tears to my eyes.

ok, cool. so what's it about (without giving away the ending)?

that's the way this thing works.

then we give opinions based on your thoughts and ours.

thanks for bringing this up though. there are a lot of movies that haven't been mentioned on here. i'm a huge fan of old italian 'giallo' movies but they are old and really not relevant to this section of the forum. now i like what i see coming out of korea.

then again a movie like 'antichrist' and 'the human centipede' will brings tears to my eyes.

Well, I've seen some posts were others have put up a Movie with the hopes that WSS would put up a review of them, he does a pretty good job from what I've seen.

I watch quite a few Movies, have a rediculous DVD collection, and I thought I'd put up a few good Movies that never got the big Hollywood treatment.

I don't actually go to the Theatre to see Movies very often, it's not worth it to me to watch a soft/slighty blurry Movie so I generally pick them up when they come out on DVD.

Back on topic.

The Movie starts with Daruis, a young woman with a slight Goth aspect to her, as she is entering the job market.

She eventually lands a job as an intern at a Magazine, where she gets hooked up on an assignment to investigate some crazy Ad someone has posted :

Wanted: Someone to go back in Time with me.

This is not a joke. PO Box 91 Ocean View, WA 99393.

You'll get paid after we get back . Must bring your own weapons.

Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.

Jeff, Darius, and Arnau head out to investigate what makes the person that posted this tick.

Jeff it turns out has been here before, and he has ulterior motives.

Arnau is a bright, but uptight young man without much life experience other than going to College, and even that appears to be quite tame.

Kenneth is who they eventually find out is the person that placed the Ad, and as can be expected he's a bit on the odd side and is possible a little unstable (or is he?), but is overall an interesting character.

This is not a fast paced movie, there are a few twists, and a few subplots running throughout.

Saying much more I think would give too much away, but it's a Movie I think many might enjoy.

i love movies where the writer and director and cinematographer think outside the box.

i've got at least 300 movies on dvds which i don't even watch anymore as my whole house is inter-connected with a wireless network and anything at anytime can just be 'streamed' to you.

so now we have to annoint the 'someone checkout the movie this guy is talking about' position.

most indie movies i see nowadays are bad-ending downers and they're the last thing i want to see on a sunday night. my girl is still working and it throws her in a bad frame of mind, (if you know what i mean).

Archived