THE BROWNS BOARD

127 MPH or, "I Can't Drive 55"

Zombo

Browns' Greg Little, Josh Gordon ticketed for speeding

• By Dan Hanzus

• Around the League Writer

• Published: Aug. 21, 2013 at 08:21 p.m.

• Updated: Aug. 21, 2013 at 09:45 p.m.

The Cleveland Browns have a speed issue concerning wide receivers Greg Little and Josh Gordon. It has nothing to do with their on-field performance.

Rapoport: How Browns hit 'refresh'

0ap1000000022400.jpgIan Rapoport says "new" is more than a buzzword after an organizational overhaul brightened things up in Cleveland. More ...

Little was pulled over Monday night in Strongsville, Ohio, and ticketed for driving 81 mph in a 60-mph zone, according to a Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Office citation obtained by NFL.com and NFL Network. Little also was cited for driving his 2012 Audi with expired plates and ordered to appear in a Berea court Sept. 4, four days before the Browns' season opener against the Miami Dolphins.

The ticket prompted Cleveland's WOIO-TV to do some digging. They discovered that Little admitted in the aftermath of a single-car accident in April that he was driving 127 mph.

In that accident, Cleveland police found that Little smacked a guardrail, brought down a light pole and left behind 40 yards of brake tracks. A passenger with him in the car fled. Little eventually was fined $350 for the incident.

WOIO-TV also reported that Gordon was stopped for driving 98 mph in a 60-mph zone last week. Gordon also blew off a court appearance for driving 45 mph in a 25-mph zone in May.

Pat D'Angelo, the attorney for both Little and Gordon, told WOIO-TV that his clients' issues are being resolved. The Browns also released a statement after being contacted about the players' reckless driving.

"We're aware of the situation involving the players and their unacceptable driving records," the statement read. "We take matters such as this very seriously. We've spoken to both individuals and will address the issue with the entire team."

Not smart stuff from either player.

Wish these guys would grow up. Little rips a guard rail out of the ground and continues to act like a moron. Gordon already has had issues this year and decides to blow off a court appearance?? Wtf... Its one thing to speed when your young and have a sports car... but to plow road signs and skip court... Giving these guys second and third chances get old.

Guess its still better then buying a crotch rocket and tanking in a parking lot...

Driving that fast isn't much different from a risk factor standpoint than popping reverse wheelies in a parking lot. They both need to be slapped upside the head to knock some sense into them before it's too late.

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/story/Browns-WR-drives-himself-into-trouble?blockID=931659&feedID=3659

I don't understand why these football players are so stupid. I do think that Little will learn from this at it seems his head is screwed on a little tighter than Gordon's. I bet the Browns FO is looking at next years WR class to see who they can get to replace Gordon.

Maybe they should do for these guys what the Cowboys did for Dez Bryant: require that the players hire a chauffeur to drive them around....and have the player pay for it.

These guys probably are burning money on stupid stuff....might as well use some of it to give some guys jobs that they need.

yes. it should be written into their contract when signing them if there is a past history of questionable character that after a second off field incident said player will hire an assistant/bodyguard/chauffer/babysitter.

i mean we've all done stoopid shit when we were young. the fastest i've ever driven was 120 and i started to feel as if i was putting myself AND OTHER PEOPLE in danger and cut back.

these guys have got to learn or their issues will be at the head of their resumes with or without the browns.

It's a non issue, wake up guys every day people like us get the same kind of tickets.

Yea. Sorta. I have been a Traffic Court Magistrate for over 22 years now, and have seen thousands of speeders come in front of me....but perhaps in all those years I have once had someone going as fast as 127.

Ethics dissallows me from stating what kind of sentence I would have handed him......But you are welcome to surmise.. and I can simply affirm or deny.

Yea. Sorta. I have been a Traffic Court Magistrate for over 22 years now, and have seen thousands of speeders come in front of me....but perhaps in all those years I have once had someone going as fast as 127.

