THE BROWNS BOARD

Cuts etc.

The Gipper

Here is the schedule regarding cuts, etc:

8/27 Roster must be trimmed from 90 to 75. 4:00 pm Eastern time

8/31 Roster must be trimmed from 75 to 53. 6:00 pm Eastern time

At the same time players may be placed on the PUP, or IR or such other similar lists.

Players waived may be picked up by other teams.

9/1 Noon. Teams may name up to 8 players to a Practice Squad who have not been claimed on waivers by other teams. A club may obtain a waived player from another team and place said player on its practice squad. Practice Squad players may not have played in more than 8 games in any "accrued free agency" season. (a single player may not be placed on a Practice squad more than 3 times)

9/3 Players may be placed on Reserve/Injured Designated for Return list.

DO you think the Browns will get anyone that will help the team after all these cuts?

Maybe a PK or Punter?

And how about the Browns roster as it stands:

Probably In:

QBs: Weeden/Campbell/Hoyer

RBs: Richardson/Jackson

FB: Ogbanaya

WRs: Little/Gordon/Benjamin/Bess/Nelson

TE: Cameron/ Barnidge/Davis

OL: Thomas/Pinkston/Greco/Mack/Moffitt/Lauvao/Gilkey/Schwartz/Butler/Cousins/Shaw

DL: Rubin/Taylor/D.Bryant/Hughes/Winn/Kitchen

LB: P Kruger/Groves/Jackson/Fort/Robertson/Sheard/Mingo/Carder/Johnson

DB: Haden/Skrine/McFadden/Ward/Bademosi/Gipson/Owens/Slaughter/Wade

ST: Yount ls/Graham k/Lanning p

That is 52 I think...not taking into account any injury issues:

Guys on the Bubble:

Ryan Miller

Norwood

Cooper

Gronkowski

Smelley

Marecic

Hardesty

Possible Practice Squad:

Faulk

Cave

Roberson

Hauptmann

Aubrey

Auguste

A. Bryant

D. Kruger

Maysonet

Possible dead men walking?:

Justin Cole

Abdul Kanneh

Vernon Kearney

Nicolas Jean-Baptiste

Hall Davis

Tommy Smith

Kendrick Adams

Aaron Adams

Dominic Alford

Martin Wallace

Just speculation. Do you see it differently?

Other guys I didn't count before:

Bogotay K

Brock Bolen FB

TJ Conley P

Jamaine Cook RB

Dominque Croom WR

Mike Edwards WR

Tori Gurley WR

Naaman Roosevelt WR

Travis Tannehill TE

What chance do any of these have being stashed on one of the list....or being kept on the active roster.

Here is the schedule regarding cuts, etc:

8/27 Roster must be trimmed from 90 to 75. 4:00 pm Eastern time

8/31 Roster must be trimmed from 75 to 53. 6:00 pm Eastern time

At the same time players may be placed on the PUP, or IR or such other similar lists.

Players waived may be picked up by other teams.

9/1 Noon. Teams may name up to 8 players to a Practice Squad who have not been claimed on waivers by other teams. A club may obtain a waived player from another team and place said player on its practice squad. Practice Squad players may not have played in more than 8 games in any "accrued free agency" season. (a single player may not be placed on a Practice squad more than 3 times)

9/3 Players may be placed on Reserve/Injured Designated for Return list.

What day?

Right now IMHO:

Shaw won't make the team now that they picked up Moffitt, they can't keep 11 o-linemen.

Hardesty will make the roster and will be inactive the first 1-3 weeks, and I also think Norwood makes the final 53; however they are both bubble guys. Other bubble guys are Nelson, Cousins, Kitchen, JMJ, Wade. I think they all make the roster but could be replaced by the PS guys.

PS guys look like A.Bryant, Miller, Smelley, Aubrey, Roberson, and/or Cooper

IR for Faulk and Lewis

It's still hard to say b/c so much changes after waivers, especially practice squad guys, and typically at least one new player gets put on the 53-man roster. We'll see...

They need to allow more players to make the team... with today's injuries and the specializations of some of these players now days, there should be like 60-70 players per team, if the NFL ever wants to move to an 18-20 game season they will have to expand rosters. This should open up more opportunities for smaller name guys with talent and keeping the talent around that you've developed.

Who is going to replace Phil the Foot????????????

I don't know if you can ever truly replace Phil Dawson, you just try to lessen the impact of losing a guy of his caliber. I'd imagine the vet would get the nod and bogotay goes to the practice squad and hope somewhere down the road a young Phil Dawson crosses paths with us again.

I'd almost put David Nelson on the bubble, he's been injured so much that he hasn't really been able to show his talent. I think he's only on a one year contract, right? Presumably that was just tto get him in, see if he can perform and sign him to a longer one if he does. He hasn't, yet.

Right now IMHO:

Shaw won't make the team now that they picked up Moffitt, they can't keep 11 o-linemen.

Hardesty will make the roster and will be inactive the first 1-3 weeks, and I also think Norwood makes the final 53; however they are both bubble guys. Other bubble guys are Nelson, Cousins, Kitchen, JMJ, Wade. I think they all make the roster but could be replaced by the PS guys.

PS guys look like A.Bryant, Miller, Smelley, Aubrey, Roberson, and/or Cooper

IR for Faulk and Lewis

It's still hard to say b/c so much changes after waivers, especially practice squad guys, and typically at least one new player gets put on the 53-man roster. We'll see...

I don't think Miller (I assume you meant Ryan Miller) is eligible to be put on the PS. Note the rules above, no one that has played more than 8 games in a season can go there....and I think Miller was on the active roster all last year. The same for Cooper. Not sure about Smelley.

No?

They need to allow more players to make the team... with today's injuries and the specializations of some of these players now days, there should be like 60-70 players per team, if the NFL ever wants to move to an 18-20 game season they will have to expand rosters. This should open up more opportunities for smaller name guys with talent and keeping the talent around that you've developed.

Well, that is the point of having a 53 man roster, plus the 8 PS players...that is 61...plus the various injury lists. The Browns could easily keep up to 65 or more of the guys they got stashed somewhere.

I'd almost put David Nelson on the bubble, he's been injured so much that he hasn't really been able to show his talent. I think he's only on a one year contract, right? Presumably that was just tto get him in, see if he can perform and sign him to a longer one if he does. He hasn't, yet.

Again, may be slated for one of the injury lists.

I don't think Miller (I assume you meant Ryan Miller) is eligible to be put on the PS. Note the rules above, no one that has played more than 8 games in a season can go there....and I think Miller was on the active roster all last year. The same for Cooper. Not sure about Smelley.

No?

My mistake. You're right about Miller not being eligible. Cooper and Smelley are eligible for PS this year.

My mistake. You're right about Miller not being eligible. Cooper and Smelley are eligible for PS this year.

Actually, I may not be. PFR says that Miller played in only 6 games last year.

Josh Cooper also only played in 6

Smelley played in only 2.

So they may all be PS eligible.

Archived