DE - Rubin, D.Bryant, Winn, A.Bryant

ILB - Jackson, Robertson, Carder, Eric Martin, Brandon Magee

OLB - Kruger, Sheard, Mingo, Groves, Paul Hazel

CB - Haden, Skrine, Owens, McFadden

S - Ward, Gipson, Bademosi, Aubrey

ST - Young LS, Lanning P

IR - D.Lewis, C.Faulk OT, Hardesty

SuS - Josh Gordon

PS - Tori Gurley WR, Jasper Collins WR, Jamoris Slaughter S, Terrence Frederick, CB

Kip Edwards DB, Darius Eubanks DB, Julian Posey DB

My guess is the last PS spot goes to whoever we cut for a K or we bring back Smelley...

For those who haven't been able to keep up:

QB - Weeden, Campbell, Hoyer

RB - Richardson, Bobby Rainey, Dennis Johnson

FB - Ogbonnaya

WR - Little, Bess, Benjamin, Cooper

TE - Cameron, Barnidge, MarQueis Gray, Keavon Milton

OT - Thomas, Schwartz, Butler, Wallace

OG - Greco, Cousins, Gilkey, Lauvao, Pinkston

C - Mack, Patrick Lewis

DT - Taylor, Hughes, Kitchen

DE - Rubin, D.Bryant, Winn, A.Bryant

ILB - Jackson, Robertson, Carder, Eric Martin, Brandon Magee

OLB - Kruger, Sheard, Mingo, Groves, Paul Hazel

CB - Haden, Skrine, Owens, McFadden

S - Ward, Gipson, Bademosi, Aubrey

ST - Young LS, Lanning P

IR - D.Lewis, C.Faulk OT, Hardesty

SuS - Josh Gordon

PS - Tori Gurley WR, Jasper Collins WR, Jamoris Slaughter S, Terrence Frederick, CB

Kip Edwards DB, Darius Eubanks DB, Julian Posey DB

My guess is the last PS spot goes to whoever we cut for a K or we bring back Smelley...

Does Gordon count towards the 53?

Stupid Lombotomy adds Paul Hazel whose only been on for one preseason game and cuts JMJ...Stupid...

JMJ was terrible.

Cant read blocks, cant get off blocks, no pass rushing skills, gets ran over everytime he makes a tackle, horrible pursuit angles....Classic looks like tarzan plays like jane

JMJ was terrible.

Cant read blocks, cant get off blocks, no pass rushing skills, gets ran over everytime he makes a tackle, horrible pursuit angles....Classic looks like tarzan plays like jane

Dont know who your watching but, he looked pretty good to Me...

Stupid Lombotomy adds Paul Hazel whose only been on for one preseason game and cuts JMJ...Stupid...

I won't miss JMJ. If Horton wanted him. Lombo/Chud wouldn't have cut him.

I think they see Hazel as a speedy special teamer and developmental pass rusher.

Zombo

I have a feeling I already know the gameplan for the Dolphins game. Heavy doses of TRich behind 2 TE sets, I'm thinking. We'll throw a couple deep balls to Benjamin, but will mostly play a control offense. Norv will try to get many mismatches on Cameron and will utilize the 2 RB set a lot as well with TRich and Ogby. Should be efficient, but won't be flashy until Gordon returns.

JMJ was slated for an exit really early. That smaller linebacker we signed, the guy Chud called "old school," is 225, more in line with what Horton likes. Quicker, can cover, etc.

Bobby Rainey signing was my favorite because the Ravens are a rival and really wanted to slip him onto their practice squad. They have a clear starter and just as clear of a backup (Pierce) so Rainey wasn't gonna dress there. With us, he'll get touches. Quite a few scouts think that kid could be very, very good.

A lot of those "linebackers" and "tight ends" will be special teamers mostly... guys to keep Mingo off STs. More changes when we sign a kicker, when the guards get healthy, and when Gordon's eligible. It is indeed "fluid."

Have to think a corner figures in here somewhere, maybe in trade.

Seems like an awful lot of roster moves to me... and in areas where I felt good about our personel.

LB's

One wanted to see stick was Staples. I was impressed by his play and am sorry to see him go.

Also a surprise cut, though admitedly less deserving of a spot, was Fort.

Besides being one of Horton's guys, can someone explain Groves to me? I did not see him do anything of note the entire preseason.