Ethics dissallows me from stating what kind of sentence I would have handed him......But you are welcome to surmise.. and I can simply affirm or deny.

Would ethics also prevent you from twisting the screws just a little bit tighter if the violator was ... a Steeler?

Zombo

Would ethics also prevent you from twisting the screws just a little bit tighter if the violator was ... a Steeler?

Zombo

I have joked on a few occasions with people that wear Steeler gear into court that their fines were doubled because they wore those colors. (or...was I joking? :huh: ) Some got typical dumb...founded looks on their face, and I had to tell them I was kidding.....but with a warning that the next judge may not be so lenient if they wear that clothing into court....also a joke...maybe?

It's a non issue, wake up guys every day people like us get the same kind of tickets.

i know this is a what if....

BUT

what if when little had smacked the guardrail he had lost control and swerved into oncoming traffic killing an innocent family? or flew off the road and went head on into a tree killing himself?

it sure as hell would NOT be a 'non-issue' then.

I have joked on a few occasions with people that wear Steeler gear into court that their fines were doubled because they wore those colors. (or...was I joking? :huh: ) Some got typical dumb...founded looks on their face, and I had to tell them I was kidding.....but with a warning that the next judge may not be so lenient if they wear that clothing into court....also a joke...maybe?

what kind of loser wears a jersey/football jacket to court? it is disrespectful

what kind of loser wears a jersey/football jacket to court? it is disrespectful

why even go to court? pay the ticket and be done with it. why waste the court's time? so you get the fine reduced?

you did the crime now pay the fine. (although i understand the amount of points tapped onto your license may vary and could justify your begging a judge for mercy :( )

but to your point slowburn.... first impressions are everything and if you look like a •••••• you deserve what you get.

I've never gotten a fine for going that fast. Cause I've never gotten caught.

Ain't too many interceptors that can keep up with an R6.

Yea, I can believe that. Speaking of Interceptors, I came across this article last week:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/14/us/near-retirement-crown-vic-sparks-officers-nostalgia.html?_r=0

why even go to court? pay the ticket and be done with it. why waste the court's time? so you get the fine reduced?

you did the crime now pay the fine. (although i understand the amount of points tapped onto your license may vary and could justify your begging a judge for mercy :( )

but to your point slowburn.... first impressions are everything and if you look like a •••••• you deserve what you get.

There may be a various number of reasons to go into court. In a case like this a court appearance is mandatory. You cannot just pay the waiver. You must face that music.

Beyond that, as you said there may be reduction issues, points issues, payment issues.

They will just scrape your idiotic brain off the freeway and put a cross on the side of the road in your honor.

Nah...I wear a helmet. And I'm a good rider.

Speaking of helmets....I'm wondering why your old man forgot to wear a condom.

These fellows must have missed the class on "Bribing Law Enforcement" during their rookie symposium.

If I were a cop I would be doing serious profiling of these young pros as they tool around town. What better way to 'cop' some choice seating at FirstEnergy.

Gordon better get his shit in one sock and quick. I hate saying it but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he is out of the league this time next year. Hell, it's going to be a real challenge for him to last this season. He needs a swift kick to the balls.

I've never gotten a fine for going that fast. Cause I've never gotten caught.

Ain't too many interceptors that can keep up with an R6.

Yeah, right.. In my younger and stupider years I pushed a Suzuki 500 to the high side of 100 MPH. Then I hit a fly- felt like I had been shot. There wouldn't be much left if you wiped out going that fast- trust me- I've seen the aftermath first hand.

Admittedly, how fast you can go depends on what you're driving- you probably can feel in control @ 120 in a Porche or a Lamborghini- they were designed for those speeds. Last year I hit 115 on a lonely stretch of South Dakota Interstate in my Honda Accord- (just to see what the top end was) and decided any faster was too damn risky for the car- and me.

Archived