THE BROWNS BOARD

interesting book written by Don Cockroft about the 80 Kardiac kids

plumcrazy73

Don Cockroft came on Sirrus NFL radio and was talking and he told of his book, sounds like a good read so I thought I would share it with everyone.

Below is the front page of his website, he wrote , published and is distributing the book himself.

http://thekardiackids.com/home.php

The 1980 Kardiac Kids — Our Untold Stories is the most complete, most comprehensive account of this miracle season ever published. The book is dedicated to the fans who cheered for the Browns every step of the way as they battled to win a division championship, their first in nine years.
This 672-page, hardcover, coffee-table edition features a look at how the Kardiac Kids were formed, personal stories from the players and coaches, a detailed recap of every game, fan memories, plus much, much more.
You will take a walk down memory lane by revisiting the birth of the Kardiac Kids, including the emergence of Brian Sipe at quarterback, the hiring of coach Sam Rutigliano and the 1979 season when the Kids began to establish their reputation for exciting, come-from-behind victories.
Next, you will read a compelling and inspirational story about each player and coach that takes you on his journey to becoming a Cleveland Brown, describes his vital contributions to the team’s success and provides a fascinating and meaningful look at his life today.
Then, as each amazing game is brought back to life in words and pictures, you will relive all the spectacular plays and thrilling moments while being transported back to the time when the Kardiac Kids captured your heart.
You will also read fresh and insightful commentary about the playoff game against the Oakland Raiders on January 4, 1981. Players and coaches will recall the challenge of overcoming those bitterly-cold and blustery conditions at frozen Cleveland Stadium.
And, yes, they will share with you their thoughts and reflections on Red Right 88, the play that shattered the dreams of a Super Bowl title.

good stuff - enjoyed this very much

Running onto the field for the first field-goal attempt, I fell face-first onto the turf. Radio announcer Gib Shanley’s commentary that I ‘tripped over the white sideline marker’ was not the case. The cartilage in my knee slipped into my knee joint as I ran onto the field, locking the joint so that my leg would not straighten out.

"After a few moments of some excruciating pain, I called a timeout for the first and only time in my 13 seasons in the NFL. I was able to go back on the field, we made the field goal, plus another that day to help win an important game."

— Don Cockroft on kicking with his knee injury against Tampa Bay

Archived