13. Washington - Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

14. New Orleans - Rey Maualuga, LB, USC

15. Houston - Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois

16. San Diego - Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

17. NY Jets - Percy Harvin, WR, Florida

18. Chicago - Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech

19. Tampa - Chris Wells, RB, OSU

20. Detroit - James Laurinaitis, LB, OSU

21. Philadelphia - Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma St.

22. Minnesota - D.J. Moore, CB, Vanderbilt

23. New England - Sean Smith, CB-S, Utah

24. Atlanta - Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss

25. Miami - Clint Sintim, LB, Virginia

26. Baltimore - Aaron Maubin, DE, Penn State

27. Indianapolis - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

28. Philadelphia - Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma

29. NY Giants - Brian Cushing, LB, USC

30. Tennessee - Hakeem Nicks, WR, UNC

31. Arizona - LeSean McCoy, RB, Pitt

32. Pittsburgh - Max Unger, OL, Oregon

Mock w/ comments can be found here.

If Stafford, Sanchez or Crabtree are still available when we pick, it could be our best opportunity to trade down. San Fran could get cold feet waiting at #10 for QB to drop to them. Minn and Tampa Bay may look to move up in front of them.

This could be a good year to trade down to recoup other picks.

Guest Aloysius

Rumor is the Seahawks are interested in signing T.J. Houshmandzadeh. If they do, you can scratch Michael Crabtree off their list.

But that's okay, given that he may not be available at 4. According to one NFC scout, there are people within the Rams' front office pushing for them to take Crabtree at 2.

If Torry Holt is released this offseason, drafting Crabtree would make a lot of sense.

If Stafford, Sanchez or Crabtree are still available when we pick, it could be our best opportunity to trade down. San Fran could get cold feet waiting at #10 for QB to drop to them. Minn and Tampa Bay may look to move up in front of them.

This could be a good year to trade down to recoup other picks.

I agree. One of the qbs could be a target, one of the OTs could be a target for some team needing one of those.....all but Smith are likely to be on the board.

Guest Aloysius

Yeah, a lot of it depends on how highly teams rate Sanchez. You have Steuber putting him at #1, but others have him falling to the Jets at 17.

Not sure he'll offer trade-down value for us.

Here is the top 5 from GBN....a little different from some of the others.

1 Detroit

*Andre Smith OT Alabama

2 St. Louis *Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech

3 Kansas City *Matthew Stafford QB

Georgia

4 Seattle

Eugene Monroe

OT Virginia

5 Cleveland

Brian Orakpo DE

Texas

Rumor is the Seahawks are interested in signing T.J. Houshmandzadeh. If they do, you can scratch Michael Crabtree off their list.

But that's okay, given that he may not be available at 4. According to one NFC scout, there are people within the Rams' front office pushing for them to take Crabtree at 2.

If Torry Holt is released this offseason, drafting Crabtree would make a lot of sense.

Not really, since they just signed Donnie Avery last year.

Guest Aloysius

Good point. But I guess the question is whether Avery's a true #1 receiver. Besides, they don't really have anyone at WR other than Avery.

I'm sure Spagnuolo would like a pass-rusher, but there isn't one worthy of the second pick. OT is a big need, but they may wait until Round Two & hope to get another year out of Orlando Pace at LT.

Guest Aloysius

I think the Bengals could end up going OT. And if they want to bolster their pass rush, they may be better off going with Raji & hoping that bolsters their rush by allowing Pat Sims to be a situational interior rusher (he had 12 sacks his junior season at Auburn) and freeing up '08 big money FA Antwan Odom to rush off the edge.

Everette Brown very well could be an elite rusher, but I have a hard time seeing him convert to 3-4 OLB. Maybe position drills at the Combine will convince me otherwise.

I am of the belief Mora drafts a QB for seattle this year....Just a gut feeling that's been nagging me for months....Hasselbadback is getting Old and wallace/frye aren't the answer....they need someone the Groom....which also helps us huge in the draft

Guest Aloysius
I've heard he dropped into zone coverage well...

Good point. My concern is more about his read & react skills. I've seen him get out of position and lose contain while playing DE. His style seems to be get in the backfield/get after the passer; I'm not sure that translates well to converting to 3-4 OLB.

I think the Bengals could end up going OT. And if they want to bolster their pass rush, they may be better off going with Raji & hoping that bolsters their rush by allowing Pat Sims to be a situational interior rusher (he had 12 sacks his junior season at Auburn) and freeing up '08 big money FA Antwan Odom to rush off the edge.

Everette Brown very well could be an elite rusher, but I have a hard time seeing him convert to 3-4 OLB. Maybe position drills at the Combine will convince me otherwise.

How the Bengals don't draft a LT is beyond me....Palmer will be a dead man if they do not!

Guest Aloysius

The Bengals were impressed with the play of rookie OT Anthony Collins. In his first NFL start, he held James Harrison sack-less.

But with Stacy Andrews hurt & possibly leaving via FA, they may be better off moving Collins to the right side and drafting a stud LT.

OG-OT Andrew Whitworth joined the Bengals' coaching staff last week at the Senior Bowl. I wouldn't be surprised if he was hanging out with Michael Oher in the evenings.

Archived