THE BROWNS BOARD

DE DT

sisky fringo

anyone here besides me think Ahtyba Rubin is a better player than Desmond Bryant? Phil Taylor?

even at a new position with a new coach, scheme and philosophy?

i am going on record as saying Rubin will have the most productive season this year on the DLine...most tackles,most tfl (DL only) ,disrupts, forced and recovered fumbles, deflects, leads in ints, passes defensed but...maybe he just might tie Taylor in sacks. i hope to see Phil used as more than just a plug up the middle because he's so athletic and has a good motor but curious to see if he uses him similar to how Lebeu uses Hampton.

i can't wait to watch those 3 this year...im going to focus in on that group all year.

also,

Winn > Hughes

No telling, but I did read something super positive about Rubes the other day, that he has a rare non-stop motor for a big body. Not to mention position versatility (I think Taylor could play "the other end" in a 3-4, too).

Winn just seems like he was born to play the 5-tech, much like Desmond Bryant, tall-ish DTs with some pass rush skills. We seem deep on the DL, much like OLB.

This front seven will be fun to watch. There is talent all over the place, lots of shiny toys to play with...

Taylor, Rubin, Bryant

Sheard, Kruger, DQ, Mingo,

Fort, Robertson, Winn and the other Kruger are all pretty solid.

Very, very nice front. IMO the best front that we will have fielded since I started watching the Browns in 99! And a damned fine secondary to boot. The defense is the identity right now as much as it pains me to say it. But Richardson, Little and Gordon, along with "my boy" Cameron are right there, especially with that beasty ass O-Line...

We just need a QB that can get the job done... To bad Colt went to SF. lol

I didn't even mention Armonty Bryant or Big John Hughes either...

anyone here besides me think Ahtyba Rubin is a better player than Desmond Bryant? Phil Taylor?

Bryant... yes. Taylor... No.

At 6'6 Bryant is a tad long to be an ideal NT, a position I think Talyor was born to play. I think Rubin can can NT, but is a more natural 4-3 DT.

I think Winn is going to shine in this 3-4 scheme. Plenty of quicks and great size to play DE.

Archived