THE BROWNS BOARD

Is it REALLY this simple?

WPB Dawg Fan

In games that DA has completed at least 50% of his passes...and has 0 or 1 INT, the Browns are 12-0 since last year!!!

In games that DA has EITHER completed LESS than 50% of his passes or has had MULTIPLE INT's, the Brows are 1-10 (the only win was Buffalo in a snow storm).

Again

50% completions, 1 or fewer INT's: 12-0

Less than 50% completions or multiple INT's: 1-10

Now, please tell me what other stat is THAT DEFINITIVE!!!

In games that DA has completed at least 50% of his passes...and has 0 or 1 INT, the Browns are 12-0 since last year!!!

In games that DA has EITHER completed LESS than 50% of his passes or has had MULTIPLE INT's, the Brows are 1-10 (the only win was Buffalo in a snow storm).

Again

GOOD QBs push 60% and better... but Yes its quite helpful that you dont miss on more than you hit !!

That statement was true last year as it was clear that the team was carried by the passing game.

This year not so much with the improved D. The team now has the ability to win games even when the passing game isn't clicking.

It's not even GOOD QBing required....just don't f*ck it up QBing!!!

I don't think ANYONE can say that 50% completions and only 1 INT is TOO MUCH TO ASK!!!

And lummy, nope, wrong again.

We are 3-0 with those stats this year...and 0-4 when he doesn't reach them!!!

How about the stat when Jamal lewis touches the ball 20 times a game we are 10-1

when he does not well.... 1-10

So all we have to do is give Lewis the ball 21 times in a row, and we have a 10 in 11 chance of winning, regardless of how much he rushes.

Has it occurred to you he gets that many touches when the passing game sets it up so we don't have to abandon the run? Because THAT is exactly what I see.

Yeah. Didn't think so.

Has it occurred to you he gets that many touches when the passing game sets it up so we don't have to abandon the run? Because THAT is exactly what I see.

I agree that the passing game is more of a catalyst than the running game lemfaggly01. That would explain why DA was named team MVP last year.

Again

Here's the key to your stat ( and I admit it Berea you have a damn NOSE for the killer stat)

The key to that stat is:

Games that DA completes 50% of his passes.

it has NOTHING to do with BQ. That schmuck is irrelevant.

It is simple, we blame DA for the loses all the time, but stats like this show us that we need to run the ball more, we need to control the games better, not just go into passing mode because we are down 3 points, we need to stick to the run to open up the pass, if our coaching staff calls better plays and manages the game better we could make the playoffs, because we have the talent we just need to learn how to use it in a better more productive way.

lemosley WPB put up a pretty definitive stat linking our success to a specific factor with the qb position.

He asked what other stat existed that was as or more definitive to our success. I provided a pretty important stat.... Lemosley this is a TEAM game and it requires MULTIPLE TEAM FACTORS to create success.

This is never as simple as one players performance... A QB needs someone to block, catch, call plays that are not predictable etc... field position blah blah blah. You are so ANTI DA that anyone posting information about the TEAM that links our success as a TEAM all you can think of is your BQ love.

lemosley WPB put up a pretty definitive stat linking our success to a specific factor with the qb position.

He asked what other stat existed that was as or more definitive to our success. I provided a pretty important stat.... Lemosley this is a TEAM game and it requires MULTIPLE TEAM FACTORS to create success.

This is never as simple as one players performance... A QB needs someone to block, catch, call plays that are not predictable etc... field position blah blah blah. You are so ANTI DA that anyone posting information about the TEAM that links our success as a TEAM all you can think of is your BQ love.

But you aren't focusing on the team. All you are saying is 'if Jamal gets 20+ carries we win'. What is that about focusing on an individual performance?

That stat you quote is a an effect of winning, not the cause for winning. Look at the wins and see when most of his carries came. That's right - AFTER we got a lead. This isn't the unique to the NFL - most of the winning teams are PASSING to setup the run. Sorry that you don't like it, but it's true.

Look at Minnesota and ask - what are they missing. If you answered 'a legit QB' you are correct.

It's interesting that you want to call me out on 'bias'. Pot, meet kettle. The difference is, unlike you, I am not Pro-Quinn because he is Brady Quinn and I am in love with him, I believe he won't be worse than 31st rank in the NFL.

I'm Anti-Anderson because he is Mr. Inconsistent and I don't believe we'll ever win a Championship with Mr. Inconsistent (and to a greater degree RAC).

Again

It's real simple this stat means shit because Anderson completed 51 percent of his passes today going 17 for 33 and threw 1 INT and guess what surprise surprise the BROWNS LOST!!! Tell Braylon I drop balls constantly and am overrated Edwards maybe if he catches that deep ball that Anderson put right on the money to him when the game was tied at 27-27 like a receiver like Hines Ward has done his whole career maybe the Browns win. The bottom line is Braylon Edwards is a gagger when it comes to making clutch catches the guy is overrated as shit...

Many teams have trouble running against Baltimore.

Would it be too much to ask a QB to step up once in awhile and carry this team? With DA, the answer, sadly, is yes.

listen again today 19 attempts for 49 yds...... DA is NOT good enough to carry the team. You have to be able to rush.

Steinbach got hurt and we went to pot, we dont have Tucker or Vickers this game and we could not run.

Sev- even the announcers get it.

Nobody has put a hundo on the ground against the ratbirds in the last 26 games!!!

listen again today 19 attempts for 49 yds...... DA is NOT good enough to carry the team. You have to be able to rush.

Steinbach got hurt and we went to pot, we dont have Tucker or Vickers this game and we could not run.

Ahhh...the excuses keep on coming. Damn, are the flowing freely.

All i know is I have friends, people at work etc. that see it. They're saying the same thing about DA. So those that feel that DA is not the issue actually feel he has nothing to do with this team being 3-5 now....that he has done everything needed for this team to succeed? I'm callin' bullshit on that and I'm sure some others will also.

Archived