THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Wednesday 9/4/2013

The Gipper

Here is this week's survey, give your opinions:

1. The NFL season starts tomorrow night. Who will win The Super Bowl for the 2013 NFL season?

2. What is your favorite sports song?

3. What is your favorite line from a sports movie? (Ok to give several)

4. Do you have a favorite sports bar? Where/what is it?

5. I heard one sports commentator say that he believes that the NFL right now is deeper in quality QBs than at any other time in history. Do you buy that?

My other answers:

1. Super Bowl winner: The Atlanta Falcons. Why not. Choosing them is democratic. (and hell, the effing Atlanta Braves have a good chance to win the World Series)

2&3 see above.

4. I really don't have a place where I say "lets go to ------ to watch a game." There is a sports bar at The Galaxy in Wadsworth that I do go to occasionally (but I don't really favor it over any other place...it is just convenient...about a mile away.)

5. It seems like there is a lot of quality depth now...especially with the young crop of QBs. that seem to be doing well. But good young QBs can turn out bad in a very short time. Are RGIII, Wilson, Luck etc. really gonna turn out better than Vince Young/Matt Leinert/Joey Harrington. Time will tell. I will have to do some research on when really the NFL has had the real quality depth at QB.

1. The NFL season starts tomorrow night. Who will win The Super Bowl for the 2013 NFL season?

Broncos

Centerfield, John Fogerty

Rocky Theme too

"You're killing me Smalls!"

"Juuuuuuuust a bit outside!"

"Yo, Adrian!"

"I'll Make it."

Joey D's, Naples Florida ... Home of the Naples Browns Backers

5. I heard one sports commentator say that he believes that the NFL right now is deeper in quality QBs than at any other time in history. Do you buy that?

It's deep at the top but it drops at around 20 ... Terrelle Pryor and Jeff Tuel are starting Sunday

Seahawks

Rocky Theme

"Are you saying Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?"

Roosters in Canton

No....The NFL is totally committed to offense, and coaches are taking advantage of that

Seattle....best d in league

2. What is your favorite sports song? Zombo beat me to it

"Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth."

-- Lou Gehrig (Gary Cooper) in "The Pride of the Yankees."

I like the small neighborhood bar found in most big cities. As long as they are air conditioned, dark, don't smell like an old bar towel, have modern TV's and allow you to smoke, I am down. It helps if they serve Maker's Mark

yea, I buy it. all you have to do is check out the stats for the past few years.

San Fran

The Browns fight theme

"build it" "they will come"

Dont go to bars anymore...

Absolutely not!!

1. Green Bay

2. Bernie Bernie

3.Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff.

4 Maple Lanes. It's 10 minutes from The Browns stadium, it has bowling lanes, and cheap beer. And My friends own it

5 No. The 80's had Montana, Elway, Marino. All of them are in the top ten on everyone's list of Greatest of all Time. If not top 5

I don't normally go to a bar to watch a football game- usually the sound is turned off and too much background chatter- but besides Outback, local places I like are Chappy's http://www.chappystaproom.com/Pages/index.htm and Elsa's http://www.elsas.net/menus-and-specials/stroop.html

1. Broncos- If they get a good running game going with what they have, and they should, they're going to be hard to stop. Their D is good as well.

2. Eye of the Tiger, Wild Thing, personally though, I listen to Just Breath by (Eddie Vedder or Pearl Jam), I forget, before any golf tournament. Relaxing.

3. "Rim's still 10 feet high"-Hoosiers ; "Every time you hit a ball in the air, you owe me twenty push-ups"

4. Chimney Sweep in Burbank, Ca. Never expected to see 150 Browns fans there at ten o'clock on a Sunday morning, drinking more than I.

5. I'd say no. 80's and 90's had some awesome talent if I remember, but I was a little shitkicker back then.

Seahawks

"Heart of Rock & Roll"... but there were a lot of great songs on that Huey Lewis LP....

"Lollygaggers!"

"All right, Bub. Your fuckin' head is coming right off."

(M.A.S.H. --- not technically a "sports movie", but was in a sports sequence, and was first time I heard the F-bomb dropped in a movie.)

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

"Sex and golf are the two things you can enjoy even if you're not good at them."

"I don't think the heavy stuff is going to come down for a while now."

"Coach stays, I play. Coach goes, I go."

"There's no crying in baseball!"

Was Time Out #2 in Pasa-getdown-dena, TX... Made a lot of great Browns fan friends there in the 90's...

One owned one of Paul Brown's game plan books... it was cool as hell to leaf thru it...

Any other time??? Nah... If it's true, the "quality" bar has been lowered considerably.

Eye of the Tiger

the homos in Denver were playing this annemic song before the game last night.

Cleveland Browns Stadium never played any of that horse shit. lets see what firstenergy has on their playlists.

apropos for the hard core Cle fan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pct91Fw-eZw&list=FLoFpa4-0UsTrXc1g0IWrMSA

Archived