THE BROWNS BOARD

Possible Means of Getting Guard or Corner?

Shep

We're sort of crazy deep with guys who could play the nose, though (Taylor, Rubin, Kitchen, Hughes). It's pretty rare to keep that many guys who aren't 5-techs on a 3-4 DL. The guys who ARE 5-techs are Bryant, Winn, and the new kid who smokes a lot of pot. Can't remember his name. And that doesn't account for Sanford.

I think you probably carry 2-deep on a 3-man line, 6 guys. I just listed 8. I think Hughes is the other trade candidate (in addition to Sanford) and both can play. Probably fit 4-3 DT better, too.

I think the Browns have a move left in them, for a corner or guard. Not a huge deal, mind you.

I think Hughes is the other trade candidate (in addition to Sanford) and both can play. Probably fit 4-3 DT better, too.

I think the Browns have a move left in them, for a corner or guard.

Agree.... Kitchen looked really good this pre-season.

And interior line depth is badly needed (thus the OL being part of the conversation here).

The Browns are suddenly feeling thin at not just corner, RB, and RG... but also maybe WR now that Nelson didn't pan out and Gordon is gonna miss two games. What started out as a joy fest took a bit of a turn with injuries new and old (Nelson "just isn't ready to play," in somebody's words).

Wonder if Tori Gurley makes it now. He's freaking huge.

We almost certainly need to add a back. Jackson has zero burst now and Obie's a fullback. We got our latest "little quick guy." They're gonna need to make a deal or sign someone. I know Bobby Rainey just got cut.

Archived