THE BROWNS BOARD

Peter King: Mingo Best Rookie I Saw

Shep

I got it second hand from the pay board... but I think King has his own website now called Monday Morning Quarterback, his former ESPN or SI column. I'm guessing it came from there.

He did a 32-team camp tour and said Mingo was the best he saw.

The defense IS top 10.....................in the begining of the season. Playing too much and playing from behind will tire and injure the D going into the last half. No ability to score makes the Browns closer to 13- 14 in the AFC.

Increase your font size please

The defense IS top 10.....................in the begining of the season. Playing too much and playing from behind will tire and injure the D going into the last half. No ability to score makes the Browns closer to 13- 14 in the AFC.

agreed. our D is top notch and I'm really excited to see how they play. However Im scared that Weeds and company just wont be able to get it done on offense. Im sorry but our offence will not be able to out gun the likes of arodge, stafford, cutler.

I think Weeds will surprise us all! He will become the best QB we've had since we started over. Go Browns!

The problem with that is We have not had a decent QB since 1994 when Vinnie led us to a playoff win

there is no precedence unto which you can say "hey, i think my luck has changed! i just won a scratch off for $40 and now i can go get that bottle of stoli i've been wanting all day and go to cross the street and walk right in front of a speeding bus.

hopefully haslam and lombardi either stepped in dog shit or got shit on by a bird right before they and the rest of the FO brain-trust sat down in their war room this year.

if weeds is smokin weed and can't read the defenses and pick up on the blitzes then we are all doomed as browns fans once again.

there is no precedence unto which you can say "hey, i think my luck has changed! i just won a scratch off for $40 and now i can go get that bottle of stoli i've been wanting all day and go to cross the street and walk right in front of a speeding bus.

hopefully haslam and lombardi either stepped in dog shit or got shit on by a bird right before they and the rest of the FO brain-trust sat down in their war room this year.

if weeds is smokin weed and can't read the defenses and pick up on the blitzes then we are all doomed as browns fans once again.I h

if weeds is smokin weed and can't read the defenses and pick up on the blitzes then we are all doomed as browns fans once again.

I hope Weeden DID and IS smokin WEED Let him get the slow and easy defense

to: the sky is falling and prepubescent testicles. early thread replies about offensive struggles and BW in a Mingo based thread have a tendency to hijack it.

it would be appreciated if you both contained your Ghoolie parroting and presumptions regarding offensive struggles to the more appropriate places on the board...or at least toss in a sentence relative to the OP.

continual off topic posts seemingly intended to troll hate bait thru any thread regardless of topic wont get you very far in this forum.

you are both new here and may not have realized you both did this so this is my attempt to give you the benefit of the doubt. this time.

but, ur like-mindedness w Ghoolie, similar mispellings to his, and borderline trolling definitely raises my left eyebrow.

as they say if it walks like a duck...

Mingo practiced more today, was "limited" but did drills. Media saw early portion and MK said he looked quick, fluid, and healthy. He has a CT scan and he's not technically out of the question for game one.

Everybody else was back at practice, too (Cameron, Bess, Bryant, Owens, etc.). They were all "dinged," but are fine.

i respect Peter King's opinion so that's encouraging that he gave Keke such high praise.

additionally, its great that they have enough depth that this bruised lung thing doesn't leave the team dead in the water at that position. once he heals up, beefs up a bit more, and polishes his technique further we will see if King, Banner, and Lombardi's hunches on the kid were justified.

So King is basing his eval on practices??? "Practice? We talkin' about practice?"

Not that he can't be a contributor, but I watched a ton of preseason games this year and Mingo was barely noticeable, let alone noteworthy.

Ooh, you're the first person I've heard say that about Mingo in the preseason. Everybody else said he looked incredibly quick, the real deal.

Right now, today, assuming health, I think everybody in and around Cleveland thinks they got the best defensive player in the draft (because getting to the quarterback is 1 and #2 is way down the line).

For the record, I studied game recordings... did not just "watch games".

I saw one spin move in the first two games... the week 1 play where his "sack" was negated by penalty... that was it.

The Browns' site credits him with no tackles the entire preseason... two games in his case ( http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/statistics.html ), so his "intangibles must be thru the roof if he is already being anointed.

Again, I'm not saying that he does not have potential, but the kind of praise King and (by your account) all of Cleveland is heaping upon him, is not yet in evidence on the field.

Then again I'm the "Weeden has a slow release" guy... so what do I know...

Oh, right. Don't agree with your assessment on Weeden's delivery at all.

And I think your defintion of release continues to be flawed... so moving on...

Archived