THE BROWNS BOARD

Training Camp News Around the League

Sheepdog

Jarius Byrd is reportedly open for a trade; http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000232635/article/jairus-byrd-believed-to-be-open-to-buffalo-bills-trade

I'm guessing he didn't like how his contract situation played out with the Bills. I would prefer that Gipson takes a firm hold of the FS position but I am interested to see what it would cost us to get Byrd not only for the trade but contract wise.. I'm guessing at least a 2nd rounder plus a replacement for Byrd. I know it has been reported that he wants to be the top paid FS which I think falls into the $8-10 million/year range.

He signed his franchise tender. I see no problem with him wanting to be traded, cause he didn't want to get franchised in the first place. If he had signed a like 5 year deal and then a few months later said he wanted traded, I would also say to quit complaining. But it was either sign the tender and get paid to play this year, or sit out all year and lose a lot of money.

TBH i want to make this deal depending on the price/player traded, Bryd might cost us a few bucks but hell only 2 spots worry me on the browns that cost games in the NFL CB and FS, a great FS can cover for sub par CB for deep plays, if we can keep the deep ball covered we'll move up.

"You’ll likely note that the 2013 Jaguars do not appear to be shaping up to be one of the great offensive teams of all time, so the fact that Massaquoi wasn’t able to beat out the likes of Jordan Shipley and Mike Brown for a job isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement of his capabilities."

Release by the Browns, then cut by the Jags. Not exactly a pro-bowl track record!

Archived