Seems like an awful lot of roster moves to me... and in areas where I felt good about our personel.

LB's

One wanted to see stick was Staples. I was impressed by his play and am sorry to see him go.

Also a surprise cut, though admitedly less deserving of a spot, was Fort.

Besides being one of Horton's guys, can someone explain Groves to me? I did not see him do anything of note the entire preseason.

Really? Groves had 2 sacks in the preseason and provided great pressure off the edge... Not only does he know the system, but he is a talented pass-rusher..

Groves is one of the emotional leaders on the defense, and he's intense. This whole defense

is set up to succeed.

What's amazing to me, is the difference with these coaches - they KNOW what they are doing,

and they know the players who fit their determination to get smarter and faster.

JMJ was quite an athelete, but didn't seem to have football instincts all too often. Wasn't quick latterally...

Staples wasn't that quick, ran a 4.78... had two solo tackles in preseason, three or four assists. Not

dynamic enough to run with the talent ahead of him.

This coaching staff knows what they are doing in a huge way, and have great reasons for the moves they make.

As expected, they will use the TE's a lot, and that explains how they see the TE talent. And like Shep said,

the Rainey pickup is a favorite, and with the plays they showed with Dion Lewis making things happen,

Rainey is perfect to step in where Lewis left off. A lesser, dumber bunch of coaches wouldn't have made

these moves. They would have stuck with the talent that was already there - wouldn't be able to coach them up,

and wouldn't know what they were looking for.

Really? Groves had 2 sacks in the preseason and provided great pressure off the edge... Not only does he know the system, but he is a talented pass-rusher..

If you include game 4... In first three he had 1 sack 3 solos and one assist. Not that impressive in a 3-4 where the LBs are depended on to do the heavy lifting. That he should know the system is a given having come with Horton from AZ.

Groves is one of the emotional leaders on the defense, and he's intense. This whole defense

is set up to succeed.

What's amazing to me, is the difference with these coaches - they KNOW what they are doing,

and they know the players who fit their determination to get smarter and faster.

JMJ was quite an athelete, but didn't seem to have football instincts all too often.

Staples wasn't that quick, ran a 4.78... had two solo tackles in preseason, three or four assists. Not

dynamic enough to run with the talent ahead of him.

If "by succeed" you mean "live or die by the blitz", you'll get no argument from me.

Also no argument that the staff is leaps and bounds ahead of our last bunch...

Fair enough, but in Staples I saw game speed and "hunger"... just caught my eye. As opposed to say JMJ who was "quite an athlete" but never fulfilled his promise. I like measurables more than most, but know they don't tell the full story of many players.

As for the TE's... at least half will never see the 2014 season...

Rainey will be interesting. He's a draftnick favorite, someone a lot of guys like Alo and Sobo and Jeremiah and Daniel Wolf talk about. As soon as he got waived, Higdon tagged him for the Browns. Like Josh Gordon, it's one of those things that made so much sense I didn't think it would happen.

Rainey was probably more "buzzy" coming into this season than Dion. Looking forward to him getting 5-7 carries.

Rainey will be interesting. He's a draftnick favorite, someone a lot of guys like Alo and Sobo and Jeremiah and Daniel Wolf talk about. As soon as he got waived, Higdon tagged him for the Browns. Like Josh Gordon, it's one of those things that made so much sense I didn't think it would happen.

Rainey was probably more "buzzy" coming into this season than Dion. Looking forward to him getting 5-7 carries.

I think some...and perhaps even me, can get confused between Chris Rainey and Bobby Rainey. I assume they are different people?

Of anyone that can answer how has Skrine, Owens, McFadden (CB) look?

McFadden has looked out of his depth when he's played. He needs a lot of work before you can start to rely on him. Skrine seems to be better than last season. Owens looks injured, mostly.

McFadden has looked out of his depth when he's played. He needs a lot of work before you can start to rely on him. Skrine seems to be better than last season. Owens looks injured, mostly.

Damn. Hopefully Skrine plays well, he got beat like a $5 whore at the beginning of last season.

Damn. Hopefully Skrine plays well, he got beat like a $5 whore at the beginning of last season.

He does seem to be better, certainly. I'm less concerned than last season, but I still think a DB of some kind will be a priorty in April.

Archived