THE BROWNS BOARD

Late Roster Moves Thread

Shep

Saw Jason Higdon thinks Bobby Rainey makes more sense than Jonathan Dwyer. Couple good ideas. George Winn, a rookie from Cincinnati just cut by Pats, is already on his way to Berea. He had a promising summer and might be a nice fit. 14 carries, 56 yards, lots of catches.

Some lineman named Velasco got cut, has starts at center and guard. Lots of talk about the Browns putting in a waiver claim.

Gonna be a busy day. Browns have sudden holes to fill.

Kellen Davis cut. Watkins makes some sense. Meachem is said to be broken down.

Several calls for interior DL and Jason Campbell (I'm guessing Bills and/or Jets).

Browns said to be looking for a WR with "serious upside," not a warm body, so that might be a trade. Back will be change of pace type, which puts Rainey in the mix. He returns kicks, too.

Browns could be active on waiver wire because they have the cash (contract stands if they get claimed on waivers). Would give us the edge with a guy like Watkins.

Hearing some Tandon Doss (Ravens cut, former 4th round pick, turns 24 in September). He's said to be very popular and won't make it through waivers.

Tavarres King (Broncos) was a 5th round pick a couple years ago and is also unlikely to make it through waivers. He was a surprise cut.

I could see one of those two and Rainey. Might have to trade for the corner.

Magee is more of Horton's kind of linebacker (225, quick) than Fort, so good trade out. Rainey was a fantastic add. Don't know much about the other guy. If we signed 6 guys on waivers, we have a couple more to find out about. Oh, yeah, the Green Bay G/C... knew we'd be getting one of those.

Good job, Browns. Little things matter. In each case so far, these teams really wanted to put these guys on their practice squads.

I've been looking for the latest Browns depth chart eveywhere but I can't seem to find anything.

Anybody can update me on OL and RBs?

Thanks.

O-line - Joe Thomas, John Greco, Alex Mack, Oniel Cousins, Mitchell Schwartz

Rashard Butler, Garrett Gilkey, Patrick Lewis C/G, Martin Wallace T

Shawn Lauvao, Jason Pinkston

RB - TRich, Bobby Rainey, Dennis Johnson

who??

They actually look like good prospects that had no chance on the depth charts of Houston and Baltimore.

I miss Dion Lewis, but I'd rather have these guys than retread Jackson or gimp Hardesty.

Not worried about RB. Not worried about guard.

Worried about corner, WR depth, and the fact that I can't even draft a Browns fantasy kicker ... because we don't have one.

Zombo

--Not really worried about kicker, but I fell sorry for the 53rd guy on the roster when we get one.

They actually look like good prospects that had no chance on the depth charts of Houston and Baltimore.

I miss Dion Lewis, but I'd rather have these guys than retread Jackson or gimp Hardesty.

Not worried about RB. Not worried about guard.

Worried about corner, WR depth, and the fact that I can't even draft a Browns fantasy kicker ... because we don't have one.

Zombo

--Not really worried about kicker, but I fell sorry for the 53rd guy on the roster when we get one.

It's like being Mr. Irrelevant, getting cut for a kicker.

Archived